• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is vaping weed better for my health then smoking it in a pipe or joint ?

Joints stain your fingers just like cigarettes.
This never happened to me.

I smoked cigarettes for 10 years. I got yellow fingers. I stopped and only smoke pot now. No yellow fingers.

I've never met an only-pot smoker who has yellow fingers either.

Yes I agree with all of that. I do chop my buds down a fair bit and don't generally put in big chunks, do you think there is any difference in how much vapour we as users can get out of a session between big chunks and smaller, chopped up bits?

It depends on the vaporizer. Generally the vapour wont be as thick, but the bud will last longer if it's in bigger chunks & you don't lose anything to the grinder or your fingers.

Conductive vaporizers with a deep & narrow oven, like my portables, titan 2 & flowermate seem to work better with big chunks packed into a puck & a steel screen on top. Halfway through I'll push the screen down to keep it in a fairly solid puck & crush it. The big chunks help to stop the small vaporizer from clogging up with dust as much too.

Vaporizers with a wide, shallow heating chamber that use heated air, like my storz & bickel plenty, need the weed to be finely ground so there's no gaps or it wont work.

It's probably better for you than smoking herb, if you use cannabis daily or have for decades or years daily.

But it's best not to smoke, or vaporize anything.

If I were going to use cannabis again I'd either just vaporize it or eat low doses of edibles at rare times. But I never smoked daily for years, and haven't smoked any cannabis in over a decade. I did try a vaporizer out 3-4 years ago and that was a magic flight launch box. It was interesting as the high was more psychedelic and cerebral which I enjoyed; but it was not as psychedelic as smoking excellent sativa, or eating a high dose of cannabis. But the high does last for a long time, longer than eating cannabis did for me so I just decided to completely stop using cannabis as I basically had done this years before.

I've never used dabs, wax, oil, etc. I did try hash both smoking it and eating it while in Spain and I liked how it was a psychedelic Sativa. Eating the sativa hash was more mellow than smoking it was.

Last edited:
Polediver the picture that you show the vape has a glass stem it is very dirty ! That person should clean it much more often .=D Thanks also for the website you mention, I will look thru there. But so far I would like to buy the Arizer Solo specially since you say you like it very much you use it every day & you are very happy with it .
DrGreen I do think that when I buy & use my vape that I will use bigger chunks because I feel that bigger chunks will take much longer to burn thru which mean that I may get more hits out of one big chunk then if I break it into smaller chunks . I will try this to see if it work.

There's a good reason it's cheaper than a Plenty. The Plenty is the best thing ever made, nothing else gets me as stoned as the Plenty & it's built to last. The Plenty needs the chamber to be packed tightly with a good amount of finely ground herb, it needs mains power too, but it's worth it. You might be able to find a deal on a second hand Plenty too.

^ Something for you to consider Lemon, maybe you might like a plenty?

maxresdefault.jpg

It is a bit weird looking, and not portable as it has to be plugged in. There are pros and cons for all vapes just about.

Do as much research and looking into as you can, try view a few youtube reviews (just type in 'plenty vaporiser review').... See what everyone thinks.

One of my friends who lives over in England has a Crafty and says he loves it, this is what it looks like -

crafty.jpg

Consider all these, and even the one after the solo which is the arizer air, i've heard good things about that too -

tumblr_nnktpeiO9R1rmluf7o8_500.jpg

If I was rich I would buy about 10 of the best vapes, but I am happy with my two, my portable one and my desktop one.

Too early to say people have only been vaping with PG for what 15 years tops could be carnergenic who knows?

Too early to say people have only been vaping with PG for what 15 years tops could be carnergenic who knows?

Yes Polediver I remember I say in my second post that I want to save my money to buy the Plenty becuase as DrGreenthumb say, it is the top of the line vapes. I do not like it that it will stay plugged in while I am using it but if it give me a clean healthy high then it is worth the expense .
Priest & Dez, I read & hear that smoking weed is not good for health because it have carcinigenes in it but then I read that it is more healthy to smoke weed then to drink alcohol or shoot herion.
I have one dear friend from school who died because he overdose on heroin . My mother is recovered acloholic & her liver is permanent damaged . I been smoking weed I started at 14 & my health is very good (as far as I notice ). I only smoke it twice in the whole day but not on every day. So it is my opinon that smoking weed is better for health then any other drug substances. Of course it is better for a persons health to not do any drug & this is what I will strive to do one day in my future ..

The Plenty is a great piece of kit, well worth the investment. Even if you see one second hand & get a cheaper deal on it, like I did, don't worry, there's not much that can go wrong with them. I use that & a cheap portable Titan 2

Article that say vapes are much better & healthy high !

http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/5-marijuana-vaporizers-offering-a-better-healthier-high.html/

It seem that vaping weed is spreading to the masses of people. Finally it is realised that this truly is better then smoking weed the old way !%)
I really am impress with the Pax by the Ploom company & it only 199$. The battery last to load it 5 times & it charge within 2 hours. I also like the way it look, it is shaped like a lighter ! But the Juju Joint I do not like because it only have 7 minute of inhale time for 25$ & higher cost, there is no charge to need but it is single use which can cause considirable expenses after buying many of them . Some time, the less expense vape do not mean that it is the best vape ..

True. That's why I just stopped using cannabis including vaping it. But you have the same thing going on with e-cigs where people think that it's perfectly fine and safe compared to smoking.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/5-marijuana-vaporizers-offering-a-better-healthier-high.html/

It seem that vaping weed is spreading to the masses of people. Finally it is realised that this truly is better then smoking weed the old way !%)
I really am impress with the Pax by the Ploom company & it only 199$. The battery last to load it 5 times & it charge within 2 hours. I also like the way it look, it is shaped like a lighter ! But the Juju Joint I do not like because it only have 7 minute of inhale time for 25$ & higher cost, there is no charge to need but it is single use which can cause considirable expenses after buying many of them . Some time, the less expense vape do not mean that it is the best vape ..

Pax is overpriced for what it is. Better off with a titan 2 for under $50. No battery powered portable compares with the power of the Plenty, but maybe you need two vaporizers (or more) if you like leaving the house.

Very interesting,

I will add that there's a component to the high that is lost when you vaporize only. Combustion provides the high that you more than likely grew up feeling.

I bought an arizer Solo to switch to vaping but quickly realized this lack of high feeling. I mean you're gonna get euphoric af but it's still lacking. I ended up getting a bong and when I'd smoke the bong then vape, I realized vaporizing is truly just a top-off to the high. Of course that's just me.

Next stop is the arizer Air =D