• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is vaping weed better for my health then smoking it in a pipe or joint ?

lemontree

Greenlighter
This is my first post, been lurking here for awhile & there seem to be good ppl in here with sage advise about weed & drugs in general. Here is the article I read the other day

http://www.livescience.com/46536-vaporizing-marijuana-benefits-risks.html

My question is to any of you here if you have vape weed & if you did, how did it make you feel healthwise ? Is breathing thru your lungs easier & is it a cleaner buzz then if you smoke it in a pipe or joint ? But the article say that studies are not conclusive & that vaping can be to potent & even more harmful for a persons lungs than just smoking it regular .

Any thoughts on this ? :?

There is no way vaping can be more harmful than smoking, seriously.

I think the high is cleaner, but not as punchy as smoking, I think it's more gentle. Nicer, too. But you obv need a vape, need to stir, it's a lot more fiddly than smoking a bowl and that's it.

Screen-Shot-2014-04-17-at-8.45.50-PM-580x273.png

vape-smoke4.jpg

THC_Graphs.png

I smoked bongs for 15 or more years and then after chest and lung issues I switched to non combustion (edibles and vaping) only and I can tell you that the high is just as good if not better vaping and that my lungs feel amazingly better for it.

I have been vaping for over 5 years now but full time with no combustion for 2+ years. Stopping smoking anything was the best thing I ever did for my health (along with stopping using alcohol).

I hardly ever cough up black shit anymore and I do not get that deep down yucky bong or smokers cough. I still vape everyday, usually once or twice and sometimes three times, but since I am not ingesting all the crap that goes with combustion I am feeling very good health wise.

So yes, using a vape only and no smoking has made my lungs feel alot better. I wish I had never smoked bongs or joints or tobacco (in a weed mix) at all ever. I wish I started using vapes from the get go. Ah well, I learnt from my own mistakes and I cannot speak highly enough of the change it has made to my health to stop combustion/smoking.

From the link Lemontree posted -

A 2004 study in the Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics found that vaporized marijuana contained little other than cannabinoids, and a 2007 study found users inhaled fewer toxic compounds and carbon monoxide when vaping compared with smoking marijuana.

And in 2010, Earleywine and his colleague Nicholas Van Dam found that marijuana users who complain of respiratory irritation reported a stark improvement in their symptoms just a month after switching to vaporized forms of marijuana. Those symptoms include asthma, shortness of breath and coughing up phlegm. The researchers also measured objective improvement in the participants' lung function.

Last edited:
Thanks you for responding Whitedream & Polediver . So are you saying that vaping is more trouble to do then just smoking weed in a pipe ? I have wanted to have a cleaner high as you say, but I do like the simpleness of just loading a bowl & smoking it without using much effort. I was thinking of saving my money to get the Plenty becuase it is quiet & does not need a balloon to use it . You say that you wish you never smoke from a bowl because it gave you lung sickness & coughing up black things which is what I do now, I cuogh & cough but I dont like it but I do like the high how ever. From your diagram you post it seem that vaping really is much alot more healthy then smoking it raw in a bowl or joint . I know it is oxy-moronic that I want to get high but do it in a healthy way it make no sense but I do want to try vaping to see how my lungs & breathing react to it ..

I find using my solo vape is just as easy as packing cones/bowls.

You chop some weed up in a bowl and pack it into the glass section for your herbs, turn it on, set the temp (from 1-7 I think it is) and then within 3 mins it's ready to inhale the vapour. It's easy as.

Here is a youtube of it in action (you can youtube any vape review you wont, if you didnt know that).

I have a portable vape (solo) and a desktop vape (extreme q) I love them both.

I would love a plenty or crafty too but I dont really need a 3rd vape at present.

The solo is also totally silent.

I like the Arizer ! He say it only 149$ - 249$ which is less than the Plenty. I like how it look, I like that it is re-chargable . It use glass stem & the unit is small to fit in my pockets . But in the video he did not hold his hit in, he blow it out to fast ! He wasted it!! Thanks for this video . If this work for me, then it is a good way for me to get a clean high that is much healthy then smoking it in a bowl or joint. He did not say if the vapour that a person blows out has a odor or not . Does it have a strong or small odor ?

I've found I develop a pretty nasty cough if I vape any oils for any extended periods (say 3+ days), but otherwise I enjoy vaping buds...

There is definitely still an odor, depends on strength of bud, and heat setting... It does seem to dissipate quicker though

Yeah there is still a slight smell, but it's not the same smell as bongs or joints, i've heard it described as a burnt popcorn smell, it goes pretty quickly though as stated by jahseeus, it's like a vapour mist and is not nearly as heavy or strong odour as smoke.

See how on the 1st and 2nd pic it says take small shallow hits? You dont really need to hold it in for very long I've found. And as for smoking, as it says on the pics, holding in the smoke for longer to try get higher is really bad for us as it allows more tar and noxious chemicals to be absorbed into the lungs.

I've never vaped anything but buds and I dont really wont to, buds get me high enough as they are.

And lemontree, Arizer is the company, they make quite a few vapes, I know there is the solo, the extreme q and the air, there are probably more. There are stores online that just cater to vapes, check some out and compare prices i get mine delivered to my house, but if that cant be done in your scenario just goto a shop (if you can).

Last edited:
I used to be a daily bong smoker and would always have a little cough throughout the day but once I switched over to only vapor or at least 90% vapor the cough went away. With that said I prefer the high smoking gives but being a long term daily user vaping allows more money to fund my other addictions.

Silver surfer vaporizer is the best in the world. Top quality, three year warranty and custom blown glass here in Colorado. They even have a concentrate kit so you can switch from dry herb!

It's made a noticeable difference to me since I stopped smoking & switched to vaping. I'm breathing easier, lung capacity & stamina seem to have improved, my nose hardly gets blocked any more, no persistent cough, no smokey smell, no yellowed fingers & teeth, no stinking ashtrays.

Getting higher than ever before & using less herb to do it. Also saves money on lighters, papers & other smoking accessories. Saves time & hassle. I just pack big chunks of bud into my portable vape, turn it on & it's heated up in about a minute. It's a stronger, more intense & cleaner high than smoking. Tastes much better too.

It's made a noticeable difference to me since I stopped smoking & switched to vaping. I'm breathing easier, lung capacity & stamina seem to have improved, my nose hardly gets blocked any more, no persistent cough, no smokey smell, no yellowed fingers & teeth, no stinking ashtrays.
You said you quit smoking tobacco only just two months ago.

I've never heard of cannabis causing yellowed fingers, as well as other symptoms you describe.

Polediver yes I reread the parts where it say to not hold in vapour to long because it can causes damage to the lungs . The Arizer Solo is the one I want to buy, it is less expense & it is small to fit in my pockets. It is good to know the odour from vaping is not strong as smoking from a bowl or joint .
Dr.Green & Snakeyes it is good vaping has made you not cough any more & it save you more expense to make your weed last a longer time .
Adam how much do Silver Surfer cost & is it small to fit in a pocket or pouch ? Wolf4 my fingers tip do have a strong odour on them & they do have a dirty yellow on them . I must wash & scrub my fingers to get off the odour also the dirty yellow .

You have to scrub yellow off? That sounds intense.

8 years only cannabis smoker here. Never seen anything like it.

Wolf4 I scrub to get the odour off but the yellow is cause by resin from the pipe & when I smoke weed from a joint . Some times I wear gloves but it is not comfotable. I think that if I buy a vapour I will not have odour or stain on my fingers any longer .

Yeah I dont get stained with the vape, but some of the parts of the vape do, in the case of the solo the glass stems just get washed in the dish washer and come up near new again.

With the solo I also bought a car charger (charges from the cigarette charger in most cars) and also a stealth case for the solo.

Nh0udrU.jpg

There is a solo with the staines straight glass stem, all one would have to do to clean it is run it thru a dishwasher. When I bought my solo I got a straight and a bent glass stem. Also you can use the Solo whilst it is plugged in and charging (on older models you couldnt). I've been very happy with my solo and I use it every day. I would tell you if I didnt like it.

That picture isnt mine, I just google imaged it, but that person has left their glass stem without washing it for many many sessions for it to get like that. I use mine 25 times and its still not that dirty. They should wash it hehe :)

Lemon, there is a great site or community about vapes it is called 'fuck combustion' if you put those two words together and add a .com at the end you should be able to get there, read some of the reviews and peoples comments about all types of vapes.

You said you quit smoking tobacco only just two months ago.

I've never heard of cannabis causing yellowed fingers, as well as other symptoms you describe.

No, I quit the e-cig about 2 months ago, keep up. You're not a very good stalker are you? If you're going to follow all my posts at least get it right, take notes or something.

Joints stain your fingers just like cigarettes.

Getting higher than ever before & using less herb to do it. Also saves money on lighters, papers & other smoking accessories. Saves time & hassle. I just pack big chunks of bud into my portable vape, turn it on & it's heated up in about a minute. It's a stronger, more intense & cleaner high than smoking. Tastes much better too.

Yes I agree with all of that. I do chop my buds down a fair bit and don't generally put in big chunks, do you think there is any difference in how much vapour we as users can get out of a session between big chunks and smaller, chopped up bits?