• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Is vaping really bad?

Meth novice 79

Bluelighter
I’m bored.
Can’t sleep.
This is the part of the meth binge that I loathe the most.
My body is depleted beyond exhaustion, I just want to be in bed where everyone else is, and here I am, mind going a hundred million miles an hour, making fuck all sense, even to myself and can’t switch off.
My anxious mind craves stimulation but I’m lacking energy to do anything about it.

So I come back here to annoy everyone posting off topic bullshit that I’ll forget I even said tomorrow.
Thank god for blue light because nobody here cares I’m a basket case. Or if they do I don’t have to hear about it like I do here at home lol

I’m prettt excited too though.
I was given a Pax!
Had to quit weed a few years ago because lung disease stole my ability to inhale without needing an hour on a ventilator after.

But this little baby! Not only does it not choke me, but it makes my weed taste AMAZING!

Fingers crossed this will be the end of my love hate relationship with meth, I miss my old stoner self!!!

But.
People have started telling me horror stories about vaping.
Like it’s meant to be worse for you long term and people are dying from it or something?

Is this more overhyped bullshit does anyone know?

You have had lung disease and you're wondering if vaping is bad for you? seriously?

Yeah ok, fair point lol
To be fair though I did mention I was scattered.

From what I could see online though, the people who died from vaping were putting chemical oils in their vapes, not fucking weed.
Which I should have elaborated on I guess lol

Okay, so spot on to Mitzo', because with lung disease you're gonna want not do any of this. I understand that you're still going to want to, though, and I've actually been using my PAX3 for what feels like 2-3 years now... might be only a year? A long fucking time for a 31 year old daily smoker since 14, that's what I'm saying here.

Anyways, you're right about everything in the media's portrayal of the vape scare being seemingly focused on only the chemicals/cartridge vapes. Even further, they're typically referencing the black market and homemade vapes, whether they realize that that's the case or not. Other users here are much more knowledgeable about that issue than I am. And then...

With the PAX. I use it multiple times a day, dude. Everything from midgrade, which sucks but gets the job done, to tiny balls of wax coated in kief and buried in the direct middle of an oven of white widow and, heh.... THAT works great. High as a fucking kite.

As far as health goes, I also smoke cigarettes daily. A pack every two days. Before the PAX I coughed up brown, black and grey shit nonstop. After the PAX, it happens maybe once or twice a week; more when I'm sick. I don't cough much anymore unless I'm actively smoking, don't have to clear my throat as often. Overall, I'd say my lungs are healthier for the PAX, because otherwise I'd still be exclusively smoking pot and cigarette without having any breaks for my lungs by vaping.

OH! And also, I don't know if you've got the kit or not, but the half-oven lid attachment works sooooo much better than the regular lid, and the extracts/dab accessory just isn't worth it. It makes a fucking mess and doesn't produce anything near the hit from an extract should. It's best to fill your oven halfway with flower, add a dab of your discretion in the center, and then pack the rest with flower. You should be able to tell how much is too much, but if not check out youtube for a quick tutorial.

Last edited:
Okay, so spot on to Mitzo', because with lung disease you're gonna want not do any of this. I understand that you're still going to want to, though, and I've actually been using my PAX3 for what feels like 2-3 years now... might be only a year? A long fucking time for a 31 year old daily smoker since 14, that's what I'm saying here.

Anyways, you're right about everything the in the media's portrayal of the vape scare is seemingly only focusing on the chemicals/cartridge vapes. Even further, they're typically referencing the black market and homemade vapes, whether they knowingly are aware that's the case or not. Other users here are much more knowledgeable about that issue than I am. And then...

With the PAX. I use it multiple times a day, dude.Everything from midgrade, which sucks but gets the jobdone, to tiny balls of wax coated in kief and buried in the direct middle of an oven of white widow and, heh.... THAT works great. High as a fucking kite.

As far as health goes, I also smoke cigarettes daily. A pack every two days. Before the PAX I coughed up brown, black and grey shit nonstop. After the PAX,it happens maybe once or twice a week, more when I'm sick. I don't cough much anymore unless I'm actively smoking, don't have to clear my throat as often. Overall, I'd say my lungs are healthier for the PAX, because otherwise I'd still be exclusively smoking pot and cigarettes, with no breaks by vaping.

I’d need to quit cigarettes to even begin addressing the issue of my lung diagnosis and that’s still a work in progress.

I’m just excited I can get stoned again, it’s been 3 years since I could inhale weed.

I’ve accepted my fate, it is what it is, fucked if I’m going to stop living in order to just stay alive.
My kids’d be pretty pissed if I died tomorrow from a vape though so I thought I’d better ask around a bit about it lol
Happy to hear it really is all BS.

At least, I think it is with flowers. As far as that goes, there's always the possibility of a faulty vape (like melted plastic or something? idk) or trying to vape adulterated flowers that still have like pesticides or fertilizer on them, but again-- not likely.

But yeah, dude, aside from a little extra irritation on whatever you've got going on, I don't think this alone will give you some other disease or anything. In a person with healthy, undamaged lungs I don't think there'd be any concern at all. Do keep in mind, though, that's it pretty much goes straight to your lungs and the vapor can be pretty hot at 420F. Start low, start slow.

Don't hurt yourself, bud, and enjoy. They really are nice vapes. It's a bit of a learning curve learning to hit them right, though. Instead of hitting a J, think of it more like sipping a hot cup of tea or coffee. If you like this one, think about looking at The Mighty vaporizer. They're monsters for handhelds, but apparently amazing. I'm thinking of getting one for myself, I just can't seem to find a decent enough, smellproof carrying case for it.

And as a final thought, have you considered making edibles? Very cost effective, and you learn a new skillset to boot! Plenty of folks around here could help you get started on that route, if you wanted.

My kids’d be pretty pissed if I died tomorrow from a vape though so I thought I’d better ask around a bit about it lol

I really suggest speaking with a physician about specifically this, then. I get why you wouldn't or may not want to, but it really would be the best course of action. Especially if you could explain the difference between vaping flower and cartridges to him. I just want to put out there that I'm by no means a medical expert, or even novice. I can only speak on my own experiences and those that I've witnessed firsthand of others.

Last edited:
At least, I think it is with flowers. As far as that goes, there's always the possibility of a faulty vape (like melted plastic or something? idk) or trying to vape adulterated flowers that still have like pesticides or fertilizer on them, but again-- not likely.

But yeah, dude, aside from a little extra irritation on whatever you've got going on, I don't think this alone will give you some other disease or anything. In a person with healthy, undamaged lungs I don't think there'd be any concern at all. Do keep in mind, though, that's it pretty much goes straight to your lungs and the vapor can be pretty hot at 420F. Start low, start slow.

Don't hurt yourself, bud, and enjoy. They really are nice vapes. It's a bit of a learning curve learning to hit them right, though. Instead of hitting a J, think of it more like sipping a hot cup of tea or coffee. If you like this one, think about looking at The Mighty vaporizer. They're monsters for handhelds, but apparently amazing. I'm thinking of getting one for myself, I just can't seem to find a decent enough, smellproof carrying case for it.

And as a final thought, have you considered making edibles? Very cost effective, and you learn a new skillset to boot! Plenty of folks around here could help you get started on that route, if you wanted.

Thank you!

And yeah my gf collects all her vaped weed and turns it into cookies for me usually, but it’s just not the same kind of stoned. I’ve missed it.
Compared to some of my other habits and the damage they do, weed and lung disease are nothing.

Yeah, man, but you only live once! And, uh, I don't mean that the way the kids are saying these day.

And hey, if her vaped weed gives you some effects, then if you did it with fresh (still dry, though) cannabis then I think they'd floor your ass, dude. See if she'd give it a shot, and if she doesn't already use cannabutter then y'all need to learn to make that as a first step, which is super easy; it's just stinky (pot stinky, not like cringey stinky.)

And no problem, bud, if you have PAX questions in the future just ask. Keep in mind, though, I don't do much crazy shit with mine. I'm pretty sure the company sells a water-filter attachment, though, where you can turn it into a bubbler. They have a lot of shit, now that I really think about it...

Everyone keeps telling me about this cannabutter, think I’ll have to do some homework.

A 3 year break means I’m back to giggly teenage stoned now, it doesn’t take much anymore lol

A Pax vape is a legit legal product. Dunno about where they source their parts from. The Pax 1/2/3/Era are sold in Canada. Although only the Era has been tested by Health Canada, I’m sure the Pax’s would be pulled from the market if something wrong was found with them.

Vaping the actual contents? It’s never great but certainly better than smoking/bongs of weed. I smoked a pack a day but quit a long time ago and my lungs are checked once a week.

If you can find a sublingual spray, or ideally get a Sativexl spray. The latter is expensive though and requires a ‘real’ prescription from a ‘real’ doctor. As of yet I’ve been unable to get a Sativex script but have tried it once.

Hope things work out.

Tom

edit #1 - Sativex is NOT intended for nasal use. It is an oral/buccal/sublingual spray. I was wrong to have stated it was for nasal use (despite what I was told). It should take 30-60 minutes to kick in when sprayed under the tongue or sides of mouth. Meth novice 79 - Marinol (Dronabinol brand) is oral THC @ 2.5, 5 or 10 mg. Dronabinol does not contain CBD. Sativex spray is a CBD:THC formulation. Apologies for wrong information initially about Sativex. If smoking and/or vaping is not good for you you might consider either of these 2 options. Full spectrum gelcaps (at a legal dispensary if you have access to one) might be more cost effective.

Last edited:
MAN i am 34 year`s old i never seen a man made b/shit excuse it`s tainted thc cart`s. that is all~!!!!!!!!! i vape i am healthy have vaped for 13 years

I only trust the dry herb vapes (volcano, pax, vaporgenie, plenty, etc) at the moment until the sketchiness of black market THC cartridges gets sorted out.

Feel absolutely wonderful after using the plenty and such.

I really suggest speaking with a physician about specifically this, then. I get why you wouldn't or may not want to, but it really would be the best course of action. Especially if you could explain the difference between vaping flower and cartridges to him. I just want to put out there that I'm by no means a medical expert, or even novice. I can only speak on my own experiences and those that I've witnessed firsthand of others.
Agreed. Talk to a doctor or medical professional and be honest about the drugs you use and how you use them like how you smoke or vape herb or hash. If you have lung disease vaping is bad, and vaping is not good for people who are healthy. Can you get edibles or make THC extracted food? I have never used crystal methamphetamine but my friends that have would take benzos like valium for the comedown. Be careful you do not become addicted to them. Stay safe.

My brother quit by vaping and he has never had issues. I think it's the black market cartridges causing the problems

My brother quit by vaping and he has never had issues. I think it's the black market cartridges causing the problems

Pretty much agree w/you. The last black market vape I had was December, 2018. I still vape but at the moment, only carts from my licensed producer. In 2018 I did a fair amount of wax/shatter in a dab pen - but I’ve never used a proper dab rig (no e-nails or bangers). Had an abdominal cat scan about 4 weeks ago and no popcorn or blocked lungs.

Eh, I get minor ‘grumpies’ when I’ve been w/o weed for too long but it’s not even as severe as quitting caffeine cold turkey.

Tom