• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Is using one time while in withrdaw a massive setback?

lucifersam666

Bluelight Crew
Whattup BL fam,

It has been a while. I was just wondering what you all have experienced..

I have been using H again for a while now and trying to get off...again

I am wondering if anyone has gone a few days into w/d and then used a small amount, if that has been a significant setback or has helped ease the transition off.

Cheers,
LS

Whattup BL fam,

I am wondering if anyone has gone a few days into w/d and then used a small amount, if that has been a significant setback or has helped ease the transition off.

Cheers,
LS
In my experience you are only prolonging the withdrawal timeline ,if your intention is to stop just stick to your guns and don’t use .

I never tried to kid myself I knew I couldn’t stop using while on the streets the only way I got temporarily clean was in jail, the county’s the best detox I’ve ever been in

Whattup BL fam,

Cheers,
LS
What pinprick said. I used to let myself be sick for as long as I could stand, use a little for comfort, repeat. Unless you are lowering the dose every time, you certainly aren't helping much.

It's been answered I just want to clarify that it's not going to soften the blow, only delay it, it's not the same thing as a taper (which with heroin is nigh impossible anyways IMO).

Thanks y'all

Yeah I attempted to taper heroin about two weeks ago. Worked for the first 5 days, and then as you can imagine, failed. I am on day 3 of w/d and literally just copped minutes ago and now have relief. Prolonging the eniveitable.
I suppose Monday will be a new day and like you said, ima have to stick to my guns and ride it out.
I am getting back on suboxone so that should aid in some relief. Anyway....thanks again for the responses.

Much love,
LS

Whattup BL fam,

Cheers,
LS
Many here will swear differently but physical withdrawal from heroin is 72-hours cut and dry. If you reuse within that 72-hour window goodbye withdrawal, you have simply been late fixing. If you have gotten passed those 72-hours of course you will be deeply addicted psychological (if truly addicted) but your tolerance will be way down & therein lies a lethal danger. If so, be extremely cautious and if you are in a scene where Antagonists like Nalaxone (i.e. Narcan) are available get yourself afew. Good luck.

Lucifer! I'm glad to see you back dude. You're right! It has definitely been a while!

You're asking a pretty common question, although it's not often asked directly as a titled thread, which I find kind of interesting. We usually examine this sort of phenomena ion the context of other issues. It's defintiely a good question and I think that answering it could help both you and a lot of other folks in a similar situation. Kudos... but only mini Kudos. Yes, like the kind my mom used to put in my lunch when I was just a little kid, a junkie-in-waiting, if you will.

I don't want to get too off-topic here, but I think it's worth talking about the phenomenon of the "Kindling Effect". The nature of dependence and withdrawal is not an absolute, constant timeframe in which every instance of withdrawal is going to be the same length or severity. When we go through the cycle of dependence and withdrawal, each successive cycle enables us to pick up the dependency quicker, whilst also producing an increasingly more intense withdrawal.

I feel that it's worth noting, because these variables are all at play whenever you're going through withdrawal and use Opioids during the process. I think for folks who have been through the wringer a few times, using during withdrawal can indeed be a large setback. Is "massive" an appropriate adjective? Possibly. The word that I would use before "massive" would be "disproportionate".

I'm speaking partially from experience here and from the experience of others and from research as well. If you're withdrawing from typical, short-acting Opioids like Heroin, we are aware that the most extreme features of the withdrawal syndrome are going to be between the 72 hour and 96 hour mark, with some variability between these two. I would say, if you use Opioids one time in this time span, you can easily set the process back by 50%-75%.

Basically, if you're trying to get through the process, giving into temptation carries disproportionately weighted consequences.

Many here will swear differently but physical withdrawal from heroin is 72-hours cut and dry. If you reuse within that 72-hour window goodbye withdrawal, you have simply been late fixing. If you have gotten passed those 72-hours of course you will be deeply addicted psychological (if truly addicted) but your tolerance will be way down & therein lies a lethal danger. If so, be extremely cautious and if you are in a scene where Antagonists like Nalaxone (i.e. Narcan) are available get yourself afew. Good luck.

Sayeret? Are you Israeli or am I mistaking your handle for a language other than Hebrew? I hate to knock a fellow yid, but you're essentially refuting the experiences both of myself personally and many others here.

Are you actually a junkie? Even if your experience is somehow abnormal and you completely clear sickness by the absolute 72hr mark, you must at the very least have encountered other junkies and heard their experiences, which I'm sure are vividly different from what you're describing. I mean, in my experience, all we ever talk about when we're dependent is either shooting dope or talking about how sick we are. Attempts to discuss politics, religion or the nature of our universe will typically all devolve into discussion about either dope or dope sickness.

The "withdrawal is a 72 hour process" notion is the bane of our lives. We end up in jails and institutions where they expect us to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on day four of the process, ready to effect positive change in our lives. All I can say is, the process begins to resolve around the 72hr mark for most people. Your experience mentions nothing of the nature of Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) which further baffles me.

I'm not going to comment on the experience of my friends and fellows in my life and here on Bluelight, respectively. I'll just comment on my own. I feel like I was a pretty typical Heroin user for about a decade and this would be the typical progression of my syndrome:

0-96 hours

Severe Vomiting, Diarrhea, Yawning, Lacrimation, Bargaining with God for dope

96 hours - 1 Week

Intermediate withdrawal characterized by a lessening of symptoms but with still, nearly complete inability to think, sleep, eat. Bargaining with Satan for dope.

1 week to 1 month

I wake up on day 8 with the previous night being the first time in over a week that I've gotten more than, at most, 3 hours of sleep per night. I wake up with the distinct feeling that my thoughts, emotions and my physical functionality are improving. Ideas start flooding in that would've been meaningless in the weak previous. "Should I take a shower? Brush my teeth? Eat something? Tell my girlfriend I'm still alive?"

1 month -

This is when you are feeling 80%-90% better, but with lingering symptoms of heightened anxiety, depression and insomnia to name a few. However, when you make it this far, you begin to recover your soul and humanity (humanity meaning your connection to this dimension, reality, the people in it and your specific place in that world). You'll have higher level executive function and the strength gained from enduring the process up to this point empowers you to overcome the more mild, lingering symptoms still present.

I'd be curious to hear from others regarding their experience. I'm not going to say the "72 Hour" statement is outright fiction, as it's based in medical science and upon the patient "getting better", which makes sense, however, the syndrome is infinitely more complex than simply the vomiting ceasing. Their are phsyical, psychological and even spiritual elements to the entire process that are often overlooked by the medical establishment as just more complaints and begging from junkies.

Lucifer! I'm glad to see you back dude. You're right! It has definitely been a while!

You're asking a pretty common question, although it's not often asked directly as a titled thread, which I find kind of interesting. We usually examine this sort of phenomena ion the context of other issues. It's defintiely a good question and I think that answering it could help both you and a lot of other folks in a similar situation. Kudos... but only mini Kudos. Yes, like the kind my mom used to put in my lunch when I was just a little kid, a junkie-in-waiting, if you will.

I don't want to get too off-topic here, but I think it's worth talking about the phenomenon of the "Kindling Effect". The nature of dependence and withdrawal is not an absolute, constant timeframe in which every instance of withdrawal is going to be the same length or severity. When we go through the cycle of dependence and withdrawal, each successive cycle enables us to pick up the dependency quicker, whilst also producing an increasingly more intense withdrawal.

I feel that it's worth noting, because these variables are all at play whenever you're going through withdrawal and use Opioids during the process. I think for folks who have been through the wringer a few times, using during withdrawal can indeed be a large setback. Is "massive" an appropriate adjective? Possibly. The word that I would use before "massive" would be "disproportionate".

I'm speaking partially from experience here and from the experience of others and from research as well. If you're withdrawing from typical, short-acting Opioids like Heroin, we are aware that the most extreme features of the withdrawal syndrome are going to be between the 72 hour and 96 hour mark, with some variability between these two. I would say, if you use Opioids one time in this time span, you can easily set the process back by 50%-75%.

Basically, if you're trying to get through the process, giving into temptation carries disproportionately weighted consequences.
My dude! Long time, right? Haha
I did pretty good for a while, got a little over a year under my belt without using anything which ended somewhere around 10 months ago lol.

Since then, slowly dipped in and out of the cookie jar with H and ice. It was the most successful "weekends only" I've ever done, but lets be real, chipping never works (for me). I'd say I lost my control somewhere around 4 months ago. Somehow I have managed to keep my dosage lower than before.

But anyway.... I managed to get 3 days clean, used yesterday (1g - oops) and now today I start anew again. I have a lot going on in my life right now (good things) so I have more incentive than ever to hold it down. I'll update at the end of the week or somethin if it's worth noting. I suppose I made this thread out of desperation in hopes of finding an answer or something relatable to solely justify using🙃

I do have benzos and adderall, which will come in clutch this week. I hope to be feeling better by Saturday or Sunday but we will see lol... ima look up the Kindling Effect. Thanks mann

LS

0-96 hrs
Definitely bargaining with the dope gods lol.

Took off work yesterday (day 2)-much needed.

Ate kratom and xanax throughout the day and at night time took some sub. Laid in bed 80% of the day

Woke up this morning pretty sweaty still n shitty still.

On my way to work. Just popped an adderall. About to take 4mg sub.

Either way, late as fuck to work. Just an update to myself or anyone that gives a fuck. Glad I have some solid droogz to combat w/d

Cheers,
LS