• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is tramadol and MDMA relatively safe, or not?

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
Had 200mg about 13 hours ago, have done every day since Saturday but not as of late. Like obviously some people would give you a resounding no, but I'm interested in some trusted personal experience, expert testimony, you know, simple stuff like that; just clever reasoning tbf =D . So:

How bad is the MAOI?
What about the SNRI?

And please, nobody try griefing or lecturing me about MDMA! There is a reason I've been here so long, or at all. I know MDMA, not tramadol.

@G_Chem - hello =D

Oh and before anybody asks I'll be necking it (potentially) in a few hours and I'll sniff loads, naturally titrating as I'm doing bumps. A few hundred MG probably, 200-300... who knows, it could be an extra special night with the ladies.

Would intranaesol make a difference to MAOI (metabolism etc), or will it just drip down my throat? That's a very general question too. Do things "metabolyse" like how MDMA > MDA in the stomach, in the throat.

"The use of tramadol with serotonergic medicines can increase the risk of serotonin syndrome. To reduce the likelihood of these serious reactions occurring, prescribe the lowest effective doses of tramadol and avoid its use in patients with a history of seizure disorders."

I personally wouldnt risk it sounds dangerous

Don’t do it, dude. Bad combo. You never know how prone you are to serotonin syndrome until it happens. I’ve had serotonin syndrome and had to go to the ER. It can be potentially fatal

Not only serotonin syndrome but seizures as well.

Mixing tramadol with stimulants can cause what's known as "the cheese effect" and can lead to hypternsive crisis.
I recently mixed tramadol with meth & while I didn't have a seizure or serotonin syndrome, my bloodpressure was 144 over 112.
I assume it's the same if it's tramadol + MDMA.
it's not really worth it. I'd save the trams for when you're feeling like crap after the MDMA has worn off & left your system.

Are you asking about snorting tramadol? Tramadol is a drug you want to metabolize in the liver if you want genuine opioid effects.
Snorting them I think would just add more of it's SNRI-like effect & be even more potentially dangerous.
Are you on an MAOI? Cause I don't believe tramadol is one, so....

"The use of tramadol with serotonergic medicines can increase the risk of serotonin syndrome. To reduce the likelihood of these serious reactions occurring, prescribe the lowest effective doses of tramadol and avoid its use in patients with a history of seizure disorders."

I personally wouldnt risk it sounds dangerous

Yeah but:

prescribe the lowest effective doses of tramadol and avoid its use in patients with a history of seizure disorders.

And I have had it three days in a row.

So where's that line, realistically? Seems doctors mix them... with partial advice to boot!

Had a very small bump and was fine. But also have a big reveal caveat if we have some interesting discussion in here.

Anyone with first hand experience in here?

Are you asking about snorting tramadol?

No, I'm asking about how snorted drugs are metabolised, especially in comparison to oral, and if conversion can happen in the nose.

Got to say I've mixed tramadol with dexamphetamine, modafinil, both and been fine.

Never heard of the cheese effect. What was the hypternsive crysis expsrience like? Cheers.

I've been mix tram with crystal in the past.It seems potentiate the effect of crystal,but it's dangerous to do."Cheese effect" as i remember is a serotonine syndrom occuring when mixing MAOI with foods rich in tyramine(like cheese).It is at least hardly unpleasant in some cases even fatal.Snorted drugs are metabolized in liver,like every drug....even those consumed orally.Difference is that this ROA bypass first-pass metabolism,which occuring in intestines and this can high up bioavailability of certain types of drugs.In general-it's not smart mixin' trams with uppers.Tramadol is a drug,that have a lot of bad combos.My experience with this shit-three years of daily usage....withdrawls are really bad and are nothin' like opiate withdrawl....at least for me.

You could very well be fine as a lot of people have mixed drugs that absolutely should not be mixed and came out fine, but I wouldn't take the risk. I'd drop the tram for like a week before rolling. I quit Prozac and Amitryptaline before my first roll in August. The latter is mostly associated with a dampened roll, but there's still mild risk of SS. Half life is ~6 hours, so 5.5 half lives it would be out of your system. That's a pretty low half life, so by a week I'd say you'll probably be OK to roll. If anything, even if the mix was fine, you'd probably have a weaker roll.

If you're worried about tram withdrawal, maybe just use kratom for a bit. Not sure the exact reason you're on it. SS is awful shit though. I once took Cipro for a sinus infection while using Cymbalta and my GP didn't tell me it increases the plasma levels a shit ton. It was horrible, I think I had like a pseudo seizure. I could not stop shaking, I felt nauseous, I couldn't see straight. I was just absolutely freaked, had to miss work the next day because of how stressful it was.

Seizures are the main risk and it's a very real risk.

My first seizure was a tramadol overdose and I have had many more since. I was not prone to seizures at all until I had my first one.

Hmmm.
There use to be a section about the "cheese effect" in the Tramadol wikipedia but it seems to be removed.
It's basically the same concept as if you were to eat cheese or a food you're suppose to avoid while on an MAOI.
Usually leading to a hypterensive crisis. But instead this comes about by mixing trams with amphetamines.

I've actually had a handful of dangerously high BP "hypertensive crisis's.". It doesn't really "feel" like anything honestly, except for some sweating & anxiety.
Otherwise, had the nurse not checked my BP, I wouldn't have even known it was that high. So that's where a problem can lie, since you won't necessarily know how high your blood pressure is without checking it.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but out of harm reduction spirit, I can't say to go ahead & do it, only give you info about what can happen if you do.

Seizures are the main risk and it's a very real risk.

My first seizure was a tramadol overdose and I have had many more since. I was not prone to seizures at all until I had my first one.

I mean... I do have clonaz.

Mixing tramadol with stimulants can cause what's known as "the cheese effect" and can lead to hypternsive crisis.
I recently mixed tramadol with meth & while I didn't have a seizure or serotonin syndrome, my bloodpressure was 144 over 112.
it's not really worth it. I'd save the trams for when you're feeling like crap after the MDMA has worn off & left your system.

Are you asking about snorting tramadol? Tramadol is a drug you want to metabolize in the liver if you want genuine opioid effects.
Snorting them I think would just add more of it's SNRI-like effect & be even more potentially dangerous.
Tramadol probably kept your blood pressure low.
Usually people on meth have a BP of 160 over 100+

Don't take tramadol with MDMA.

I'm on gabapentin which isn't actually a true serotonergic drug, yet. Somehow with tramadol and gabapentin you can get serotonin syndrome.

Don't take tramadol with MDMA.

I'm on gabapentin which isn't actually a true serotonergic drug, yet. Somehow with tramadol and gabapentin you can get serotonin syndrome.

Could you elaborate please? Never heard of this, but mixed them a fair bit. Interested to understand.

I do find tramadol, gabapebtin and also phenibut (seperately) can give me a strange tremmor/vertigo thing which is related to being in a taper situation with either one of the three.

Glad I came across this thread! Youz think if I stop taking the tramadol after my morning dose I should be ok for nightime to take the Mandy?
Also are pregabas safe to take with tramadol?

Could you elaborate please? Never heard of this, but mixed them a fair bit. Interested to understand.

I do find tramadol, gabapebtin and also phenibut (seperately) can give me a strange tremmor/vertigo thing which is related to being in a taper situation with either one of the three.
Apparently gabapentin and tramadol can cause serotonin syndrome. Pregabalin and oxycodone have done the same thing.

Tramadol has been implicated in serotonin syndrome when used in concert with SSRIs and other serotonergic drugs.

Gabapentin causes an increase in serum serotonin. Tramadol apparently prevents the reuptake which is bad because serotonin's left floating around in your body and your brain.

So there's a risk that tramadol with MDMA could cause serotonin syndrome, because MDMA is a serotonergic drug.

Glad I came across this thread! Youz think if I stop taking the tramadol after my morning dose I should be ok for nightime to take the Mandy?
Also are pregabas safe to take with tramadol?
If you're prescribed pregabalin and tramadol I'd talk to my doctor. If you're not I wouldn't mix them.

I don't know how long the half life of tramadol is.

Apparently gabapentin and tramadol can cause serotonin syndrome. Pregabalin and oxycodone have done the same thing.

Tramadol has been implicated in serotonin syndrome when used in concert with SSRIs and other serotonergic drugs.

Gabapentin causes an increase in serum serotonin. Tramadol apparently prevents the reuptake which is bad because serotonin's left floating around in your body and your brain.

So there's a risk that tramadol with MDMA could cause serotonin syndrome, because MDMA is a serotonergic drug.

I am absolutely not aiming to undermine this warning about gaba + tram, because everyone reacts differently, and serotonin syndrome is no joke. I have had to take someone to ER simply from their reaction to a newly prescribed SSRI medication. However I think this is an interesting combination to discuss. Several times now during an MDMA drought and wanting to have a decent rave experience I have instead combined what are for me fairly moderate doses of tramadol (100mg) and pregabalin (300mg - 450mg over a long evening) and found them to have a happily empathetic and mdma-like result. I am now wondering if this is indeed because of the SSRI-type effect of the tramadol enhancing the serotonin-releasing high of the pregabalin...

BTW on perceived half-life, I find a single dose of tram or pregabalin (ie on their own) feels nice all day or approx 12 hours for me.