• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is this withdrawal?

sadmachine

Bluelighter
So about a month ago I went on a bit of a 3 week binge with oxycodone (opioid naïve beforehand). Started off with 20mg, ended with 50mg being the sweet spot. On my last day I tried 60mg and I felt absolutely uncomfortable. For the next 2-3 days I felt extremely tired all day, no energy, little bit constipated, forced myself to go to the gym and my heart rate was 30bpm+ higher than usual. Usually sleep with the air con on during winter, for the first time ever was rugging up and blasting the heater 24/7. But worst of all was I got this really bad lower back pain (I suspect from sitting on my ass for 3 weeks straight).

Decided to be more responsible and only use the rest sparingly, once a month or so. I took a month off and my tolerance had gone down to where 30mg was the sweet spot again, but after just one use I felt all the same symptoms the next day (the aching lower back, cold, constipated, tired and low energy). Felt like I had some kind of opi hangover. So is this it for me now? Are these withdrawal symptoms that I'll get after each use now and forever? No real love lost, was a pretty underwhelming buzz, will probably give it another few good months before I have a little dabble again. Just wanted to know if this really is withdrawal because when I mentioned it to the only other person I know who is into this kind of thing he laughed it off and said 3 weeks wasn't anywhere near long enough and that I'll know when it's withdrawals because of nausea and vomiting.

Constipation is an almost immediate effect of many opioids.
The only one that gave me constipation was Methadone.

apart from consty which is normal but also avoidable depending on the diet (in fact I get none) those are withdrawals symptoms, but it seems you don't mention deep mind/thought confusion and inability to sleep...soooo bad man, the good thing is that when the stuff goes into your body again after some time it feels soooo good.

Sounds like withdrawal except for the constipation. Withdrawal usually produces diarrhea.

I will get opi WDs in 3 or more days of moderate to heavy use.

Hi there. Sounds like withdrawals. I had my first withdrawals ever last night. I can tell you, that this was the most uncomfortable shit I've ever felt. Used 60 mg daily for about 2-3 weeks. My whole body felt like it was on fire, and I felt pain in all parts of my body. Also I was hit by intense anxiety and generally just very fast heart rate. Daym :(