• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is this withdrawal from both opioids and gabapenten simultaneously or what?

BenzoGAD

Greenlighter
Alright so on and off I have been taking Oxy and Hydrocodone in quantities of about 50-80mg per dose. Although I quit opiods and benzo's cold turkey 2 months ago, I went on an opioid and gaba binge this past week in which I was taking about 5000mg of Gabapentin a day (spread out by 30min intervals, beginning around afternoon and finishing last dose in the evening). I would then take anywhere from 50mg of Hydrocodone to 50mg of Hydro + another 30mg of Oxy (Instant release) on top of the 5000mg of Gabapentin. Well I decided enough was enough and went cold turkey 2 days ago. Since then, BY FAR my biggest and most troubling symptom is my inability to eat anything and pretty extreme pain in my stomach from being so empty. When I vomit, pure acid/bile (yellow/greenish colour) comes out and it tastes absolutely disgusting.

I didn't seem to notice any other aches or pains... I have generalized anxiety disorder (which is why I was addicted to benzos for 2 years) and in the last month or so I've learned to control it. Although I am a little anxious during this period, it is completely under control.

I have very vivid dreams and wake up absolutely drenched in sweat (although that could be because I blast the AC and fan on while cuddling tight in a blanket and could be my own body heat causing that). Today is day 3 of no opioid or gabapentin whatsoever.

Normally I can smoke some weed and at least get couple bites of food in (which I did last night, ate some pizza and my stomach felt normal after). However, since this morning not even weed is giving me even the slightest appetite. I am hungry. I am in pain (in my stomach). I am desperate.

Any ideas on how I can boost my appetite or soothe the pain in my stomach? I had some Gravol Ginger and it did seem to soothe my stomach a bit but effects only lasted about an hour or so.

Thanks in advance!

Gabapentin takes a long time to develop dependency and have withdrawals for imho.. That amount of oxy could cause all of this. If it is benzo wd slightly it'll pass quicker than the opiate wd (because you said you only returned to gaba abruptly and I find there is some rebound anxiety/off feelings when i go on benzo benders)

Altho 5000 is alot.. Someone else could answer this question better than i can.

Last edited:
Try some apple sauce or chicken broth with rice . Gatorade as well.