• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is this what the “magic” of MDMA is?

Kirin20

Greenlighter
I didn’t know how to phrase the title of this post because what I’m going to say feels a little abstract and I don’t know how to convey my feelings exactly.

I see the phrase the magic of MDMA experience thrown around a lot and I still don’t know what it means but to me this is how I’ve come to understand it?

I took MDMA a long time ago and recently I’ve been thinking about it a lot.

I experienced of course the most common things such as vision being ultra HD and the orgasmic happiness and conversations and love.

But the most profound thing was that, especially when I look at the experience in retrospect, it made me feel as though that’s how we are SUPPOSED to always feel like. The normal life we live is “veiled” or we are shrouded by something. Now I know this isn’t a strong psychedelic so I’m not referring to visuals like you get with DMT but rather how I felt and how I could see. Almost like I’ve ‘cheated’ my way into a realm that shouldn’t be available to us?

Colours appeared as though that’s how colours should always look… objects were super clear with sharp edges. I could just sit there and do nothing but still be so content with life and not have a worry in the world.

The other thing I thought about is how the drug works on the brain.. it releases all your serotonin right? So it’s not putting some new magic chemical in there that makes you feel this way… all the chemicals are there in your brain the MDMA just makes you release them.

I don’t know if I’m even articulating myself well enough here but that’s how I feel. I’m not spiritual but if I was this would lead me to believe that we are biologically capped and that this level of happiness and unlocked conscious would be available permanently in the afterlife.

I’d really like to venture into different psychedelics like shrooms as I’ve heard some great things. Not so keen on LSD right now.

Last edited:
Well I do believe your onto something. Times where really amazing product was all over I watched entire friend groups pop up overnight, friendships that lasted long after the drugs wore off. I notice people that use really good MDMA tend to embody the vibe day to day.

I also think MDA instills the positivity in our daily lives better than MDMA alone. MDMA/MDA combos most preferable.

I think it does something to our oxytocin system, possibly releasing oxytocin (and dopamine) in an environment that allows for oxytocin boosting behaviors to happen which turns into this positive cycle where boosting oxytocin makes us crave activities that further boost oxy/dopamine.

For me, Ive become practically addicted to gifting and giving compliments.. I feel I can connect with people on a level many can’t, but I also see neurologically I do these things for myself because when I get that downstream dopamine release can’t help but feel good for making someone’s day :)

-GC

My raving days are long gone but I remember them well. I was lucky to get free VIP tickets to a lot of shows just because of who I knew. I had friends in high places (who are dead now). No, it wasn't a sex thing but that's just what I'm about to get at. We were close friends but kept it as that only.

I had every opportunity to be a wild sex maniac at these parties (and after parties) and never took it further than dancing to my uncontrollable eye movements. My friend also didn't like these sex parties and he went as far as to tell them they are wrong for it (he was Mormon). I just wasn't interested in partaking because I didn't want to ruin the magic...and I never did. I can walk away from those experiences saying they were some of the wildiest and sexiest times of my life---all without sex. The right word here would be sensual. I explored my sensual side very well.

The only reason I have these days to explore this compound more would be for mental health reasons relating to ptsd. That's the kind of magic relief I need these days.

I've forgotten if it was Leo Zeff, Mr. or Mrs. Shulgin or maybe Rick Doblin who said MDMA brings you back to a state similar to when you were four years old. Open, present, trusting, all senses fresh (and not yet dulled by repetition). I think that was the reason MDMA was called Adam (in the late 70's - early 80's) after the first human.

Last edited:
I've forgotten if it was Leo Zeff, Mr. or Mrs. Shulgin or maybe Rick Doblin who said MDMA brings you back to a state similar to when you were four years old. Open, present, trusting, all senses fresh (and not yet dulled by repetition). I think thst was the reason it first was called Adam after the first human.
Exactly like this, very fresh senses. Like some kind of fog or load had been lifted off my shoulders that shouldn’t be there.

That was what I really noticed with MDMA. I wrote this up to describe the first time I took it:
The comeup was fantastic, one moment I thought I might be feeling something and the next I was feeling the best I had ever felt in my life. The baseline anxiety of my life vaporized and I realized how much of a weight it was on me. I was able to be completely open about some of my insecurities with people I didn't know very well or know at all. Backing up the lack of anxiety was what felt like maximum happiness, as if this was the extreme limit of the emotion only reached when every drop of serotonin in my brain was unleashed and directed to the task. I had taken mushrooms and LSD before but the uniqueness of this experience, the complete erasure of anxiety, fear and depression made this seem even more transformative than tripping had been.

bruh magic to me just means it's a great batch and it's been a minute since you rolled so it be hittin u guuuud.

all this wine snob esque discussion about mdma is cool but ultimately just becomes a friggin cult of people complaining "it ain't what it used to be" or talking up the new batches like "better than ever"

not really any different from any other junkies on this planet when you think about it lol

magic = dank = high quality clean stuff idk

going on about losing the magic just ensures people will feel like they will one day lose the magic, treat the drug disrespecfully and then ironically "lose the magic"

I don't think it's how ure supposed to feel like all the time. Good opiates cover that effect more than mdma. MDMA makes u feel safe to get over ur traumas.