• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is this site strictly harm reduction?

Clem Snide

Greenlighter
I posted asking for advice here, and one person replied and then a mod who shut the thread. They said, as I understood it, that this was a harm reduction page, and that I wasn't in line because I said I knew about cwe already and apaps effect on the liver and didn't want everyone to waste their time lecturing me when I'm already familiar.. Apparently the mod took that to mean that I scoffed at it or was somehow against it.

I asked about trying roxicodone for four months (before my doctor retires and I will most likely quit opiod s after that) because I have a tolerance built from years on hydrocodone. That is very mild compared to a lot of the threads here. One said they were going to try heroin, one talked extensively about shooting their suboxone and getting high off his lyrica. I haven't looked at a large percentages of the posts here, but from what I've seen, my post was one of the milder ones.

Are these forums strictly about harm reduction? If so why is there so much info that pretty much celebrate drugs? Why was my post unacceptable?

I am an addict who is not in recovery. I thought this was a forum where I could speak freely and not be judged, as I don't judge the other people here who are still using. I feel like I've done something wrong here, and that makes me feel a bit bad as I have no one in real life i can talk to about this stuff.

Can someone tell me what this forum is? And if it's just harm reduction, why is there a subforum dedicated to trip reports, which are basically saying what you can probably expect from a drug when YOU try it? And also many threads about potentiating drugs, which is at rock bottom telling people how to make their high higher?

Is this not the place for someone like me?

I am pretty confused right now and hope someone can help me understand this. Thanks for your time

Just keep posting man, you sound like a well-schooled young lad ;)

Harm reduction is the philosophy of the site, but it's not limited to strictly only talking about ways to reduce harm. Also, many things can be viewed as harm reduction, such as things like CWE when taking high doses of pills that contain apap like you mention. I'm not sure why the mod closed it down because I haven't seen the original post, but they usually leave a reason as to why they closed it. Maybe send them a message asking why if they didn't leave a reason.

Depending on the sub-forum you are in, drug talk in pretty common so long as it doesn't go into sourcing or drug id. This isn't really the sub for it so a mod will probably move or close it, but to answer your question about trying oxycodone for 4 months... very bad idea IMO. Oxycodone isn't much different than hydrocodone in terms of feeling. I actually prefer hydrocodone of the two. Oxycodone is a lot stronger though and will send tolerance even higher. Most my friends that did/do oxys don't bother with hydrocodone. If cutting back now to reduce tolerance is hard then doing oxys is only going to make it harder. It's a downhill path that you are heading down. You'll be setting yourself up to get dopesick or use more. Could have the same effect essentially by stopping completely for a month.

We have recovery support forums, such as this one, in which there are rules against posting triggering content about drugs. However, part of harm reduction is understanding that people are going to do drugs, and also that not everyone has problems with drugs. So in the focus forums in particular (Other Drugs, Psychedelic Drugs, etc), most of the conversation is about the effects of the drugs. And Bluelight is also about drug information and discussion.

If you're having problems with drugs, I recommend sticking around here, or Sober Living, as I'm sure you'll find them more your speed. :)

As Mafioso said, maybe ask the mod why he/she closed it. Or, report your post in the closed thread and ask and it will bring it to the attention of the mods. There may have been a reason, or else maybe it was a mistake, we're all just volunteers after all.

IMO, you should quit opiates while you're ahead. You said you'll "most likely" quit opiates after trying oxy for 4 months... in my experience, it's unlikely that will happen. Some people prefer hydro but I used to vastly prefer oxy, when you get into oxy you're getting into harder opiates and for me, it was much more addictive. I don't know how deep into opiates you've gotten, but you don't want a full-blown opiate addiction, trust me. If you have the time/inclination, I invite you to read something I wrote describing my 10-year opiate addiction: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/835049-Opiates-Retrospective-Description-of-the-Opiate-High

If you send me a link to the thread that got closed I will review it.

The Recovery forums are specifically for people who want to discontinue all drug use or a particular problematic drug. The focus forums are intended to allow people to share information about specific drugs--what they can expect as well as safe practices. Being a harm reduction forum assumes that most members are drug users and you are correct that our mission is to remain non-judgmental regardless of the way a person is using drugs--recreationally, for chronic pain, or compulsively (addiction/dependence). So if you send me the link to your closed thread I can check into it for you.

Thanks for all your responses.

I posted this here because the mod who closed my thread told me to come here.

I will have no choice but to quit, as my doctor is leaving and there is not another pain doc within a three hour drive. I just wanted a last hurrah kind of thing. I will never go on to heroin or anything like that because I live in an extremely rural area, and I am a shy older (47) year old woman who has limited mobility, and I have never purchased illicit drugs. I would not even have the first idea where to start, and also I am terrified of fentanyl.

Again, thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

Hi Clem. I'm a pain patient as well and read your other posts. I can't speak for the moderator who closed your thread but to me, the CWE part isn't an issue. It's the part where you mentioned getting the euphoria back and asked how much you would need to get you there. Also, "what increase from him would be good?" It would be your doctor's decision on how much to prescribe but I'm sure he will know when you talk about it.

It's questions like that we really can't answer because we can't say and have no way to know how much it would take to make you to feel good. In BDD, we like questions that we can answer with a degree of accuracy. Everyone is different and has their own preferences. You get no euphoria from taking ten hydrocodone but I bet lots of people would. Myself, I still feel good effects from taking a 10 mg Percocet. folks are going to laugh reading that, go ahead :D

You get what I'm trying to say right? I'll give you my opinion. Going by that formula mentioned, 15 mg hydro would be a rough equivalent to 10 mg oxycodone. That would be something for you and the doctor to consider if you were to get back on oxycodone. I think that would be better for you as opposed to hydrocodone. My suggestion is for you to stick to as-prescribed and be careful not to exceed or take what you don't really need.

I do have a couple questions from reading your other threads. Is your current physician in pain management or regular GP? Is he giving you any suggestions as to how you will continue your care after he retires? Is there not going to be someone in his place when he's gone? Given that you have a condition that warrants medication permanently, there should be a plan in place.

If oxycodone worked for you before, I see no reason why you can't go on it again. Just know that there comes a time where tolerance gets to a certain level and you don't feel so euphoric any more. My worry is that you would start chasing an unattainable high.

Mods, if you want to move this over to BDD, I can merge with the other thread to re-open. Thanks!

I am the mod that closed your thread. I'm sorry you see it that way, i meant no disrespect. I left a lengthy message on your post explaining why i closed the thread.