• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is this Opiate or Benzo withdrawal??

Calipo

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

I would like to ask your advice on a particular situation I am in. I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong category.

As of about 4 days ago, I started to feel very zoned out and spaced out in my mind as if everything happening around me wasn't really happening. I have also started to feel very fatigued and weak, on and off nausea and mild trouble breathing from time to time as well as feeling very irritable, anxious and depressed. I feel like there is something definitely wrong and I have been trying to figure out what it could be and I wanted to know if it may be withdrawals from drugs I have been using and stopped using recently.

-I recently went through a box of 70 x 5mg Valium in about 2 weeks. Also some Xanax bars, around 5 and a few Klonopin.
-For the past year I have done Codeine strictly once a week recreationally at around 500-600mgs in a night. I would only ever do this once a week and stopped around about 2 weeks ago.
-After I stopped the Codeine I had a 4 day binge on oxy doing around 40mg a day.

I haven't had any of the above drugs for around a week now.

Could this be withdrawals to any of the above?

Thanks!

Yes, I would say definitely you are experiencing some discontinuation symptoms. It could be either or both causing this but it's hard to say which. You used both of these drugs simultaneously right?

The symptoms all pretty much fit, but they sound somewhat extreme for the level of use you describe. Do you have any history of anxiety/depression disorders which could be triggered or worsened? If you have underlying anxiety then even a mild benzo withdrawal could kick it into another gear.

Sounds like rebound anxiety due to stopping the benzo's for me opiate wd symptoms are usually the mostly ceased after a week

Polydrug Withdrawal can be it's own particular brand of hell but seeing as it has been a week now you should be on the down slope with some possible residual late stage benzo W/D to finish up. The worst should be gone though by now.

I would day that you're in the first stage of PAWS (Post acute withdrawal syndrome)..

IMO PAWS are more uncomfortable and difficult than Physical withdrawal.

Physical withdrawal can be aided... tapering off your DoC.
Using Buprenorphine for opiate WD... and Valium or Klonopin for benzo WD make physical withdrawal almost unoticable.

But PAWS can't be cured.. you just got to fight it.. it takes 6 months, 2 years, 10 years, or even a lifetime in some people. Fuck PAWS.

I'm guessing that youre experiencing WD from the diazepam/clonazepam. They both have very long half-lives, so WD can be very drawn out. Like someone else said, any pre-existing anxiety issues could be worsened by even mild benzo WD.

I think you're far enough away from the opioids for them to not be the culprit if it just started a few days ago, although it's possible that some minor opioid WD symptoms are making the benzo WD worse.

I'm almost 10000% sure it's the Valium clearly the longest half life drug you took and the most amount of a drug you took for the longest time none stop there's your answrr

I guess it is because of the withdrawal symptoms, I have seen one of my friends who has been in this similar situation. He was addicted to opiate and was taken to an addiction treatment centre in his locality (Toronto).
The withdrawal symptoms, as well as the complete recovery, will be different for different people. So fight for the fast recovery.

It's most likely withdrawal. That's just my opinion, but it sounds like a textbook case.