• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is this normal?

lauren12k

Bluelighter
On friday night I took 2 ecstasy pills, roughly 125mg each so 250mg in total. I took the first one at 8, didn't feel much so at 10 I popped the second one. At 11 I was rolling hard. (also I was smoking a bit of weed and drinking a small bit of alcohol during the night).

I went to sleep around 3 or 4 in the morning, woke up at 9 saturday morning and felt really happy and refreshed. Still had a slight buzz from the night before. On sunday I woke up and my head was really sore, my neck hurt and my throat was sore. I couldn't swallow or eat at all. I felt really depressed, I spent the whole day in my room crying.

That sounds like a comedown to me but is it normal for it to happen 2 days after? Also today (monday) and sunday I have been having this weird feeling like kind of a 'brain shiver' or something. It's hard to describe but it's odd. Is this normal?

Im sure this has happened to someone before.

Crazy story though.

I have to disagree, it's not "normal". The brain shiver, or brain zap, is a sure sign you over did it.

Didn't I predict this happening a few weeks back?

Last edited:
Roy is right. Brain zaps or brain shivers may be normal for people who regularly overdo it, but it is a sign that you did a bit too much. It is one of the main symptoms of overdoing MDMA. Having said that, you have absolutely nothing to worry about as long as you listen to your body and learn from the experience.

People on this board are very quick to downplay the significance of MDMA side effects sometimes. I agree that OP has nothing to worry about in this situation, but to encourage the OP to ignore what her body is clearly trying to tell her without any justification is flat out STUPID. Come on guys, can we at least PRETEND this is a harm reduction board? lol

You can continue to pretend if you wish but that's not really helpful is it.

Maybe I just stated the bleeding obvious?

Nah, I've always treated this board like a harm reduction board, because, well... It is? Don't my posts make that pretty "bleeding obvious"? I'm asking OP to listen to her body. I didn't ask her to pour the rest of her MDMA down the sink and live a life of abstinence either, I simply stated that, contrary to the rest of the advice given, brain zaps shouldn't just be ignored. Pretty standard, common sense HR advice. Wouldn't you agree? Nvm, forget I asked haha.

I'm asking people like YOU to (at the very least) pretend this is a harm reduction board

Last edited:
View Profile > View Started threads.

Oh hey lauren again, yeah sounds like your normal typical comedown to me.

Hint: Go back and check all your started threads.. ;)

Depends on what you mean by "normal." It's not normal for me, but then I never take 250mg MDMA in a night.

LOTS of people have comedowns all the time, but depending on how health-conscious you are you might want to stick to a lower dose.

I've never spent all day crying in a room or had brain shivers, they sound like extreme ecstasy hangover symptoms to me
It's important to eat though, so try to eat foods that don't require a lot of chewing or none at all such as protein+milk+fruit. good luck :)

I usually get my comedown two days after taking pills... sometimes even 3 days just depends on how much fun you had!

it's so cute to see someone worried over taking 2pills..

yes, it's NORMAL to have depression. take 5-htps (over the counter, walgreens) which helps with anxiety and depression.
it's absolutely normal that you feel the depression after 2-3days, NOT the next day you take it.
next day you're actually still kinda high. the tough days starts after that, and will last up to few weeks until your mood is stabilized again depending on how much you take & how often you do it.
and if you've taken pills, not mollies, pills are cut with bunch of possible other craps, so you'll experience all sort of different side effects depending on where your pills came from. E is HARD shit..your downtime can be long..but in time you will just be fine, trust me.

Were you literally crying?

I feel you. This happens sometimes. I find it really hits hard about three or four days after a binge. I'll just tear up thinking about goofy stuff, like Watermelons covered in Mustard. Silly.

I have to disagree, it's not "normal". The brain shiver, or brain zap, is a sure sign you over did it.

also if you had such bad comedown (brain zaps, crying in your bedroom all day long) wait a very long while after taking MDMA again (I'd say 1-2 months at the very least )

This is normal, for someone who has been abusing the drug or for those who have a predisposition to the negative effects of MDMA..

In all my ABuse of the drug, even when I was dosing weekly, I've never had a Brain Zap. I'd say that's a sign of a rather significant re-wiring of the brain; sometimes good, sometimes bad.

I don't think I was abusing the drug. Before this the last time I took it was in August and it was 125mg dose.

I don't think I was abusing the drug. Before this the last time I took it was in August and it was 125mg dose.

The 1-3 month rule does not apply to everyone and rules about dosage do not apply to everyone. What constitutes abuse for one person, may not for another. 250mg may be a very large dose for you if you are a young, slim female, for example. Even more so if you are one of the few that do not handle MDMA that well.

MDMA is a serious drug which affects everyone differently. It is important that you learn what your own limits are and not to simply conform to rules which apply to MOST people. There are people who have experienced negative effects from a single dose and others who emerge from days of abusing without detectable effects.

You should be happy that you discovered your own limits, that line separating use and abuse for you, without stepping way over the line and experiencing more negative effects. This is very useful information. Be grateful that you will emerge unscathed and use the experience as a learning tool.

mdma lowers ur immune system which makes your vulnerable to sore throat etc

boosting your immunity the days leading up to your roll by taking echinacea and olive leaf extract and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, will have a large impact on shitty side effects the following days

*Edit*

On topic, OP although i never got brain shivers i have got other symptoms. I would recommend a good 3 month break minimum from now.

Last edited by a moderator: