• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is This Normal For Chronic Nitrous Use? (Very Concerned)

The "in under 6 hours" kind of invalidates it, I think. I'm pretty sure he means one full balloon after another, after another, after another, quickly, with no down time in between (meaning no more filling up balloons either, just inhaling more right away). I mean, the drug fades off so fast, you would need to do it very quickly if you actually wanted to overdose on it.

^^^^

Any suggestions about how to get more oxygen when using balloons?

Just take a few breaths I guess?

Actually, I'm about to do a few balloons in a few minutes and I only just used balloons with a cracker and charger I bought for the first time the other day and for some reason it's not getting me as high as using whip cream cannisters or the dentist which are the only two ways I ever did it.

Do you know why the whip cream cans might be getting me more high than the balloons?

Do you think I'm doing something wrong?

I noticed that it Does seem to matter what my technique is, because the times I got the biggest buzz I kept breathing back into the balloon steadily blowing it back up and inhaling more, but not taking any breaths.

However, that's probably not great cause it's probably killing brain cells.

Any idea why it might not be getting me as high as whip cream cans?

If you want to get more oxygen you can not fill your lungs up completely with nos and take a little breath of oxygen at the end of your hit, also just waiting longer in between hits.

Whip cream dispensers get me way higher and I've been at the point where baloons just aren't even worth it for a long time (baloons with a twist cracker). Having to attatch a baloon to a cracker then unatatch it without freezing your hands while high, in between hits, kills the experience completely. Also there's just something about squeezing a trigger to release pressurized gas vs. sucking out of a big baloon that makes it way better (;.

I would never blow in and out of a baloon though to try to get more high, sounds like thats really depleting you of oxygen - especially when you can just exhale earlier and take another hit...

Most people seem to use nitrous to get high off individual hits, but with a half life of what seems to be 3-5 minutes, you can also "build" a long lasting nitrous high by using up to 5 boxes (120) before the high really starts to go dissapate (for me). Usually the high peaks for me after about 2 boxes, and with $ concerns, 2-3 seems to be ideal. If you can envision the bell shaped curve of the half-life, although 90% of the high might be gone after 3 minutes, you are still stacking tail-end after tail-end of the curve from each hit and you can build a pretty consistent high over a 2-3 hour period.

This is why I'm trying to find out how bad this really is, if i'm taking in enough vitamins and sleep, and only doing it for maybe 15 days / month on average.

Last edited:
^^^^^

So you mean you just do one balloon after another repeatedly?

How long does it take for you to do 120 charges/5 boxes?

That doesn't seem healthy and could be the reason you are feeling the way you are but I can see why it would be fun.

By the way, how is your head feeling?

Any more hallucinations?

Be careful, nitrous can lead to real lasting permanent damage.

After I read this account the other day I realized this stuff can mess you up if you aren't careful.

You might want to read this:

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=88357

Yes, rather than looking to get high from intermittent hits here and there, I actually try to take hits as consecutively as possible, so as to build a steady high. I would say about a minute in between hits, cig break here and there, about 3 -4 hours to go through 5 boxes. Interestingly enough, when doing this, the high seems to come in waves, in that I won't be feeling that high for a while, then out of no where, it's like my tolerance drops and I become extremely euphoric. If I really push it and start doing monster hits and / or not taking as much time in between, thats when wierd shit starts happening, like there's a threshold into another dimension. Even though I can keep telling myself I'm just tripping and that nos will not severely harm me, it's impossible to have a good trip when you're hallucinating things like you're having a brain hemmorage or that aliens have hacked your brain.

Thank you for the link. I can relate to a lot of what he had to say, especially the part about things appearing so real that I would swear I have broken into another reality (not just figments of my imagination, but actually being in contact with beings from another dimension)

Although I have never done nos on acid, I have done nos after consuming large amounts of amphetamines and not sleeping much, and I started seeing holograms of things around me. Once I hallucinated a full fledged police / swat team scene in front of me and police officers coming up to me and telling me to stay in my car, and another time I hallucinated extremely realistic hollograms of jay z and kanye west rapping next to me while sitting in my car and blasting their music, and actually felt them physically touching me. It appeared so real, and I felt so cognitively present, that witnessing these things felt basically equally extroidinary compared to seeing them sober, much like how anyone woulld be effected if they felt they were in the presence of / witnessing a miracle (just like how the report on erowid explained how he felt like he was "the chosen one".)

These instances seem to be fabricated by my imagination of this world, but they can give you a sense of the extreme nature of hallucinations I've experienced. On the other hand, I've also hallucinated extremely bizar alien like creatures that seemed to be there to try to scare me and break my will (as in they are trying to convince me that they have hacked my brain and I should believe they are controlling me). The best example of this is when I've felt things brushing around in my ear, then I try to convince myself that I'm just imagining it, but then I feel it plain as day crawl up inside my head and around the inside of my skull all while being fully cognitive and well after even the most intense part of the trip is over (maybe up to 15 seconds total)

I would say my head is feeling fine, but as someone has already mentioned here, it's my emotional stability that has suffered the most. I've found that nos is just like many other drugs, where the high grows on you and you "learn to love" the high the more you do it. In my honeymoon phase with nos (before I started getting concerned & getting bad vibes about excessive use and spending), I felt like I had discovered the best possible drug on earth, because the ratio of the high to negative consequences (health, w/d symptoms, ability to use then do something productive or meet with family later on) was seeimingly unmatched. Now I see myself rationalizing more and more, and looking for opportunities to use much more often, that I'm beginning to feel somewhat consumed by it, and when you start having hallucinations that you're under mind control, it definately brings a much "darker" vibe to the whole thing and my emotional state both while using and in between.