• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is this mold??

ksralyv2mch

Bluelighter
gbUliDp.jpg

Ok I bought this weed from a caregiver, she said it is Tangerine Queen (can't find it on Leafly but I assume it is someone's attempt at cross breeding Space Queen and Tangerine Dream) I went through my nugs and this last one I was saving and I looked at it closely and there is white on it? is it mold?! what would be the complications of smoking mold? help?

if the image doesn't work here is the link:

http://imgur.com/gbUliDp

THANK YOU AND PLEASE

Looks like mold to me... I wouldn't recommend smoking the bits with mold on it! You can try picking bits of it without mold to smoke. Or crumble it up and make an edible out of it!

I wouldn't recommend smoking the bits with mold on it! You can try picking bits of it without mold to smoke.

Weed is extremely porous. It's breathable. If there's enough mold present that you can see it on the outside, then there's enough mold present to microscopically contaminate the entire specimen. Classic case of just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

looks like it to me. The trichromes looks old/yellowed as well.

I agree with jibult, if its visible then unfortunately the entire bud is likely covered whether visible or not. I don't think white mold is as bad as black mold, and I have picked around black mold that was infesting a quarter lb. Wasn't the most enjoyable smoke ever but being that I was out of town and didn't have other options it did the trick.