• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is this meth? Swim stumbled upon the most random thing....

theguy420

Bluelighter
Hey out there
Well swim has had years of experience with psychoactive drugs MJ of course, cocaine, had years of opiate addiction, had mushrooms, several pharmaceuticals over the years. Anyway swim was not one for stimulants, coke at parties was just usually a couple small lines and weed the rest of the night, never did Swim feel the need to “do more” and Swim had hard, pearlescent-type, very numbing cocaine. About all my experience with stimulants, for example Swim has had 60 mg of Adderall that’s lasted about 1 and 1/2 years and haven’t even broke the second pill.
Anyways cut to today, aside from the daily weed dab, e-nail and the prescriptions Swim has not really had much worry with meth, til it found swim. Now Swims have had friends and who sold it, knew people who tried it. But SwiM figured a 12hr stimulant wasn’t cool. Then like Swim said as Swim was going through his fathers bathroom looking for a stash of cigarettes, Swim opened a sunglasses case to find a wrapped plastic bag of crystal like substance In the same case we many of swims fathers medications. Now since swims father has had cancer for a couple years Swim at first thought, “crystals....ah those are probably healing crystals, maybe one of his friends gave it to him” but as soon as Swim saw a small little grain on his finger Swim licked it without thinking he will taste anything other than salt. Instead Swim was hit with this bitter, odorless, plastic weight to the crystals, a plastic sound when the bigger crystals are dropped on a hard surface, it feels less dense and lighter than a normal crystal from gift shops of proportionate size , also easily breaks up, there was enough for swim to weigh out just a fraction which weighed a gram, he was very curious, looked on Erowid, blue light, and found foil/crystallize test, so as Swim went to melt and watch, right then swim had inhaled unintentionally a little vapor during the melt and slide test, then felt something in the lungs, like a panic attack onset yet no panic attack, and definite stimulant like properties, especially for my small tolerance. After Swim tested on foil and found the crystals easily melt to a clear oil like liquid, if cooled down the invisible liquid has crystallized back to long shard looking types. Swim had to be certain as his father was never one for meth. They have an extremely close relationship and can usually share everything, they rip jays, make edibles for each other. Swim was not expecting this at all. What possible use could this be for other than recreational. Swim has heard of its aphrodisiac properties, swim noticed his father at times has more energy than he does. Swim thought maybe it was MSM, as Swim understood it to help certain medical issues and maybe the brain played a placebo effect it was the assumption of meth as my mind has played tricks. Swim understands buying reagent is the best way or even having it tested but is it his business? He’s great, created his own company that ran for decades, he is my idol. Swims father was supposed to long gone as doctor gave his father six months at most toward ending of 2017. Well swims father is still here thanks to his amazing Medical team. Could this be a recreational thing, maybe once in awhile. Also swim currently has an aunt who’s boyfriend drinks very heavily and has been in hospital for about a month, he had to quit drinking, and his nephew is a tweaked. Swim was thinking it could be a holding for a family member. Just a lot of questions than answers, Swim is about 80%sure it is crystal. Sorry, it’s swims first post and hope it has clarified everything.

Last edited:
@theguy420 sounds like meth. I'd just ask him straight tbh mate, you said you're close right?

Also the mods here will tell you off for using swim. We all know you're talking about yourself and iirc it doesnt protect you in any way at all.

I wouldn’t ask my father. I’d spend $20 on a DIY reagent test first. Then I’d ask my father, knowing for certain if he lied about what it was.

If he said it was not his I’d then test some of his hair if he had any.

After that I’d tell him what I knew of meth dangers and closely monitor his behaviour for signs he was losing the plot / my inheritance.

But besides all that I’d let him be.

@theguy420 sounds like meth. I'd just ask him straight tbh mate, you said you're close right?

Also the mods here will tell you off for using swim. We all know you're talking about yourself and iirc it doesnt protect you in any way at all.
Okay yeah it has been awhile since I posted so I know Swim was the thing so I appreciate the heads up. We are close but not close enough to ask hit straight “dad I found this and when I was fumbling around I got a tiny lung rush” it would cause more questions then answers. I guess I know what it is then. I’m not really down for it, I’ll hold it as I tried putting it back but attempts have failed to “stumble” upon it again. Thanks for the info.

I wouldn’t ask my father. I’d spend $20 on a DIY reagent test first. Then I’d ask my father, knowing for certain if he lied about what it was.

If he said it was not his I’d then test some of his hair if he had any.

After that I’d tell him what I knew of meth dangers and closely monitor his behaviour for signs he was losing the plot / my inheritance.

But besides all that I’d let him be.
It was ironic the night after I found it him and I were chillin watching TV and Hamilton’s pharmacopeia was on and of all things about meth. No doubt he knows the dangers and I see energy but nothing obvious. Also as he has cancer in remission he is very cautious altho cigarettes still don’t help. I was just curious as to why he had it more than anything...aphrodisiac purpose, holding it... I know he has buddies and I’ve smoked bud with them (California) but never tweaker types. And I will let it be for now. Sounds like I will buy a test to be positive. I appreciate your response as well.

Okay guys, it has been verified. It’s meth. I bought a 5 way testing kit. First of all it’s for sure crystal, second it’s one of the purest crystal (as my dad has always chosen quality over quantity even with bud) and third of all. I went back to try to put back the rest of the shit I took and I found nothing except a meth pipe now. So I think it is official and I’m pretty worried as to why he would suddenly have this. Could it be part of the cancer enticing him to dabble in new things. As he never noticed a gram missing from his 1/4 (I assume) he doesn’t know I know but that makes it even more weird. Now I know how he felt when I was addicted to oxy. Now he isn’t addicted to the point that it interrupts his life, as he sleeps regularly and eats, I just see extra energy every now and then. And from what I saw on the pipe. It looks like he doesn’t really know how to hit in. It smelled terrible and was burned with resin pretty bad. Now I am really confused......and somewhat worried.