• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is this klonopin withdraw serious

itsme123

Greenlighter
So I took about 2mg klonopin and then three days later took another 2.
After 6 days I had maybe 3mg. its been three days since my last dose and I really don't think I
have to worry about extreme physical withdraw symptoms, but I've been sleepy all day, having a tad more anxiety than usual, and have slight trouble sleeping at night. Basically I'm asking if you think I'm likely to have a seizure. Thanks in advance. p.s I have social anxiety

I wouldn't worry about it. Withdrawl occurs after months / years of use then tapering down or stopping. You're just experiencing the come-down. Sleep it off, you'll be fine in a day or two. Also, welcome to BL!

withdrawal differs from rebound anxiety
im pretty sure you are exp rebound anxiety
that's the very reason why people keep taking more and more benzos on a daily basis to get rid of the rebound anxiety
in most cases if you take a benzo daily the anxiety comes back stronger but the rebound anxiety doesnt last long
it becomes a vicious endless loop you eventually get stuck in if you continue to use benzos on a daily basis

give yourself a few days in between doses or even weeks its less likely to encounter any serious issues that way

You should be fine. ^^rebound anxiety, general crappy feeling. I wouldn't worry about it. To be on safe side, avoid stimulants. If you are concerned, see a doctor, but unlikely. Welcome.

try taking a strong anti histamine i prefer hydroxzine or promethazine, but you can use benadryl, zyrtec that are otc
should calm down that rebound anxiety

thank you loads everyone. I feel better already. I think I was psyching myself out a lot.

In my experience with Klonopin, which i am now back on again but i did get off of it for about 6 months. The detox i would have to say was ten times worse than opiate detox. I was shaking all over the place and felt horrible for around 16 days. I was in a medical setting so they made sure i was taking medicine that lowered my blood pressure called propranolol which actually really worked for the majority of the w/d symptoms from the benzos. However your situation does not seem that bad so i would have to believe over a few more days, things should be back to normal. If you do want to deal with your social anxiety with out using benzos the propranolol really works well.

thank you loads everyone. I feel better already. I think I was psyching myself out a lot.
think a lot of us who suffer from anxiety etc do that a lot
believe me when i say youll know when youre enduring WD imagine what you felt but 100x worse
benzos are to be used as needed meaning in case shit happens theyre not for everyday use
if you feel you need something everyday try a ssri, snri beta blockers etc plenty of good shit out there to help and the good thing is they wont make you jump through hoops to get something like that unlike benzos

im sorry I just have to ask. lets say I took 2mg and on the third day after I took 3mg and on the seventh day I took 2mg and on the second day I took 2mg... would that warrant fear of bad withdrawl? is a gap of a week sufficient to prevent extreme dependence?
thank thank you

im sorry I just have to ask. lets say I took 2mg and on the third day after I took 3mg and on the seventh day I took 2mg and on the second day I took 2mg... would that warrant fear of bad withdrawl? is a gap of a week sufficient to prevent extreme dependence?
thank thank you
Anytime you give yourself a break it helps a lot but again the longer you go to recover the less likely to run into any major issues
I truly don't recommend daily doses because it can be as little as a month before you'll really exp WD