PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is this a San Pedro cactus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jozza

Bluelighter
A friend and I noticed for the first time a cactus growing in his mum's backyard which might be a san pedro, but we're not sure

P2140249.jpg

P2140250.jpg

P2140251.jpg

P2140254.jpg

P2140257.jpg

P2140258.jpg

why'd you cut it down then ask us what it was? =(.. but it does look exactly like other san pedro cuttings i've seen before, although there are probably loads of cacti that look very similar to san pedro.

Don't think so. This looks like one of the many varieties of cactus found in lowland deasert areas in Arizona, southern Cali, etc. Odds are if you have these guys you have San Pedro growing somwhere in your neighborhood. Look at a few pics online. You will notice shorter, fatter blades. The best plants are dark, greenish-blue in color.

Happy hunting.

if it was a san pedro, cutting it down like that would not be the rite thing to? im not versed fully in the practice, but dont u have to slowly starve the plant off forit to produce the good stuff u want?

it already produces mescaline but putting it under more stress will cause it to produce more.. as for cutting it down, i was just saying its a bit wasteful to chop it down before you are even sure its san pedro

Thats a cruel waste of a fine cactus! Dont go chopping wild peyote since that takes 20+years to forum unless you intend to replace it with many more(legally). San Pedro & Peruvian torch can be ordered online to a location near you if legality allows.

^Huh, thats not wild peyote, though it does resemble San Pedro. Can't be certain...

Waste of a cactus? They didn't waste shit. Give it a couple weeks to scab over and stick it back in the ground. It will start new growth a few weeks after that. Stop and think before you start bitching.

As for what to do when you find a San Pedro, harvest a couple arms but leave most of the plant intact if you can. It will keep for about two weeks before it either needs to be eaten or planted.

no thats not San Pedro, sorry

This is San Pedro:
trichocereus_pachanoi4.jpg

cacti_preparation5_7.jpg

Whats funny is that when I first started trying to find some pedro I found the same cactus you did and even ate a bunch of it, LOL. Luckily it wasn't poisonous. It wasn't bitter at all either.

yeah definitely too skinny and the valleys between the ridges are too deep.

Don't go destroying your friend's parents garden just to get high especially if you don't really have any idea first.

I would be really pissed if some little shit punks cut down a cactus of that size from my yard. You have no idea wether or not that is a slow growing cactus. It could very well have taken many years to get that size.

Waste of a cactus? They didn't waste shit. Give it a couple weeks to scab over and stick it back in the ground. It will start new growth a few weeks after that. Stop and think before you start bitching.

As for what to do when you find a San Pedro, harvest a couple arms but leave most of the plant intact if you can. It will keep for about two weeks before it either needs to be eaten or planted.

It may grow new roots and become a new cactus, but he murdered the old one. That's why people are upset.

Lol man people really hate cactus killers....

But some can grow back so not all is lost.

And to stomp iso... How can you mow grass in the desert :)

And to whoever said that was 20 year old peyote. Are you trippin on peyote right now because peyote is the most easily identifiable cactus there is. It dont look a damn thing like the rest.

no thats not San Pedro, sorry

This is San Pedro:
trichocereus_pachanoi4.jpg

cacti_preparation5_7.jpg

Whats funny is that when I first started trying to find some pedro I found the same cactus you did and even ate a bunch of it, LOL. Luckily it wasn't poisonous. It wasn't bitter at all either.

But did you trip from it? like did you try and turn it into the powder and trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.