View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is this a safe nitrous technique?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
So I have quite a large cracker, it can fit 4 or 5 chargers in it at once.

I'm basically wondering how long it takes for the body to re-oxygenize after a lung full of nitrous. I've found that I can spend much more time in the experience it provides for me on LSD+MDMA if have my cracker loaded with 4 or 5 chargers and I take small, short-held breaths of the nitrous with 2 or 3 deep breaths of oxygen in between. This way I can keep taking these small hits allow the experience to last waaaaaaayy longer than if I just did a single massive lung full. With this many chargers in the cracker I can take nearly 10 medium hits of nitrous. This way I've actually been able to get a more complete and less fleeting experience and return to reality with a lot more "information".

I was wondering if this is safe, since it seems similar to what they do at the dentist where you're getting a more constant flow of both oxygen and nitrous, but of course its not nearly as controlled and I cannot create a truly consistent ratio of nitrous to oxygen. I don't hold the nitrous very long either, probably about as long as I would a hit from a bong. Sort of "sipping" on the nitrous.

Once a year I find myself in a beautiful forest rave and quite enjoy indulging in nitrous over a couple days. Nothing absurd, but I went through ~125 chargers this past weekend. just want to be as safe as possible.

I have passed out and fell from my chair doing long nitrous breathhold also collapsed a lung another time from trying such things like taking huge hits doing what is known in the diving world as "packing"

I would say your danger is passing out but if you are lying down r in a safe chair it should be ok

The most important factor to consider is getting oxygen in between nitrous hits...I try to teach newbies to nitrous that it's best to take a deep breath of air in between nitrous hits and I find with this technique you still get to nitrous land with 2-4 8oz or 1-2 16oz canisters and are still getting adequate air to oxygenate your brain.
The other important issue to consider is that No2 rapidly depletes vitamin b12 from the body at an astonishing rate zo you might want to think about taking a supplement after you do nitrous.

A problem is not just getting too little oxygen but your body being fooled into thinking that it does have enough and potentially mismanaging it (not gasping for air sooner etc). Not sure if it is nitrous doing this in its own way, but I think the reason may be that we might detect lack of oxygen actually by elevated carbon dioxide? Anyway sometimes people do go a bit hypoxic from recreational nitrous for those reasons..

I'm not really sure if the oxygen you take in between is enough, but of course it is best to take enough proper deep breaths of oxygen/air in between - a bit hard to discuss how much is enough exactly. Just pay attention to it, don't neglect it and obviously avoid situations where you might pass out without automatically getting back access to oxygen.

it's best to take a deep breath of air in between nitrous hits
I stumbled on this by accident: hold n2o then exhale fast. Inhale a lungful of air, fast, and hold it like you held the n2o. For me the n2o effect continues as if holding a deep lungful of air is pushing the n2o button somehow. Is this what you mean? I had never considered taking another bulb on the next breath, shit's intense enough without doing that.