• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

is there something wrong with my vaporizer?

Ben79

Greenlighter
I will own 5-MEO-DMT in a couple of weeks, so I made an homemade vaporizer:
Ds2WUyH.png

Here I tried it with 3-MEO-PCP:
*no videos of people using drugs, getting high, tripping, etc. - read the rules*

My concern is that it might be too hot and will burn(too much) the 5-MEO-DMT.

P.S: in what temperature does 5-MEO-DMT burn and lose from it value?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have scales to accurately measure 5-MeO-DMT doses?

I'm not really sure at what "ambient" temperature - like when you would put it in an oven - pyrolysis (burning) products would start forming before a quantity of 5-MeO-DMT would be able to melt and evaporate... not sure it makes a difference since with your setup you can't really measure temperature of the 5-MeO-DMT anyway.
The point is though that burning is caused by too much heat energy transduction in too short a time, basically the material doesn't know what to do with that heat energy beyond a certain point and it becomes enough to allow degradation reactions on top of melting and evaporation. All of which are processes that require and use energy - but they do not all require and use equal amounts. Burning costs more, so never give it enough (excess) heat / energy.
So going gradually is key here, the main reason you can't take 10 minutes to gradually vaporize DMT or 5-MeO-DMT is because the generated vapor would settle and condense on the sides in the meanwhile. So don't go too fast, but defnitely not crazy slow either.

Your vaporizer is creative but I would worry a bit about the fact that these materials become a liquid during the heating / vaping. I guess that your aluminum cap is a closed thingy but it still seems like it can be flimsy to expect to hold heated molten drugs. Fortunately 5-MeO-DMT doses are not huge so you should be done quicker without getting too much pooling. Still - go easy.

A common solution for the gradual evaporation and protection against seepage at the same time is metal wire mesh like chore boy. Always heat the plain metal first to get rid of manufacturing oils that fume off.
Then you can use it to put your tryptamine on top of and when you gently and carefully heat it, it should melt and spread over the surface of the wire meshing. If you then proceed to vape after that, the heat is distributed over the metal which is a material that can absorb and distribute / transduce / spread the head quite well (aluminum not so much though - FYI) which means it serves as a heat sink to vape the drug.

Wire Mesh Solution

A common solution for the gradual evaporation and protection against seepage at the same time is metal wire mesh like chore boy. Always heat the plain metal first to get rid of manufacturing oils that fume off.
Then you can use it to put your tryptamine on top of and when you gently and carefully heat it, it should melt and spread over the surface of the wire meshing. If you then proceed to vape after that, the heat is distributed over the metal which is a material that can absorb and distribute / transduce / spread the head quite well (aluminum not so much though - FYI) which means it serves as a heat sink to vape the drug.[/QUOTE]

What size wire mesh is best to use for this? Would it have to be fine like a 100 x 100 stainless steel mesh woven as seen here: www.bwire.com

Or are you thinking more of like a 10 x 10 .025 wire diameter?

Thanks.

Read the last post of the thread you linked to, ros. Aluminum may not be as strongly linked to disease, but most of all: you cannot vaporize aluminum, it melts at like 660 °C.

I do agree about being careful with melting plastic and plasticizers but definitely not all vaporizer designs have to lead to plastic parts heating up that much.

Anyway, actual vaporizers or bongs or whatever don't cost that much - maybe it is better not to be a cheapskate and just get a glass thingy you can modify with meshing and stuff, no?