• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Is there much in the way of lost absorption potential with a drip after insufflation?

tweakerguy

Bluelighter
Been wondering this for a while, nothing too pressing. Just curiosity. How much of whatever drug you're snorting is lost with the drip? I know meth's bioavailability is the stuff of legends, but i've heard that more is lost in the stomach than anywhere else.
Is it better to fight off the drip as much as possible?

Yes, there is oral mucosa in the throat so some of it can still absorb there.

The rest will be absorbed into the bloodstream from the stomach and intestinal walls and subject to oral bioavailability and first pass metabolism (liver) because of it.

If you want true intransal bioavailability and onset, then you need to change your technique and dose to avoid any drip - any cut and/or drug that is not readily water soluble will drip no matter what and be no different than taking it orally.

Last edited:
it all hasta do with how you snort it basically you wanna tilt your head back and pour the meth into your nostril then while your head is tilted back pinch your nose and wet nostril before you do this you want the meth or whatever for that matter to be absorbed into the lining of your nostril

Hope this helps

It occured to me from always hearing people claim sniffing water after the line is necessary to get maximum results, i guess meaning any remenants left in your nostrils but then that just makes for a faster drip lol.
Ive been using my nose exclusively for almost a year now and besides the worry of sinus damage im curious if nasal absorption in general is compromised with long term use.

It occured to me from always hearing people claim sniffing water after the line is necessary to get maximum results, i guess meaning any remenants left in your nostrils but then that just makes for a faster drip lol.
Ive been using my nose exclusively for almost a year now and besides the worry of sinus damage im curious if nasal absorption in general is compromised with long term use.

Not really. The nasal mucosa isn't in the septum of your nose, it's the huge area of tissue everywhere else in your nose, sinuses and all the way down to your throat. There is a lot of surface area for the drug to absorb into. A lot of people worry a deviated septum or damage to it can hurt absorption, that is just the bone like cartilage that splits your nose into two separate nasal passages.

Water can work if you have a lot of dried mucous in your nose. The powder will actually stick to it and be lost, or absorbed hours or days later if and when it detaches from it. If your nose is clear, there isn't much need for water - unless your insufflating something that isn't readily water soluble to begin with

Last edited:
I don't snort meth but I do snort Oxymorphone and personally I try to make sure the material to be snorted is as close to powder as possible, thank you razor blades. I then try to almost huff it into my nose. No power snorting, you just as well swallow it if you're going to do that. Been working for me for decades. I will mention that it's wise to rinse/clean your nostrils out regularly with warm water, at least. Good luck!