• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Is there dog food for humans???

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
like dogs have dog food that they can sort of eat for their entire life span

is there some sort of cheap food that can be bought online, that has all the vitamins and nutrients that you need cooked in

that u can sort of just eat for the rest of your life?

i know this sounds downright lazy, but im curious if someone has found a way?

Haaaa! Noooo! Not if you want to be healthy.
There’s that shit huel or something it’s called but your body needs whole foods. Trust me as someone wit an eating disorder who’d happily just stick to one thing forever to survive I’ve not found it. Your body can’t survive like that, I tried as have many other with EDs and it doesn’t work.

Im not a big fan of eating either and would be interesting if some total food replacement existed but I'm not sure it does. Granted im sure something has been developed but its got to be nasty (like Huel - what a terrible name; must be the sound you make when you eat it 🤔).

Gonna move this post to someplace more appropriate.

You could probably live off rice and eggs for a while. Not forever.

Even pet food has to be changed around. My cat eat lots of foods. Even human foods like tuna and chicken. I'm sure if a dog ate the same thing daily it wouldn't be happy.

I've eaten dog food before. Treats, kibble, wet food..

It's all very bland - needs more salt and pepper.

Except for those cream filled cookies that they sell in some places those are amazing.

Pet food is nothing special. It's mainly the organs of different animals. I ate some a long time ago and it didn't have much flavor. As far as getting vitamins or basic proteins from food, it doesn't get much simpler than rice and various kind of beans. Maybe throw in some vegetables here and there

I prefer it that way as I'm completely intolerant to wheat gluten and eggs. I eat everything else but I occasionally survive primarily on rice and beans. Although I wouldn't go by me as I'm an ectomorph (fast metabolizer)

well from someone that could not eat food for over 7 months, there are items that will keep you alive and healthy. I found that the Best for me was JEVITY 1.5 CAL is calorically dense, fiber-fortified therapeutic nutrition that provides complete, balanced nutrition for long- or short-term tube feeding. For tube feeding. For supplemental or sole-source nutrition. May be used for oral feeding of patients with altered taste perception.
I was going through Radiation to my head and neck for Cancer treatments with Chemo as well, so I could not swallow food, i had second degree burn inside an out of my throat. I no longer have very much taste or saliva due to my treatment, but I do remember that this stuff does not taste very good, Yet each container is 375 full calories, and very digestible nutrition

Well you could probably eat the same balanced meal 3x a day and be okay, but that would be a mix of stuff

Rice and beans may come close

some vegetables might be a good idea too

Pet food is nothing special. It's mainly the organs of different animals. I ate some a long time ago and it didn't have much flavor. As far as getting vitamins or basic proteins from food, it doesn't get much simpler than rice and various kind of beans. Maybe throw in some vegetables here and there

I prefer it that way as I'm completely intolerant to wheat gluten and eggs. I eat everything else but I occasionally survive primarily on rice and beans. Although I wouldn't go by me as I'm an ectomorph (fast metabolizer)
Try some quinoa my friend. Life changing

I have a friend from Peru who introduced me to quinoa some time ago. It is not only delicious but extremely healthy with lots of protein, vitamins and amino acids.

It's a staple at my house

Served with beans, an avocado and whatever yummy veggies are laying around is an incredible and easy meal

Fun fact.... all dog food sold in the US has to be approved for human consumption by law....

Frozen meals are often high in sodium and contain many preservatives. Not the most high quality food

Try some quinoa my friend. Life changing
It seems like I don't digest it well or something because it doesn't make me full. I don't mean full in the sense most people use it, but in the sense that I actually ate something, like the feeling you get after eating a spoonful of rice

It could be my low blood sugar. I think rice may be richer in sugars

Last edited:
Fun fact.... all dog food sold in the US has to be approved for human consumption by law....

Not exactly:

"According to the Association of American Feed Control Officials, there is no legal definition for the term “human-grade.” In order to label a food as a “human-grade dog food,” all ingredients must be edible for humans, and the food itself must meet federal manufacturing and packaging regulations. As a result, almost no dog foods can meet these standards"