• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is there correlation between bad experiences?

pheebs

Greenlighter
Hey guys, So I really wanna try LSD or DMT but im kind of apprehensive due to my recent bad experiences with MDMA and cannabis. My concern is that because these past few months, every time ive gotten high or rolled ive felt really uncomfortable, anxious- just not enjoying it at all- im scared i will feel the same on psychadelics even though i really want to try them. Any thoughts?

try them at gentler doses, and don't mix until you are comfortable with each thing you like, and if you don't like don't repeat.
when you do mix, back off the dose of each of the things you like.

there used to be a skit on Saturday Night Live with CONEHEADS who would drink mass quantities of beer to try to fit in.
some people can go at psychedelics the same way, lots of high octane foolish enjoyment.

You have to find your own pace.

yeah i think i might wait a bit before i try psychedelics in that case. i think the only reason i wanted to try was cause a couple mates have done dmt n said i would love it but in the back of my head im really concerned i wont enjoy like how i no longer enjoy mdma which im currently on a longgg break from aha. thanks
try them at gentler doses, and don't mix until you are comfortable with each thing you like, and if you don't like don't repeat.
when you do mix, back off the dose of each of the things you like.

there used to be a skit on Saturday Night Live with CONEHEADS who would drink mass quantities of beer to try to fit in.
some people can go at psychedelics the same way, lots of high octane foolish enjoyment.

You have to find your own pace.

If you are prone to bad trips, steer clear of psilocybin, and never smoke weed before/during your trip. Start off with 1/3 tab (40ug) of LSD or ALD-52, and do that amount several times to establish your equilibrium. If all goes well, advance to 1/2 tab (60ug) and hold it there awhile. Advance no more than 1/4 tab (30ug) after that, and in general, dose only once in a session.
I would avoid mixing any other drugs with psychedelics while you are finding your feet (say, for the first year). The rule of thumb is, start small and inch forward.

Last edited:
^ Good advice. There are no guarantees that a trip won't go bad, even if you're an experienced user. That's why in the early days Leary and Alpert stressed set and setting so much. It's prudent to have some kind of benzos on hand in my opinion. In some ways I wish I had been ready to try it earlier than the early 70's because by that time the PSA's on TV tried to put so much fear in your head and that could become a self fulfilling prophecy. I know the medical community thinks taking it before your brain is fully developed is a predictor for trouble growing up normally, but I'm glad I took it mostly between 15 and 18. Your mind is not filled with all the neurosis that happen later in life and you have much more, I guess the term is neural plasticity? It never hindered me in any way from going to engineering school, getting a good job and having a relatively normal life. Now it's 45 years since my 3 year love affair with acid and I'm so glad I had those experiences. It makes me wonder about all the people in the world that go their whole lives not knowing that there is a totally separate reality right in front of them. I really wish the medical community would make it widely available to terminally ill people. Wouldn't it be such a blessing to humanity to be able to accept death with no fear? .

Last edited: