• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is there anyway to come out of meth psychosis or paranoia without other drugs?

Phase0)))

Bluelighter
Ok, so I don't have any fucking idea why I even keep doing speed. But I am an addict no doubt, and that's the only excuse I can find and it's a terrible one. So right now I am amazed that I'm typing this seeing as how paranoid I am. I won't tell you if I did do speed, but I am sure you can guess the right answer. I've been doing it for almost 7 years now, and was clean for 2 1/2 years up until the beginning of January. Before I got clean in 2014 I was pretty much injecting crank almost every day. And every time I would go absolutely insane, thrust into the deepest pits of madness. But I kept doing it. And I don't know why.

So now this is probably the 4th time I used speed since I relapsed. And of course, the paranoia and mild hallucinations are back Right now it's just hearing what I think are footsteps down my hall and towards my room. Naturally I think they belong to cops who are here for me, even though I have done nothing illegal. And I'm not just saying that, I really haven't done anything illegal at all. Which is what gets me the most, because if I am absolutely sure that there is no reason for the cops to be after me, 100 percent affirmative, than why am I still like this? So right now it's just hearing either my front door opening and footsteps coming towards my room. And of course when I check nothing is there and no one is in my apartment when I go out and check the whole place. And in the last 2 hours I've checked waaaay too many times to count.

I know they are not real. This has happened an utterly insane amount of times in itself because this always happens when I use. And every time, nothing has happened to me in the end. There was never any danger it turned out aside from the danger I put myself in. I know all of it is not real and yet every time I get the belief that this time is could possibly be the one where everything comes true. So I have to be on guard. I think sometimes well if my imagination is so strong that I still believe this all regardless of how much of a logical conclusion I come to, then maybe it's real enough for me to where I make some sort of danger real.

Anyways how do i stop this without anti-psychotics or other meds? I have absolutely no access to anything.

Thank you.

EDIT: Like I stated before, I am amazed I actually posted this since my paranoia could easily say that they are also monitoring my internet use and this obviously would be bad for me to write. But I am so desperate at this point, I want this to end so bad that I don't care about that now. But in reverse, if I can break out of this in just even a small way like this, which to me is progress in seeing how this isn't real then why does everything continue regardless? I understand logic doesn't have any value here, but now it's getting to the point whereI think maybe, deep down it is real. Maybe just for me and in my head but real enough to be dangerous for me, like really dangerous. Uggghhh this fucking blows

Last edited:
I find amphetamine psychosis does not respond to anti psychotics, yet benzodiazepines will bring you back from the madness

Wait really? I have never actually taken anti-psychotics to help a meth comedown or to stop hallucinations. But I always assumed they would work because, well, I thought that's what their purpose is. I also can't really remember a time that i used benzos for psychosis either, but i would also assume that they wouldn't completely make them go away because, I don't know, cause their not anti-psychotics? Like of course they would reduce the anxiety and paranoia they caused but I would guess you would still hallucinate, you might just not care as much. Hmmm interesting. Either way, this still sucks ass and I'm just wondering why the fuck I keep doing this to myself. God dammit

Long time ago after my first ever amphetamine psychosis I've researched and found Rauwolfia Serpentina herb and a supplement that has it's extract - Cardimap. Very affordable OTC and works for me within 30 min. Gotta be careful with it though - keep in mind actual drug interaction and personal metabolism, issues, etc.

Validol could be purchased in any Russian/European markets for sublingval administration but this one does not work for everyone and mostly just calms the heart, but still I find it quite helpful and very affordable OTC.

Good luck!

Without drugs - good and close friends, music, food and water and time.

If your that deep that even your good and close friends are part of the plot then, food, water and time.

Your probably holed up at home - change your setting, move rooms, have a shower, change your music, switch off the tv, tidy a drawer, if your hot turn off the heating, cold turn it on - any change to get you out of that head set will help - clean clothes.

Wait really? I have never actually taken anti-psychotics to help a meth comedown or to stop hallucinations. But I always assumed they would work because, well, I thought that's what their purpose is. I also can't really remember a time that i used benzos for psychosis either, but i would also assume that they wouldn't completely make them go away because, I don't know, cause their not anti-psychotics? Like of course they would reduce the anxiety and paranoia they caused but I would guess you would still hallucinate, you might just not care as much. Hmmm interesting. Either way, this still sucks ass and I'm just wondering why the fuck I keep doing this to myself. God dammit

I don't think it's the same kind of psychosis as those caused by organic mental illness. I've used benzos many times to bring myself back, and all the times I've needed medical attention for cocaine/meth overdoses/psychosis, the hospital typically always just pumped me full of diazepam and lorazepam till I came around

I have not tried antipsychotics myself for psychosis, but I have seen several of my friends attempt to control te insanity this way, it never seems to work, when, again, benzodiazepines do work

^That seems like its the case here... can't blame him tbh it can make it all sorts of fun. Thats really what the high of it is, what gets people to stay on, is perpetuating that pseudo-schizophrenic state with the illusion of being able to have total control over it.

Yes there is a way to get out of meth psychosis without other drugs LOL, by taking a break and giving your body and brain what it needs, sleep good food rest hydration.

When I reached the point of being fed up with the psychotic state that high dose stimulants induce yet still not wanting to stop, I tried benzos and it doesnt work, higher and higher doses (alprazolam) just induced a very scary and beligerrent fugue state.

I recommend what the other poster said, have some low dose valium and maybe try to get some rest.

have you accepted jesus christ as your personal lord and savior? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol ^yeah that might work who knows i think it has worked for some, better to make up your own mind about it though (imo)

whoa sidenote but i just got the craziest dejavu fuckin everr man
think thats enough of whatever im taking for tonight hahhahah

Sleep, definitely. When I do meth I never skip over sleeping more than one day. Have you been dosing after 6 pm or so? Try not doing more after 5/6 pm and maybe take a small dose of OTC sleep aid around midnight, force yourself into laying on your bed. Even if you're sure you won't fall asleep, do not get up, just chill there & listen to music until 10 am or so.

I usually fall asleep within a few hrs nearly every time I do this. It's good to rest your body even if sleep alludes you, & hopefully by the time you get up again you'll feel able to eat something and drink a couple bottles of water.

There's just no easy switch to turn off the hallucinations/paranoia, man, taking a meth break is your only answer.

Good luck, and don't forget that you're not really nuts, it's the chemicals.

Last edited: