• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is There Anything That Helps Someone Lower Heart Rate After Smoking Crack?

QuinnMallory

Greenlighter
Last night my friend had a hell of a time trying to come down from smoking crack. I'm not looking for a lecture, it's not me it's him and yes it's dumb but to each his own.

He was eventually after two hours of not smoking able to stabilize his breathing and finally felt "OK" enough to go to sleep. Here's the thing though, is there something that someone can do to help stabilize your breathing and heart rate after smoking more quickly, rather than just waiting two hours??? Or is there something he could maybe take afterwards, such as Benedryl or something like that, that might help but not be too unsafe to mix with the crack? The reason I ask is without saying too much, if I was able to help him get back to normal, there's a good chance that maybe he would then continue to do more and let's just say that it would be a positive thing for not only him, but me as well ;)

I personally don't have a clue, all I know is that when I used to snort coke, after we were done and wanted to come down for the night we would drink a bunch of alcohol real quick and maybe take two Nyquil geltabs. I don't think that this method would really apply to what he's asking, because he's more worried about stabilizing breathing and heart rate, not necessarily just to get tired to go to sleep, which is what we did our's for. Thanks guys.

A benzodiazepine would lower the heart rate and ease the comedown all around... Research these before just using them though, as benzodiazepines are powerful drugs.

If his breathing is labored, I would suggest he look into other means of getting high... Cocaine is a fairly toxic drug to the body and begins to take a toll after awhile (even more so when mixed with alcohol!)

Benzo's are anti-depressents like Xanax, and Valium right? I wasn't too sure if recommending that to him would be safe.

I don't think his breathing is hard to do, I think he just means that he is breathing more than normal, or maybe short, constant breaths.

lay down. with a girlfriend.. or someone around, or alone, with a quiet TV show.. i'm just guessing this will help, over time ~15min. - ~30min.

i have no exp. with crack/coke .. did it a couple times maybe 10 years ago, never was into that, didn't like it.

Benzos are not anti depressants. They are anti-anxiety drugs such as xanax, klonopin, valium, ativan, etc which work on GABA receptors. The come down from stimulants is garbage ( for me, anyways) and benzos are basically mandatory for me to have. I'm not saying to go and take a shit ton of them, but a small therapeutic dose after doing coke, or smoking crack, will greatly reduce any anxiety, paranoia, increased heart rate, etc. It will also make sleep much easier. When I was doing coke/smoking crack I would take a dose of xanax right when i finished my last line/hit. This way once the coke was wearing off it would fade right into that wonderful benzo feeling.

but with caution! Having a downer in the system may make higher doses of rocks easier, which is NOT healthy. I agree with above poster who suggests a new high for this person.

I have the question question - - I smoke rocks maybe 2 or 3 times per month and I absolutely hate the comedown - - its like going through hell - if I smoke a little I feel OK in 30 min but after an intense session it may be 2 hours. Yes, I do try to lie down and just rest.

always have bars handy when using stims. enough xan will kill the buzz off nearly anything.

dont know about if the cough syrup is going to do anything that isn't antagonistic. would def not go that route.

and remember, you're dealing with a super speedy substance. i've only ever smoked crack twice (far as i could tell, didn't even touch me with my huge meth habit). but puh-lenty of meth, and part of playing the game is that you don't get to go to sleeep whrn you want to.

stay up and enjoy clean your kitchen or something.

Hey halfoz - yeah, meth is great and is a lot more smooth and milder than crack. I don't mind the comedown from meth at all - - I still feel pleasant the whole time coming down - - but the crack comedown is pure hell

I would definently say take a benzodiazapine. They fucking saved my life on come downs, IMO there best used for these situations. Your milage may very. Good luck.

Opiates or Benzos have always helped me come down, and slow the heartbeat from coke or crack

benzos for when your coming down, but for during the time you are sucking the glass dick, if you don't want your heart to race too badly.. is taking a beta blocker like atenolol dangerous? propranolol (sp?) would dull the high but AFAIK atenolol doesn't cross the BBB so would just work on slowing the heart.
BUT slowing down your heart while it's trying to speed up could be dangerous, so wait for others input on it.. it was just a thought i had when i read the title a few days ago and never said anything because i was unsure if it was safe.

I too am curious about atenolol. I have a bottle of these in my medicine cabinet. If it were safe to take in combination with crack, amphetamines, and mdpv (not at the same time obviously), then I feel like it would help me immensely. MDPV makes my heart feel like it's going to blow up sometimes, and cannot enjoy the high.

I know there are many uses for beta blockers other than cardiac, such as for treatment with those having PTSD. I would think it could be helpful for the symptoms you describe, however I have no first hand knowledge with this, so take that with a grain of salt.

I do know that benzos are very useful to have on hand and can counteract all these nasty side effects. Personally I have only done crack once. It was interesting, but I am glad it was only once. I know a girl at my job who came in totally crashed and crying because she had spent her mortgage on crack. She had never done this before. We put her to bed and covered for her and my boss spotted her an advance on her pay if she agreed to never do this again. I don't know for sure if she did, but I have seen her around and she seems ok. I worked with pretty cool people at that time.

I know using beta blockers seems logical at first, but they should not be used in an attempt to reduce blood pressure from stimulants.

They can actually increase vasoconstriction in the coronary arteries, as well as induce angina and an overall increase in blood pressure. Benzodiazepines are a much better choice for these situations.

I know using beta blockers seems logical at first, but they should not be used in an attempt to reduce blood pressure from stimulants.

They can actually increase vasoconstriction in the coronary arteries, as well as induce angina and an overall increase in blood pressure. Benzodiazepines are a much better choice for these situations.

Yeah that is what I had believed. Benzos are no doubt my first choice, but I was just curious if beta blockers would be detrimental to use. Despite them lowering blood pressure, I knew I had heard that if used in conjunction with high doses of stimulants, the vasoconstriction can become very damaging and dangerous.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I couldn't catch my breath once on a crack bender for almost 1/2 an hour. I thought I was gonna die.

After smoking cocaine for 6 years I gave it up that night.

Scared the fuck out of me. I feel like it was a choice. If I continued to smoke hubba's I would have eventually suffered a heart attack.

So now I'm an opiate addict LOLLER CAUST!!!