• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is there anything stronger than dilaudid 8mg?

Crazyjay87

Greenlighter
I am currently on Dilaudid 8mg 4 times a day and Opana 40mg twice a day the dilaudid use to work great for breakthrough pain up until about a week ago. All of a sudden they just dont work and the Opana takes so long to kick in and i am limited to just 2 a day so i have to space the dosage out. What is stronger as an instant release medication than Dilaudid?

They make oxymorphone immediate release so you could try supplementing your long acting oxymorphone (I'm assuming that's what you have) with that. You could also just take more Dilaudid. The highest single pill immediate release dosage is 8mg but that is certainly not the highest amount possible for breakthrough pain. It could also be ordered more frequently as well if the 8mg works initially but wears off sooner than 6hrs. Hydromorphone and oxymorphone both have low oral bioavailabilities so not sure about your experience/willingness to take them through other routes of administration but that's always an option (be cautious with dosage of considering this).

Fwiw, fentanyl immediate release blotters/lollipops are in the higher range of strength for breakthrough dosing as well.

Oxycodone 30mg, oxymorphone, Fentanyl, those are all stronger then dilaudid. I guess you could even say morphine if it didn't have such poor BA

I started taking 2 at a time instead of one which seems to be doing the job right now. Even with the 2 the longest they will last is about 3 hours maybe 4. And i am on Opana 40mg for ER but it takes so long to kick in and i have to sit here in pain its not a good feeling

I have had Fentanyl. When i was first diagnosed with MS my DR put me on the 75 fentanyl which i am guessing was too high to start off with and it messed me up pretty bad so he took me off. My new pain dr said that he wants to put me back on it but at a lower dose. I use to take percocet for breakthrough until they completely stopped having an affect on me

If Dilaudid worked well for your pain before it's most likely that your tolerance has risen and you would need to increase the dosage to get relief. Try taking 12mg (1.5 tabs) next time and see how you feel. If it works ask for an increase.

thats a tough one, if IV was not a viable ROA (no set, against shooting, etc..) id say hydromorphone 8mg sucks! (however, that rush is freaking amazing, i jus wish it lasted longer...) forget about eating it, very low BA, sniffing it, a person w a low tolerance may get some euphoria, a full fledged dope fiend might jus get off E, feel it kinda just coat your stomach and relive WD symptoms for a couple hours, *enter dilaudids 50x stronger cousin Opana!* id say my favorite FULL agonists (cuz i am on Subutex which is a PARTIAL agonist) i try not to stray too far off my sub habit, but when i do my faves are these .. 1- Oxymorphone
2-fentanyl, 3- Oxycodone in large doses.. the old school OC80s were greeaaatt. IMO, at this moment, oxymorphone is the best bang for your buck if your getting these from a source other than YOUR OWN prescription. they are pricey, I'm pretty sure i can't post prices, but you know what your getting, id take 3 40mg Opanas over a high quality bundle (10 little wax folds of heroin) of good H. granted my ROA is almost ALWAYS intranasal.. so my list is quite arbitrary to a person who prefers to IV their D.O.C.. stay safe, P.s- dont underestimate the power of potentiation w tagamet, diphenhydramine (benadryl), and other over the counter non narcotic supplements commonly found in your drug store OTC.. not to mention narcotics like benzos.. a 2mg klonopin, a fat blunt of purple urkle, and 40mg of oxymorphone might be my favorite combo.. wish i could add some adderall on top of it to get that horjny superman complex going on too ! haha gnite folks, gonna go eat ice cream and nod off into Opioidatopia! ohh and smoke my dank dank herb..8o