• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is there anything more profound than a psychedelic experience?

^You'll be an awesome dad. I'm thinking there's some entity out there right now waiting for you to be ready (meaning: it has already chosen you).

Well so far in my mere 21 years of life I've had many profound psychedelic experiences, sporting accidents which I could have very well died from and the profound feeling of being ever so alive and gratetful for life after seeing how close it came to ending. But NO experience of any kind has come close to falling head over heels, truly, madly, deeply in love. The first 2 of the last 3 years were the most ecstatic, arduous, joyful, testing, roller coaster ride of my life. When the relationship matures the comfort and closeness increases and the excitement decreases (thank god, if that kept for another couple years i'd probably die from pure mental/spiritual/physical exhaustion). Anyways the psychedelic experience is a very profound but internal experience. Psychedelics smash the ego but Love is a far more ego-less experience. Pure union with another person is far more profound than delving into my own person.
Psychedelics don't keep you up at night (after they've worn off of course). When all you can do all day long day-in day-out is think about her, she just wont leave your head ever, your social life gets hit, work gets very hard/impossible to do (during periods of relationship volatility) on the upswing, when the relationship is flying high your social life gets amplified, work doesn't seem like work at all, life couldn't be better. Very much like a good psychedelic afterglow but stronger, more authentic and longer lasting. Psychedelics have never done anything like what love has done to me. They are profound but in a different way. Birth/Love/Death are just on a whole other level.

I'm not a father yet but until that day comes I can only imagine the joy of that day :)

Last edited:
I've yet to find anything <3

You said "profound" and I immediately thought of having an extremely remarkable epiphany about a problem that hasn't been solved in years. Think of the mind of a mathematician.

However, I really couldn't say what could be more amazing than a Salvia/DMT breakthrough or something of that nature. Fuck, I even remember this one study where women said that taking shrooms was more amazing (I forget the exact word... was it profound? haha) than child birth.

I snorted oxytocin actually (about 2mg an accidental overdose) and its not that great! I think the natural child birth thing is a lot more than just hormone release! Its the thought of giving life that is so profound I think. Its also affective/emotional process of course (which is intimately tied up with neuro-hormonal state).

I think raising a child seems very meaningful. Although sometimes I wonder if my experiences with psychedelics have put me in touch with a part of life that has greater meaning and significance (making child raising seem like a waste of resources when I could better learn to discipline and ultimately free my mind through more meditative practices).

Word? lol.

And yes.. the whole giving life thing too <3 very powerful, but the oxytocin rush naturally is something that few people get to experience.

I also would agree that LOVE is greater than any trip. Love of a lover, a child, parents, friends. Love is a beautiful thing <3 <3

love that transcends the self and object distinction

True love is the one thing that transcends the self. It's when you put someone else's well-being on a higher priority than yours. We spend our early life with ourself at #1, but when you're in love you're #2. And when the lines between who is "me" and who is "her" get blurred, union occurs. I am no longer me and she is no longer her, we are one spirit. In a sense I guess we hold that united spirit at #1, any harm to her well-being is a harm to yours because you are her and she is you. [reverse this if you're female, i'm male and this is just how it's coming out] That is far more profound than any psychedelic trip I've ever had.
Just wondering what do you mean by "object distinction"?

Kundalini awakening.

I would probably define it as a psychedelic experience, but I assume the OP is referring to psychedelic drug experiences.

The only thing I can really think of that I have experienced (so I'm not counting child birth since I have no idea of the intensity of that feeling), is true love, and that is almost on the same level as the psychedelic experience in a very different way. I don't believe in a meaning of life, nor do I believe in good or evil so none of the classical value's I could count as more profound then the psychedelic experience but I've felt love, even though love itself might be chemical, it feels so incredibly meaningful I hold it about equal to the psychedelic experience.

Other then that I see comming as close to yourself as possible from as many perspectives as a very high personal goal so not a lot can beat the psychedelic experience.