• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is there anything more profound than a psychedelic experience?

I can think of a few things... Love... Life... the Universe... God... etc. Without those, there would be no psychedelic experience in the first place ;)

I dont know, a high dose psychedelic experience is the most perpelexing mind-shattering thing Ive ever experienced. It can completely rock your world and return you within the day.

I'm sitting here thinking "there has to be something". My life so far is far from empty, but I can't think of anything more incredible. :)

I'm sure that death will give being high a run for its money, as far as being immersive. You can think about baseball while fucking. The Big Sleep: a new special experience.

^^ I imagine a birth of a child would be profound, as in your own.

Love, Skydiving (Well not perhaps profound but intense), an actual near death experience and I'm sure theres much more I just cant think of anything at the moment

I reckon death might be quite far out

I'm sure birth was too but I just can't remember it (consciously)

In some ways, probably not. I think a near-death experience where you die and come back to life could be moreso. Or death itself. Some experiences such as deep, true love are more profound in my opinion, although of course not in that mind-shattering sort of way. I haven't had any children yet, but I imagine nothing will beat that.

The immensity and complexity of the universe/existence is the most profound thing I can think of. This is what the psychedelic experience has showed me.

When my wife finally is ready for her first trip with me, then that will probably be the most profound experience I've had. <3 Which of course will be initiated by a psychedelic!

In some ways, probably not. I think a near-death experience where you die and come back to life could be moreso. Or death itself. Some experiences such as deep, true love are more profound in my opinion, although of course not in that mind-shattering sort of way. I haven't had any children yet, but I imagine nothing will beat that.

The immensity and complexity of the universe/existence is the most profound thing I can think of. This is what the psychedelic experience has showed me.

When my wife finally is ready for her first trip with me, then that will probably be the most profound experience I've had. <3 Which of course will be initiated by a psychedelic!

Yes I agree. I like to study astrophysics in my spare time and the universe is just so remarkable to me. It is indeed the most complex and mystifying thing I have ever attempted to comprehend. Psychedelics have also helped me understand how truly amazing and beautiful it is.

I also look forward to sharing the psychedelic experience with my significant other. She is new to drugs in general and we have only smoked together on occasion. I get very excited when I think about our first trip together.

Yeah, my wife and I have been together for 7 years and the drug thing has been quite a journey. She started out smoking very infrequently, and then by the second year she was as big a pothead as I was. She's tried opiates on occasion, and we both love kratom. But at first she was totally against psychedelics... she thought of them as stupid, immature and dangerous because of some experiences people at her high school had, and misinformation. So I really couldn't share that part of me with her at all and it made me sad.

Over the years, she slowly came to accept that my experiences were important to me, but I still had to hide the extent of my involvement which made me feel weird and shitty. Even up until around when we got got married, she didn't like me coming to Bluelight and wasn't ever planning on tripping, although she respected that I had had important and significant experiences.

But just recently she decided she definitely wants to trip, and she respects my invinvement at Bluelight, and I'm just really excited that she's coming around to it. :) <3

^Yeah I'm the same way. My girlfriend is from a small town in Vermont, where people only smoked weed, and I sometimes feel hesitant to talk about my drug use. I just wonder how I make myself look in her eyes. She knows I'm smart about the things I do though, and she really likes it when I go on and on about things I'm passionate about. :)

But yeah she has expressed interest in psychedelics recently as well, and I look forward to sharing them with her, slowly of course. I've never tripped with a love interest and I'm really excited about it. <3

but we're getting off topic here.

^^ I imagine a birth of a child would be profound, as in your own.

Love, Skydiving (Well not perhaps profound but intense), an actual near death experience and I'm sure theres much more I just cant think of anything at the moment

I was going to say naturally giving birth <3 I hear that's quite the trip. If I ever have a child I want to do it naturally and experience that Oxytocin rush that all you men out there will never get to feel ;) of course you wont have to push a human being through your pelvis either... but i guess its a fair trade <3 They call Oxytocin the "love/ cuddle chemical" and the feeling is apparently amazing.

I was going to say naturally giving birth <3 I hear that's quite the trip. If I ever have a child I want to do it naturally and experience that Oxytocin rush that all you men out there will never get to feel ;) of course you wont have to push a human being through your pelvis either... but i guess its a fair trade <3 They call Oxytocin the "love/ cuddle chemical" and the feeling is apparently amazing.

Although that good feeling might be partially due to the fact that labor is over ;)

It's just sad that postpartum depression can occur afterwards. I mean, you have this baby, but you're chemically unable to care for yourself. I had a friend who had to be put on antidepressants and the like to avoid going into postpartum psychosis :(

I have to agree that true love is better than a psychedelic experience. Love lasts longer, and can give you comfort that psychedelics can't always do. You can't snuggle up with a gram of DMT at night. Or at least it doesn't snuggle back.

I have to agree that true love is better than a psychedelic experience. Love lasts longer, and can give you comfort that psychedelics can't always do. You can't snuggle up with a gram of DMT at night. Or at least it doesn't snuggle back.
Oh, I don't know... 2C-C has snuggled me on a few occasions. :) And this wasn't in response to me snuggling 2C-C; on the contrary, I just shoved it up my nose, and in return it snuggled me! ;)

But yes, human/human love is lovely too, of course...

How are we defining 'psychedelic experience', anyway? Does the OP mean just 'experiences induced by psychedelic drugs'? If so, well, it's possible that there are mind revealing experiences that are beyond the reach of drugs; but if the OP means to ask whether there is anything more profound (from the perspective of the human mind, I guess?) than a mind revealing experience (regardless of the aetiology of the experience; and thus including the experience of love), I'd wager not. I'd suggest that the recursive illumination of mind beholding mind cannot be beat. (The depth, in a more visual/literal sense, of recursion when a mirror beholds another mirror, is infinite; so too with mind revealing mind to mind. Infinity is an absolute limit; so, by that argument, psychedelia is as deep as human experience gets.)

ETA: Of course, this (mind beholding itself, perceiving, representing itself) is arguably what conscious experience is. The psychedelic experience is perhaps a more intense (perhaps more profound) form of normal conscious experience in that particular respect.

Last edited:
I'm sure that death will give being high a run for its money, as far as being immersive. You can think about baseball while fucking. The Big Sleep: a new special experience.

yes death is probably one hell of an experience.....

The brain is dying, all of those chemicals responsible for all of your emotions flooding the brain....

But honestly i cant say i have found or experienced anything close, even being in a car wreck that could have very well killed me.

For me the most profound things are
Love
Life
Psychedelics
Universe
but its all connected.

I snorted oxytocin actually (about 2mg an accidental overdose) and its not that great! I think the natural child birth thing is a lot more than just hormone release! Its the thought of giving life that is so profound I think. Its also affective/emotional process of course (which is intimately tied up with neuro-hormonal state).

I think raising a child seems very meaningful. Although sometimes I wonder if my experiences with psychedelics have put me in touch with a part of life that has greater meaning and significance (making child raising seem like a waste of resources when I could better learn to discipline and ultimately free my mind through more meditative practices).

I can't wait to be a parent one day. I mean, I CAN wait - we want to wait a good many years! We're definitely far from ready for that. 8( But at the same time, I really can't wait. I feel like I have so much love to give and I think it will be the ultimate channeling of that. I am a parent to two cats already, and the amount love and joy they bring to my life is unimaginable... they're tied for the best things that ever happened to me. I can only imagine what that woulod be like with my own human child.