• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is there anyone else FLIPPING OUT yet about the soon to become Opana ER shortage

You realize that if Oral is your MOA, might be a waste of your time. I am not trying be an advertisement for oxymorphone pills, and it sounds like you are a bit enthusiastic to hear about their strength. Also....
1. very expensive. They have become less expensive throughout the years, but are still quite costly. I remember my monthly was $1400 about 5 years ago, with insurance I was still paying about $250 for them. I think without insurance, they still run in the hundreds for say 90 20mg pills.
2. the plastic variety is what you may end up with if you are not paying attention. (even dedicated Oral users are having issues getting the med properly into the blood stream). Our digestion can vary with age, lifelong diet, among many factors. Stories have been tossed around about people seeing almost the whole pill show up in their stool. I myself have not verified this personally, but I think it is more truth than fiction. I don't think our systems were designed for such synthetic bindings.

I also have this philosophy, be it twisted or levelheaded....you tell me. But I think people over a certain age should be allowed more freedoms with pain meds. Less so for the under 40 set. I realize that people under 40 can have massive pain issues as any 70 year old might. But there is so much more to consider unless that 'young' person is on their death bed. If you plan on living with as much hassle free life as you can grasp, and you have a lot more time left.....let me tell you, opiates will impinge on that endeavor. In so many ways. Not only that but you will hit 35 feeling and looking more like 55. I realize there are a few folks who can ride this thing and still come out looking okay, but that is the minority.

I think if we didn't criminalize drugs that are incredibly safe (cannabis, maybe even some psychadelics), you wouldn't have nearly as many people abusing opiates to begin with. In Oregon, I rarely hear a whisper about harder drugs, never opiates. Elsewhere, it's not uncommon for people to buy percs, addies, etc. from their weed dealer. IME at least

After 2 years of trying to find pain relief, Opana ER 30 mg every 12 hours and Opana IR 10 mg 4x daily worked well. I was taking less Opana IR with increase from 15 mg Opana ER to 30 mg. Got in trouble with the Dr after 1 time use of Meth ( d.u.m.b Dum!) When I mentioned Opana to a new Dr (not Chronic Pain Mgmt) they gave nothing, then trammadol (a dirty opiate for me). I have a HOST of chronic pain issues. See new pain Dr on Thursday (I've been without pain Mgmt since Sept 5th) & desperate for pain relief. I had no idea Opana was stronger than Heroin (which I learned on this thread). I'm a long term opiate user & very opioid tolerant. Know all the tricks to get an extra 'boost'...etc. 3 people actually suggested Heroin for pain if Dr's won't prescribe me pain meds. Even as a lover of glorious opiates, Heroin was a NO until I learned Opana is stronger than Heroin! The Dr's may drive me to it as my pain is ruining my quality of life.
I'm sick of the DEA & the pharmaceutical companies making chronic pain a game to them & scaring Dr's from prescribing pain relief.
Just my 2¢. I'm a newbie so I hope I didn't break any rules. TY...
I'm doing the same thing right now with the dope.
I had the same dosage of oxy3x15mg it a day ) and I complained a couple yrs in and just got shut down so I didn't complain again until about yr7 of seeing this guy, great guy btw(cool with my weed), but after I complained on ur 7 he shut me down again ! I was getting no relief so I sis what I had to do and swapped dependencies I'm happier than I thought I'd be about tha switch. It has it's negatives too though but for me the positives outweigh the negs IMHO/ime.some of us gotta do whatwegotta do... Good luck infinding some relief and god bless!