• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Is there any risk of depersonalization/panic on GHB?

dpdudelol

Greenlighter
Thinking of trying GHB soon - because I want to replace the occasional night of getting drunk.

My issue is I've had bad experiences with weed and coke...racing heart, panic, anxiety, head getting hot, etc which has given me extended depersonalization, like multiple years. I finally got out of it six months ago, so I'm nervous to risk any type of drug that I would go back into it.

I wanted something close to alcohol because alcohol kills any anxiety in my brain about taking drugs, changing my perception, etc. so I always have a good time. No hangovers or bad experiences, I just want to give my liver and calories a break sometimes.

I've done some research on Reddit and only found 1-2 people who had anxiety/depersonalization after the GHB comedown...but idk if they mixed it with other drugs, or maybe took too much. I would start with 0.5mL, then eventually go up to 1-2. I have self control and am only allowing it once every 2 weeks on Thursdays. I have a very set routine with alcohol, lol.

Just curious if anyone has thoughts. A lot of people say nope, anxiety melts away, that would be great! I don't struggle too much with anxiety, only after drugs. But I'm staying as far away as I can from stimulants and cannabinoids. GHB is also GABA like alcohol, so I'd think I'd be in the clear?

Hate feeling foggy and weird after drugs. Thanks much!

A person who took it for the first time and was to eager wait and I to green (naive) to see what was coming.

He overdid it and got a intense panic attack, kept walking and talking like a mad man. Trying to puke inbetween.

He never touched it again.

A person who took it for the first time and was to eager wait and I to green (naive) to see what was coming.

He overdid it and got a intense panic attack, kept walking and talking like a mad man. Trying to puke inbetween.

He never touched it again.
Wow! Do you know how much he did? I would be doing like...1 mL lol.

Started him on 1.25 gram GHB. And as it work's within 10/ 20 min max. He didn't feel it so gave probably another gram. So how do you know the concentration of GHB in 1 ml.?

GBL was a fluid, somewhat stronger then GHB, tastes not like salt but some sort of chemical cleaning agent.
That we measured in ml.'s. 1/ 1.5 ml. being about a normal dose.
They are not equivalent, if I am correct GBL is slightly stronger and must be diluted (irritates the mucous membrame). Is it GHB, no idea what dosage you talking about.

It has never caused anxiety for me and I have bad anxiety that I'm prescribed benzos for.
It actually makes my anxiety disappear even on the come down but everyone reacts to drugs differently

It can cause weird dissociative states that are quite unpleasant at high doses, accompanied with mind blowing nausea. But that is at high doses. It is immensely uncomfortable; I've been there a few times.

Note, often times liquids sold as liquid GHB are actually something like 1,4-butanediol or GBL, which are pro-drugs to GHB. They are trickier to dose and often feel like they aren't working initially, which causes one to redose, leaving one surprised when the combined effect kicks in. Australia is a common example of this, where GBL and 1,4-BD is passed off of GHB (which they sort of are, but not entirely). If it isn't very salty (like salt water) then it likely isn't GHB. Real liquid GHB can pouring on a dish, and when left out to try, a plate of GHB powder/crystals will remaining (as a sodium or potassium salt, depending on what base they used to make it).

This doesn't mean these prodrugs can't be consumed, but the effects of the prodrugs are quite a bit dirtier. In my mind, one really hasn't consumed GHB for certain unless they have had it in dry crystalline form (given how common GBL and 1,4-BD are passed off as GHB).

It can cause weird dissociative states that are quite unpleasant at high doses, accompanied with mind blowing nausea. But that is at high doses. It is immensely uncomfortable; I've been there a few times.

Note, often times liquids sold as liquid GHB are actually something like 1,4-butanediol or GBL, which are pro-drugs to GHB. They are trickier to dose and often feel like they aren't working initially, which causes one to redose, leaving one surprised when the combined effect kicks in. Australia is a common example of this, where GBL and 1,4-BD is passed off of GHB (which they sort of are, but not entirely). If it isn't very salty (like salt water) then it likely isn't GHB. Real liquid GHB can pouring on a dish, and when left out to try, a plate of GHB powder/crystals will remaining (as a sodium or potassium salt, depending on what base they used to make it).

This doesn't mean these prodrugs can't be consumed, but the effects of the prodrugs are quite a bit dirtier. In my mind, one really hasn't consumed GHB for certain unless they have had it in dry crystalline form (given how common GBL and 1,4-BD are passed off as GHB).
Thank you for this info! That checks out with my current opinion. My friend said one of his batches was slushy at room temp, so BDO. He gave me another batch though, and it did not freeze or solidify at all after being refrigerated for 3 hours, so I'm guessing not BDO. However, it DID freeze in the freezer after like 2 hours, which is weird because true GHB freezes at like -42?

I thought maybe it's diluted, but my friend says he starts with 1-2mL, and then another 1mL 1-2 hours later. So I'm not sure? I just want to know I'm consuming before I do; and that it won't induce panic/dissociation. But it seems like starting with 1 mL will not dissociate me. Not wanting to go extreme with doses, I measure all of my alcohol, so I'm used to being careful, lol.

I appreciate the info! It also doesn't smell like much, which makes me think it's not the gross chemical GBL smell? I dunno.

One time GHB put me into a state of extreme anger, when 30 minutes had passed and I started to realize I was just sold salt water.

Thank you for this info! That checks out with my current opinion. My friend said one of his batches was slushy at room temp, so BDO. He gave me another batch though, and it did not freeze or solidify at all after being refrigerated for 3 hours, so I'm guessing not BDO. However, it DID freeze in the freezer after like 2 hours, which is weird because true GHB freezes at like -42?

I thought maybe it's diluted, but my friend says he starts with 1-2mL, and then another 1mL 1-2 hours later. So I'm not sure? I just want to know I'm consuming before I do; and that it won't induce panic/dissociation. But it seems like starting with 1 mL will not dissociate me. Not wanting to go extreme with doses, I measure all of my alcohol, so I'm used to being careful, lol.

I appreciate the info! It also doesn't smell like much, which makes me think it's not the gross chemical GBL smell? I dunno.

If it's viscous and not salty, it's not GHB (or at least not primarily GHB). If it's real GHB, you could pour it onto a glass dish and put a fan on it for 24 hours to dehydrate the water, and the result would be a crystalline powder. I would frankly doubt it's GHB in solution. Finding real GHB in solution is rare these days. Even GBL is comparatively rare next to 1,4-butanediol (which is the most from of "GHB" -- though I'd argue that they feel distinctly different; it's more accurate to say that 1,4-butanediol produces GHB-like effects). Real crystalline GHB salt feels immensely cleaner. BDO feels like a shot of bottom shelf vodka + GHB. More nausea as well. In my lifetime I myself have had more 1,4-butanediol than real crystalline sodium GHB, because of the rarity of the latter. But having experienced real crystalline the difference is profound. Cleaner, brighter and more euphoric? more stimulating, and with less nausea, side-effects. But 1,4-butanediol definitely had unmistakable GHB-like effects (only accompanied with some other less desirable ones).

But in anycase neither, 1ml of GBL, 1ml of BDO or 1g of real crystalline sodium GHB will cause anxiety or dissociation. High doses of any of those can definitely cause dissociation, severe delirium and disorientation. Question is, who knows what's really in this liquid your friend has.

If it's viscous and not salty, it's not GHB (or at least not primarily GHB). If it's real GHB, you could pour it onto a glass dish and put a fan on it for 24 hours to dehydrate the water, and the result would be a crystalline powder. I would frankly doubt it's GHB in solution. Finding real GHB in solution is rare these days. Even GBL is comparatively rare next to 1,4-butanediol (which is the most from of "GHB" -- though I'd argue that they feel distinctly different; it's more accurate to say that 1,4-butanediol produces GHB-like effects). Real crystalline GHB salt feels immensely cleaner. BDO feels like a shot of bottom shelf vodka + GHB. More nausea as well. In my lifetime I myself have had more 1,4-butanediol than real crystalline sodium GHB, because of the rarity of the latter. But having experienced real crystalline the difference is profound. Cleaner, brighter and more euphoric? more stimulating, and with less nausea, side-effects. But 1,4-butanediol definitely had unmistakable GHB-like effects (only accompanied with some other less desirable ones).

But in anycase neither, 1ml of GBL, 1ml of BDO or 1g of real crystalline sodium GHB will cause anxiety or dissociation. High doses of any of those can definitely cause dissociation, severe delirium and disorientation. Question is, who knows what's really in this liquid your friend has.
That calms my nerves, thank you! I might leave a few drops out (don’t want to waste it tho lol) and see if I'm left with salt.

I guess one question I have is the stimulation part. I don't feel like alcohol is stimulating...and I like that? Like it's not going to add any extra thoughts or anxieties. It shuts off the annoying part of the brain, yet still gives me the energy to go out dancing until 5am because...why not? lol. It's fuzzy but in a good way, because I feel like there's no chance of anything weird happening! I almost appreciate the fuzz? I don’t really experience any negative symptoms from it...I don’t drink until blackout or do anything I regret. I just want something similar? However, I wouldn't mind a LITTLE extra euphoria? lol. I can tell a clear difference with the exciting energy in your stomach that coke gives...but that's so euphoric I reserve it for once or twice a year. I'm thinking G will be once every 1-2 weeks.

I guess I'm just afraid of stimulation = increased heart rate. My body seems to be afraid of increased heart rate. I used to do poppers a lot, but one time (sober) my brain got freaked out about the heart rate blood pressure increase, and I kinda dissociated for like a year lmao. But if G is just alcohol + euphoria...how could anyone complain about that lol?

Honestly, I would love something that does what weed does for most people. Make music sound good, and increase stupid laughter? Weed does the OPPOSITE for me, lol.

Except if you make it yourself from (assured) pure GBL and NaOH. The reason most GHB is sold as solution is because its so Hygroscopic (absorb's moisture fro the air), to much hassle probably. So twhen lucky they give you the ammount of gram's GHB in 1 ml solution.

Side note GHB/ GBL did give me sleep paralyses on occassion. Which I never had before.