• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is there any risk of an intestinal blockage from crushing MS Contin?

TheTruantOne

Greenlighter
Hi all. New here.
Recently I've been taking three or four extended release 15 mg morphine tablets and crushing them, adding them to a glass of water, and consuming them all at once. It doesn't exactly get me high but it's enough to help my physical pain and depression. I notice that for the first hour or two after consuming them, I have some stomach pain, reflux, and general abdominal discomfort, although it subsides after a while. This got me wondering what all that waxy stuff might be doing to my digestive system. Is it possible that it can build up and cause a blockage? Has anyone heard of this happening? What is the safest way I can take these extended release pills orally and still get that instant gratification?
Thanks in advance.

I would ask your doctor but I don't think they would put shit in a pill that would cause intestinal blockage at any amount. The stomach discomfort could be from the general ability of opiates to cause nausea or from some of the binders or wax from the pills. It just doesn't make any sense to put something that would cause blockage in a pill people are supposed to take daily, but again ask your doc.

Thank you for your reply, although I don't think my doc would approve of me crushing them and would likely cut me off.

I doubt it. As said, they try not to add inactive ingredients that harm patients. Constipation itself could be an issue leading to obstruction but not the pills.

Opioids tend to slow down a lot of your body functions one being intestinal track so over sometime using (it varies person to person) u can get constipated which could be what's causing the discomfort feeling in your stomach some people have it so bad that there intestines will rupture and have to have immediate surgery as it's extremely deadly
I forgot another thing that contributes to the constipation is I can't remember exactly why but I know that when u use opioids u can get dehydrated easier which means that your body can't provide water In the intestines to help soften and lubricate the stole so that also adds to that

So no the waxy stuff won't clog u up but the drug can over time

Hope this helped

Isn't MS Contin packed in the same release method as old Oxycontin?

We have old formula Oxycontin still available here and when I used it recreationally I just let those pills soak in water for 12 to 24 hours and then drank the solution without taking the pills as I got a bad reflux symptoms when taking those pills along too.

Yes, constipation is definitely an issue for me, which doesn't help when I'm afraid of getting a blockage. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac I do admit. Stool softeners help a little though I'm thinking of asking my doc for a script for Miralax. It's cheaper that way than over the counter.
It has come to the point where the abdominal pains aren't really subsiding after a few hours. I've also been experiencing some serious nausea. Yes, it could simply be constipation, but it's pretty obvious that my digestive system doesn't like these extended release pills at all. Probably a good thing I'm almost out of them anyway.
Thanks everyone for your quick replies. Glad I joined this forum.

Normally I would agree with the other members when they say pharmaceutical companies wouldn't put in any binders or fillers that could cause the symptoms you're talking about but it actually happens to me as well! When I abuse opiates morphine is the only one that causes this but my stomach pains last a couple days it's very strange.

Yes, constipation is definitely an issue for me, which doesn't help when I'm afraid of getting a blockage. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac I do admit. Stool softeners help a little though I'm thinking of asking my doc for a script for Miralax. It's cheaper that way than over the counter.
It has come to the point where the abdominal pains aren't really subsiding after a few hours. I've also been experiencing some serious nausea. Yes, it could simply be constipation, but it's pretty obvious that my digestive system doesn't like these extended release pills at all. Probably a good thing I'm almost out of them anyway.
Thanks everyone for your quick replies. Glad I joined this forum.

Moderate to severe constipation can cause dizziness, nausea & make your abdomen hurt. Some people get hot flashes....it seems you need a few good bowel.movements.

I'm proud to say that I have expelled waste two days in a row now! You would not believe the euphoria I experience when I go to the toilet. Perhaps I don't have a blockage after all. Whew!