• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is there any point in trying weed after being on way too many psych meds?

Flowing

Bluelighter
I've been on way too many psych meds in my lifetime and they've been mostly downers. The highest I ever felt was when I started on Prozac but that didn't last long. I'll be coming off of all meds this year to allow my brain to attempt to repair the damage done by the psychiatric medications. I've never tried weed before and I'm wondering if I should try it while on my psych meds at least once just to say I tried it. However, I'm on mood stabilizing CNS depressants so I wonder if weed will do anything to me at all...

could you be more specefic with the drugs you are currently on,
if your uncomfortable because your shy about your condition i am diagnosed bipolar 2 with mixed manic episodes, and rapid cycling, i have obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, general anxiety disorder, acutepost traumatic stress disorder, seasonal affective disorder, and comorbid insomnia,
i am perscribed, 200mg of lamotrigine, 200mg of zoloft, 1mgx4 a day clonazepam, and 40mg a day methadone,

i find that cannabis mix's well with the clonazepam and makes my sleep extra nice, they have a synergistic effect, the same with cannabis and methadone, sometimes i even get a bit noddy from the combination of all if i havent been smoking alot recently,

asfar as i know cannabis does not cause respitory depression when mixed with cns depressants, but i may be wrong, i just know i have never had a doctor war me about mixing cannabis with my meds, but my doctor was a bit worried when i was first put on the clonazepam which i really do need

could you be more specefic with the drugs you are currently on,
if your uncomfortable because your shy about your condition i am diagnosed bipolar 2 with mixed manic episodes, and rapid cycling, i have obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, general anxiety disorder, acutepost traumatic stress disorder, seasonal affective disorder, and comorbid insomnia,
i am perscribed, 200mg of lamotrigine, 200mg of zoloft, 1mgx4 a day clonazepam, and 40mg a day methadone,

i find that cannabis mix's well with the clonazepam and makes my sleep extra nice, they have a synergistic effect, the same with cannabis and methadone, sometimes i even get a bit noddy from the combination of all if i havent been smoking alot recently,

asfar as i know cannabis does not cause respitory depression when mixed with cns depressants, but i may be wrong, i just know i have never had a doctor war me about mixing cannabis with my meds, but my doctor was a bit worried when i was first put on the clonazepam which i really do need

I'm currently taking Depakote ER and Klonopin with an Axis I diagnosis of bipolar NOS. Basically, I had SSRI induced mania and was lumped into the bipolar category. I'm interested in the cannabis + Klonopin combination for insomnia since that is a severe issue I am dealing with.

OP, I've been smoking heavy for over 7 years now and just a word of advice... cannabis can easily become a crutch as well and comes with it's list of its own side effects. If you at all have issues with social anxiety and panic attacks/rage like I do, I would recommend using cation. I never planned on smoking around an 8th a day and now I am having trouble stopping and still keeping my emotions stable. I am also going through a lot of things besides all that, so I know it complicates things. Also, the way it affects memory can make it difficult to socialize and learn new things, not that they aren't possible but I think I was much better at those things before I had started smoking. If your goal is to be clean and allow time to heal, I think smoking weed may hinder you there.

That all being said, the list of side-effects may very well be much shorter than when compared to most RXs and may be a good alternative. If I had to choose between side effects, I'd probably choose weed. For me, smoking weed helped with my trouble sleeping for the first year or so but when it becomes habitual and every night I don't think it truly benefits you. I'm pretty sure THC effects REM sleep, and not for the better. I could be wrong about that, but I know when I smoke at night I always wake up feeling groggy as hell.

One time wont kill you, just take it easy if you do.

blaze it 420.

on the real though. mafioso is right. its cool to relax, but if you find yourself smoking a joint every night to sleep, then every morning when you wake up, then maybe after lunch...... pretty soon you're smoking a bowl every hour.

i smoke weed 2-3 times a week.

I'm currently taking Depakote ER and Klonopin with an Axis I diagnosis of bipolar NOS. Basically, I had SSRI induced mania and was lumped into the bipolar category. I'm interested in the cannabis + Klonopin combination for insomnia since that is a severe issue I am dealing with.

Well usually if an ssri triggers an episode of mania it is a warning sign of bipolar, although just lumping you into NOS just means they aren't quite sure what they are dealing with, i never was prescribed depakote but i haven't heard of any contraindications aswell, depending on the area you live in you may be applicable for medical marijuana,
In Some people mania can be triggered by cannabis, and it can cause psychotic reactions/ anxiety reactions in some, I suggest talkiing to your doctor,
was your mania full blown? or an episode of hypomania,
Sorry if my post seems a bit cluttered mixed manic state my brains wires are all crossed and shooting rapid fire
do you drink alcohol? if so id advise you to stop, at least until you can determine weather you are better off without it

Well usually if an ssri triggers an episode of mania it is a warning sign of bipolar, although just lumping you into NOS just means they aren't quite sure what they are dealing with, i never was prescribed depakote but i haven't heard of any contraindications aswell, depending on the area you live in you may be applicable for medical marijuana,
In Some people mania can be triggered by cannabis, and it can cause psychotic reactions/ anxiety reactions in some, I suggest talkiing to your doctor,
was your mania full blown? or an episode of hypomania,
Sorry if my post seems a bit cluttered mixed manic state my brains wires are all crossed and shooting rapid fire
do you drink alcohol? if so id advise you to stop, at least until you can determine weather you are better off without it

i did forget to mention, clonazepam can sometimes take away from the the trippinest of the high, but it can also take away the associated anxiety with it,
Clonazepam in itself is a really addictive drug , make sure you are taking it as your doctor advises, and try not to take your maximum dose all the time, one mg clonazepam used to put me to sleep without question
now four all at once just gives me a slight floaty feeling, tolerance builds up much faster then cannabis, and comming off it it can lead to horrible withdrawal,

YES. You DEFINITELY will get high, and I don't think there is any psychiatric med that prevents people from getting high on weed. I should know I've been on every one of them, and stoned the whole time. You're gonna be SO high I'm jealous! Lol have fun! :)

I haven't been on too many meds/ or experimented with too many either. But from what i have been on and experimented with...

I agree with Mr_Fluffykins when he said that Benzos can take away the trippyness of the high. Maybe not with everyone but indeed me.

I dont actually suffer with unbearable anxiety to the extent some people do on this forum but for me smoking weed on benzos just sedatesnrelaxes me pretty hard and takes any anxiety i do have away.
Sometimes this is nice so i can just get into that pure idgaf mode and just chilli. . .

But if i wanted to socialize or ... do something like errands or just something. LOL i cant because I'm so apathetic about life in general on this combo. Not to mention on this combo i feel so slow like my IQ has been lowered by a significant amount. And my memory is super shot on benzos too.. I wouldn't want to do this combo other when alone and relaxing.

But the feeling i get is almost to the point where it feels like JUST the tired feeling you get from opiates....
Best way i can describe the feeling is when you have that ability to close your eyes and if you wanted to, completely relax without any worrisome thoughts or a racing mind fall asleep just about anywhere. This is rare for me to feel sober but with the combo of benzos and weed it comes naturally.

Weed alone for me is much more stimulating and perception changing.... I dont feel no where near as dumbed down as i am when i mix it with benzos. Cool story bro.

Oh. Was also on wellbutrin for a brief period for depression and anxiety. Smoking weed with this just seemed to induce social anxiety really bad.

I mean I'm a quiet person generally and also not boisterous when I'm stoned or sober. But I'm definitely not socially anxious. Im not scared or intimidated by social situations/environments when I'm stoned or sober at all. Been smoking weed for years just fine.
But when i used this combo i was socially anxious and i was mess when it came to conversing with people. id say the stupidest things in reply to people because i didnt know what to say, my brain didnt feel relaxed enough for free flowing conversation/thoughts, i overthought what to say, etc.
Really odd feeling especially seeing that i usually dont suffer from social anxiety.
Even wellbutrin alone did this tbh. Weed just worsened it.
Wellbutrin is a straight up stimulant if you really do your research even though big pharma have you believe its an NDRI . lol. First few days are amazing but they get you to take this stuff everyday like its actually an NDRI not a ketone related stimulant. And after like a week or two you guessed it your almost back to normal with a huge tolerance to wellbutrin. Not to mention, probably a lil bit of brain damage.

Are you quitting all your medicines including klonopin?
I bring up this one specifically because withdrawals from benzos aren't uncommon and usually results in increased anxiety.
Cannabis has also been known to raise anxiety levels. If you're going through withdrawals from your other medications; marijuana could trigger a panic attack, but this isn't always the case.

In all honest; there is little to little/no physical risk of harm when combining cannabis with.. much of anything really.
Out of all psychoactive substances available, TCH has one of the highest safety profiles, so the chances of you getting hurt are slim to none, but you should also take your mental health into consideration as well.

I recommend having a close friend with you if you decide to go through with it. one who can comfort you if things go sour. Don't put yourself in a place where you might be uncomfortable. And even if things do start to feel uncomfortable, just remember it is only a drug and the feeling wont last forever. Even if you feel like you might be dying (not uncommon for a cannabis induced anxiety attack) you'll be fine and things should return to normal in 3-4 hours tops.
Also take it slow. Only 1 or 2 hits for the first time. Remember you can always take more, but once it's in your body it stays there untill it's run it's course.