• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is There Any Cross Toloerance Between AL-LAD and DOC?

phuckingnutz

Bluelighter
Let me clarify...Is There Any Cross Tolerance Between AL-LAD and DOC?

I tripped on DOC Saturday afternoon/night and want to trip AL-LAD for the Perseids tonight or tomorrow.

Yes. AL-LAD and DOC are both 5HT2A receptor agonists, and will cause a cross tolerance to each other.
I think the tolerance for DOC is around 1 week, so you'll probably have less effects from the AL-LAD. I would wait another week until you take the AL-LAD.

all 5ht2a agonists will share cross tolerance

wait 2 weeks at least especially after taking full agonists- DOI is a full agonist yet wikipedia thinks DOC is partial at 5ht2a but can provide no citations to back it up.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24142203

hmm i'd tread cautiously although in truth i haven't with the 2c-x drugs

Yeah well personally I would recommend (from experience) to just wait a week - minimum - between tripping. There should not only be time for tolerance but also for integration of trips and the fact that it can seriously alter your perception and various other mental functions. Pofacedho has a point about full agonists which seem to be more potent, not only by weight or at eliciting strong psychedelic effects, but also other potentially serious effects from psychedelics like HPPD that may follow harder meddling with your receptors... (by the way do not overestimate yourself thinking that there is nothing to integrate. A trip does not have to be traumatic to need to integrate it! And integration of a trip can be a subtle and mostly subconscious process)
Some people find that between trips with 25X-NBOMe type drugs they need to wait about two weeks, although not everyone feels that way. Then again maybe not everyone knows what's good for them. I would look not only at whether you are able to achieve visuals again and things like that, but also consequences like I just mentioned.

Be careful and leave time in between. I'm gonna go ahead and say that the milder the compound is (2C-D, 2C-C etc) the more forgiving you might find them to be... but there are even serious 2C-X drugs. The heavier the psychedelic the longer the period afterwards IMO.

I'd consider AL-LAD a "medium" psychedelic like LSD and DOC a "strong" one.

Also dosage is a huge factor and YMMV.

Thanks everybody...I'll wait a week or two...the meteors will be cool straight too.

Personally I took 75 mics Al-Lad one evening followed by 2mg DOC the next evening.

I definitely didn't find the DOC to be as potent as I was expecting and put this down to tolerance.

Good luck with the perseids not seen any myself. Shooting stars are always fun :)

Yeah well personally I would recommend (from experience) to just wait a week - minimum - between tripping.

Be careful and leave time in between. I'm gonna go ahead and say that the milder the compound is (2C-D, 2C-C etc) the more forgiving you might find them to be... but there are even serious 2C-X drugs. The heavier the psychedelic the longer the period afterwards IMO.

Also dosage is a huge factor and YMMV.

I was heavily dosing 2C-P (13-20 mgs) with no regards to the time waited in between (I was young), sometimes redosing the very next day, and unfortunately it put me in a very, very, very bad space. It almost made me a completely different person. Even sober, I couldn't be sure if I was tripping or not sometimes. I would definitely agree that waiting at least a week between trips is vital, even if there is no tolerance or cross tolerance. If I had waited even a week between the 2C-P trips, not to mention the other psychedelics at the time, I probably would've tripped on P 1/4 of the number of times I actually did, and maybe this poster I have in my room wouldn't constantly shift no matter how sober I am. http://blacklight.blacklightcom.netdna-cdn.com/items/SVP1935/$file/L_SVP1935.gif I'm not kidding, either.

Literally the only psychedelic tht isn't cross tolerant with every other one is smoked DMT. As well, given DOC's duration it creates a slightly longer lasting tolerance then most psychs.

I thought the NBOMe's were the only full agonists though? Can't speak for DOI, but DOC certainly has a completely different feeling from NBOMe's, NBOMe's feel sketchy & superficial, and really don't take you out of this world at all, while DOC is the real deal, one of the few psychedelics I'd say competes with LSD, plenty of depth & that classic psychedelic "wholesomeness" even with all it's stimulant effects (which are part of the appeal to me).

Last edited:
This is the closest thread I could find regarding cross tolerance in relation to my query. I want to trip on DOPr real soon, but I just tried miprocin and lsd 2 days ago...

Hmm, I guess I'll get to the DOC first, since I can add moar of that if necessary.

Ah, my time is running out...since I go back to hell on 1/19/2016, I guess I'll quit the day before that. :(

:)

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I think that for some reason, the cross tolerance from AL use can be wicked, and kind of longer lasting than expected. Even after a 3 weeks off an AL run, taking HUGE quantities (500-750ug) of LSD seemed so muted and lame that I could have gone to court and faced a judge on it. I almost thought it was like a perma-tolerance for a while because it took so long to go away. Just 2 pennies worth...

Ive personally taken these chems days in a row, imo there is tolerance but alot less than between lsd and other psychs.
Usually lsd kills my tolerance for anything except more lsd for a few days after.

However i did 250ug of lsd on a friday night and then 4mg doc on saturday morning after a few hours of sleep.
The doc might have been slightly surpressed but i was still trippin ballz!