• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Is there an equivalent of "taking too little" being an issue with shrooms like with DMT?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I feel like my last few mushroom trips have been quite uneasy, I'm going through one right now, took 2.5g and have this... strange rush throughout my body. I feel like I could laugh and cry and fall asleep all at the same time, it's strange, but that's how the last few have been. I never really had a bad mushroom trip until last August. I guess I don't really plan these and I always take them in a not so great mood anyway... still curious though, I think either way I'd meet this body feeling, it's like I'm halfway to the universe but not quite there. I took 1.5g of these shrooms to test the waters the other night and didn't feel much so I figured I'd have some tolerance, I guess not really much though.

some factors that we do not know may act in preventing the dose from working as expected.

Normally I expect to regenerate my receptors that got used up on a mini-dose of 25 mics in 2-3 days, but sometimes I need 4 or 5 days to recover and get a bang out of it.

other days it works with one day between :shrug:

Yeah I've had days where the same dose of shrooms made me trip just as hard 2 days in a row (technically it was a chocolate bar but still, although some of these are WAY stronger than regular shrooms would seem). I wonder if some of them were 4-aco, but that should have the same kind of tolerance. Either way I know that isn't the norm though. This felt about what it should've felt like for 2.5g, but I have to wonder if it was just an 8th or 4g if I would've been tripping so much harder that it would've been more difficult to detect any strange rushing sensations throughout my body.

The last few times this has happened, I smoked DMT just to calm it down lol, that works for some reason. It's not a trip killer, it's a trip changer, and it helped last night though it was the last of my DMT for the time being. I'm gonna try and get some LSD soon and see if I have a better time, I only took it once in 2016 but I don't really remember feeling any kind of body feelings, hell I hardly could even feel my body, I was just a floating head. Mushrooms cause me to get hella fatigued at times too, last night especially. I felt I could've fallen asleep at any point, they seemed like they used to be more stimulating in general, but maybe I just had strains that happened to be.

It's definitively an issue with ayahuasca so it should apply to mushrooms as well.
Tim Leary's advices of "when in doubt, double the dose" was (I assume) for LSD

I think "strange rush" is simply a symptom of taking a psychedelic. Perhaps western rationalism plays a part too in forming the expectation of a purely cerebral event even though mind and body are intertwined so repression of corporality will only increase problems and thus likelihood of going through strange body stuff as awareness is boosted.

Psychedelics do not ignore bodily things but treat them with the same force as mental things. Neuroplasticity applies to everything in us. Habits including bad ones are inevitably ingrained in posture and tone, threatening to merge with our deep sense of self. Perhaps the strange body rush is a welcome process.

About DMT i agree that it is very pleasurable for the body. Maybe it's sigma activation that brings a certain warmth and grounding. I have yet to try it with another psychedelic. Looking forward to that.

In general yeah DMT has given me pretty much only pleasant experiences... however I just got carts from another friend of mine and tested the water with a short pull. WHAT THE FUCK! It's like 5 times stronger than whatever I was doing and I felt very uncomfortable although this would definitely be called taking too little anyway but either way I'm somewhat scared to go higher on it knowing just how damn strong it is, realizing that what I've been smoking/vaping is nowhere near the maximum potency.

So I guess I like rookie DMT better lol... I mean I wouldn't think this is 5-meo, pretty sure that made into an oil wouldn't have the same distinct floral taste. It's gonna take some getting used to this new one, that's for sure, but I'm glad I have more and it will certainly last me awhile.

But yeah, this strange rush feeling is something I never really got with shrooms prior to the last couple trips, it was always more stimulating and euphoric, something in my brain just isn't the same apparently or maybe after having done DMT (first time I ever noticed a heavy body sensation was after my first times doing it), the trip feels more like a constant lighter DMT trip where you have that "didn't do enough" feeling going on. Whenever I get some LSD I'm gonna have to see how that compares, I know it's more stimulating than shrooms or was the time I took it, and seems to be agreed on as more of a party/rave drug than shrooms.

The shit just gets me stoned tripping. Nothing will ever beat my 2nd trip on 5g of pretty weak shrooms where it was nothing but unbelievable laughter and euphoria, not very heavy visuals. I'd say it rivaled my first MDMA experience last August and in my head was better simply because it was just after finishing high school 11 years ago, kind of a high point in my life, and because I equivalate natural substances as just being better. Everything just felt perfect, I've never laughed more in one night.

Looking for any "good time" or entertainment is something we really have to be sporting about,
If we always "obtained" the same experience just because we ordered it, we could just stop making any special efforts and coast through life (perpetual winners of the trophy - nahhh)

I think the failures are like clouds with silver linings, kinda like resets to our lazy assed brains.
The frustration leads to more immediacy - to more living in the moment, and after that, nearly any dose is amazing again.

Of course the bitch is tolerance after access to good substances - did I mention I got some PE at a storefront on Queen St? nothing better than that:
Even though I would love to ride a mushroom again today, that I had some yesterday means that the next ride is not happening for at least 48 more hours, I may simply have to just go afoot, or maybe on a bike, to more pedestrian entertainments, but there is always SALVIA....

I'll see how I do with LSD whenever I can find some. My friend who can get it was experiencing the same issues with mushrooms and is fine with acid. Salvia though... good God, there was never anything enjoyable about that for me, except for watching my friend almost drink the bong and completely forget how to speak.

DMT is kind of similar but salvia lacks the sheer intense psychedelic visuals and is more like a living dream and can end up similarly hard to remember, I never had a good time on it. It was more fun to watch people do it on YouTube, this and just reading on erowid is why my friends and I decided to get it. Erowid was our bible.

I'm kind of excited but also scared to try the DMT batch I have right now, it's easily 5x stronger than what I've used over the last 2ish months where sometimes I'd just hit a ceiling. I don't think that's even possible with this, it would take nothing to break through. But I'm sure I'll get used to the potency over time, I just have to be careful. The rushing sensation isn't as pleasant with this batch as with the weaker one.

I feel like my last few mushroom trips have been quite uneasy, I'm going through one right now, took 2.5g and have this... strange rush throughout my body. I feel like I could laugh and cry and fall asleep all at the same time, it's strange, but that's how the last few have been. I never really had a bad mushroom trip until last August. I guess I don't really plan these and I always take them in a not so great mood anyway... still curious though, I think either way I'd meet this body feeling, it's like I'm halfway to the universe but not quite there. I took 1.5g of these shrooms to test the waters the other night and didn't feel much so I figured I'd have some tolerance, I guess not really much though.
Yup it's called dysphoria. Take too little and it's almost like your stuck in between the 2 states of awareness.

You should begin any trip with solid intentions of how you want it to go.
And I like to make a tea. Boiling water , let them steep for 20 minutes the drink it.
This is all IME/IMO . I've done A LOT of shrooms. A LOT
Take this as such.
Happy shrooming !

It's just something I never experienced before on any level. It's almost like doing a lot of DMT just changed how psilocybin affects me. I was going to try amanitas at some point soon, but probably LSD first which I haven't had in 7 years.

Tea is the way to go. Slowly sip it so your brain can acclimate itself to this foreign molecule. Never have a bad trip with tea.