• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is there a web browser for surfing the deep web? NOT the darknet.

phucked

Greenlighter
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. In lieu of the Homeless Thread subforum, I wasn't sure where else this might fit.

DISCLAIMER: People hear "deep web" and immediately think the darknet and its markets. That is not what I'm referring to here.

For those who don't know, read on. For those that do, skip to the last paragraph.
The deep web exists within the clearnet or "surface web." However, since the whole of search engines are owned by like.. three dudes; they have a lot of control over what gets pulled for a search query. Suffice it to say that money speaks -- as Google users now scroll an average of 55% down the first page of their search results in order to reach the first non-sponsored result. "Deep web" refers to clearnet sites you must be invited to, or must already know about and type into your query, such as Bluelight, Drugs-Forum, and Erowid (though it didn't used to be this way). This includes the first-ever internet drug market as well as random school websites made by various students in computer-adjacent fields of study.

The deep web is estimated to make up at least 75% of the clearnet. I am seeking a browser that only provides search results that Google, Yahoo, Bing, and DuckDuckGo would not. Does such a thing exist? TOR, i2p, etc are not what I mean. I want to be able to utilize this service alongside my regular internet activity and without all the extra steps of separatist purism required to move from clearnet to darknet activity. Thanks!
I am seeking an in-browser, clearnet search engine. Thanks!

If you're looking for a search engine that doesn't use algorithmic censorship of search results, then I'd recommend you presearch.com. You can find a lot that google, duckduckgo, bing, etc. hide from you.
I'm not aware of a browser that provides search results that the big name search engines do not. I personally use the Brave browser and I'm very happy with it.

If you're looking for a search engine that doesn't use algorithmic censorship of search results, then I'd recommend you presearch.com. You can find a lot that google, duckduckgo, bing, etc. hide from you.
I'm not aware of a browser that provides search results that the big name search engines do not. I personally use the Brave browser and I'm very happy with it.
I appreciate you greatly, thanks so much! Trying to use mainstream search engines to find competitors was absolutely exhausting. You can't even google basic phrases anymore, I hate it with the fiery burning passion of a thousand suns.
I'll check both of these out. Any idea what their tracking/cookies policies are?

Information that Presearch does NOT collect:

- Does not store your search terms.
- Does not track or store your GPS location.
- Does not use third-party cookies.
- Does not track users across sites.

Information that Presearch MAY collect:

- Any information you provide through your profile (name, nickname, avatar, etc.)
- Your email address
- Your password (one-way encrypted)
- Any information provided when making a purchase
- Account referrals
- The search engine providers you select
- Search events (when a search was conducted, how many tokens were earned, and which provider was used)
- Your IP Address
- Your blockchain wallet address if you submit or connect it to your account or use it for a deposit or withdrawal (I do not recommend you to use in-browser wallets. Always install them on your hard drive)

At the end of the day, ANY site can simply add a metatag containing <noindex> and <nofollow> so won't show up on most search engines. Some go further by not registering the domain so instead of a name, one has to enter the IP address.

Bots can still technically detect that their is SOMETHING at a given IP address but the next step is to build a site that doesn't use HTML but rather a proprietary format for which one would need a special browser, or at least a plugin for an existing browser to display the site.

As for SIPRnet, it's set up to only use trusted servers and so unless someone makes a serious mistake, you cannot access it.

Torch is a search engine for sites using the TOR protocol.

At the end of the day, ANY site can simply add a metatag containing <noindex> and <nofollow> so won't show up on most search engines. Some go further by not registering the domain so instead of a name, one has to enter the IP address.

Bots can still technically detect that their is SOMETHING at a given IP address but the next step is to build a site that doesn't use HTML but rather a proprietary format for which one would need a special browser, or at least a plugin for an existing browser to display the site.

As for SIPRnet, it's set up to only use trusted servers and so unless someone makes a serious mistake, you cannot access it.

Torch is a search engine for sites using the TOR protocol.
You're truly a very valuable member of BL, are you aware of that AlsoTapered? The sheer amount of knowledge you have on various topics is incredible. I learn something new every time you post a comment. Keep it up! :cheers: