• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

is there a strain that doesnt cause anxiety/nervous

HYDRO_CHRONIC

Bluelighter
ive enjoyed bud for the most part,but it seems I always get to nervous on it ,like im about to lose it

with all the advances made in marijuana I would think that there has to be a strain that helps with anxiety and stops you from getting nervous,or just doesn't cause any of the anxiousness

Fuck yeah! Of course there are!

I don't know any off the top of my head, though. Your best bet for this kind of thing, in my opinion, would be to go to the Leafly Explore search engine and search for strains that are known to give the desired effects you want (the site makes it super easy, just go there and you'll see what I mean.) Then take it one step further by browsing the results that come up, making sure to check the reviews, which come in description and a simple poll/survey-like form, to make sure nobody's reported any anxiety with the strain.

If searching yourself is off-setting to you, here's a search I already did using the effect parameters "happy," "euphoric," "relaxed" and "uplifted."

http://www.leafly.com/explore#/explore/tags-euphoric,happy,relaxed,uplifted?q=

I've found Leafly to be a useful tool and really think other people should know about it.

[Edit: Hell, just realized you can search by which medical conditions the strains are used to treat. Anything ranging from stress to insomnia, muscle spasms to pain. Couple that with a search for particular effects and you should be able to find exactly the strain you're looking for.]

^ Good choice

Hah, I use leafly all the time...great app. As mysterie said, OG kush or even a good deal of the numerous OG variants are easy on the paranoia. Some other strains that I find cause minimal anxiety are LA confidential, fire kush, hypnotic (probably the best well rounded strain tbh), grandaddy purp, skywalker, blueberry etc... With that said some people just don't tolerate cannabis and anxiety is possible on any strain really so don't expect miracles by switching strains, though making the leap from sativa to indica is a good place to start. I have GAD and haven't even glance at the sativa strains in dispensaries once I got my card renewed, I can honestly say that I've been better off ever since, YMMV.

Just as everyone else stated, you want an Indica, not a Sativa strain or a hybrid Sativa dominant strain. OG Kush is a fav of mine as far as Indica strains. But if you want something to really really sedate you with absolutely NO paranoia, look up Cataract Kush! That strain is the most sedating strain I have ever had, and I have had the opportunity to try maybe 70+ strains during my time.
However, I am one who will take a Sativa over an Indica anytime except near bedtime. I like the heart pounding Sativas!

That is one of the best things about Medical MJ, there is a strain type for everyone!

There is no strain for me, unless I learn how to enjoy feeling like I am dying with my heart racing a mile a minute and also suffocating. It used to chill me out but always came with bad side effects. Now I can't stand to be in a room where people are smoking, or even smell it at a concert just makes me sick personally because of how bad the addiction screwed up my life. I am sorry to say this because I used to love weed, but I am not sorry to say this because it was a sneaky little devil and completely fucked up my life which is a big deal to me since I don't like having my life ruined by an addiction to a silly plant.

For myself it has always been strangely actually much more addictive and destructive even than heroin somehow, although with that one I knew what I was getting into so I was able to consciously exercise self control from the start. With weed, I didn't have a damned clue what was in store for me, so I just chilled out and smoked as much as I wanted to, which turned out to be over an ounce a week of the best available herb in my realm, on top of a lot of hash oil dabs and imported hash. Somehow I never stopped to think, maybe that is a little too much since I was never using it medicinally (it doesn't help with my chronic pain). And then I realized that I could not quit without getting very, very sick and writing myself off for at least a couple months just to recover. One puff and it was back to square one. I had been quitting and relapsing for about 5 years once I finally managed to do it but I had to get a medical intervention which really sucked.

I don't smoke anymore - problem solved except that I get panic attacks now / live with extreme anxiety that I never had before, and it is obvious to me that this is a direct result of the cannabis abuse because I've never had anything remotely like that except after I quit. In fact it was the main reason that got me to quit, my reaction to the drug changed in a drastically negative way. Which makes me feel stupid, I wish I never touched the stuff and that's the only drug for which I will make that claim wholeheartedly. Nonetheless, I have my life back on track as a nice looking package of damaged but hopefully recovering goods. Another few years down the road, maybe my brain will heal up but it's tough to say. That darn weed captured my soul for a while though, and it scarred my brain with long term effects.

Last edited:
There are but you'd have to research them as other people wrote.

Maybe you are smoking, vaporizing, or eating too much if you're getting anxiety or panic? Just take 1-2 small tokes from the joint/pipe/bong, or vape, or if you eat cannabis just eat half or a quarter of the prepared food. You can always smoke/vape/eat more later.