• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is there a forum for chemistry and synthesis?

d1nach

Bluelighter
Hi, I am interested in the chemistry of making compounds. But, if I understand correctly talk of synthesis is against the rules in this forum. So I was just wondering of there is a section on this site or maybe a different website which Does Allow General Discussion of things like sandmeyer reaction, oxidation, reduction, ect. Thanks sorry if this is in the wrong spot I just wanted to ask because I want to try to respect the rules as much as possible.

The first rule of the subforum for chemisty and synthesis is that you do not talk about the subforum for chemisty and synthesis...

Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion =
Discussion of Journal Articles, Drug Science and Other Theoretical Topics

Bluelight does not allow drug synthesis discussion. If there is a specific topic you're unsure of, you can message one of their moderators beforehand.

Chemistry discussion is allowed, but not in regards to synthesis or drug manufacture.

Drug extractions are fine to discuss, and a worthy topic from a harm reduction perspective, but anything to do with synthesis is best discussed elsewhere.

Does that make sense?

We oughtta toss your from our little Headshop for asking such a question. Believe me OP, I think it would be sweet to have a chemistry/synthesis section here on Bluelight. I've done 2 "simple" syntheses in my life with the help of a best friend who is better at Math/Chemistry than myself. Since that point, I've been pretty obsessed with the "building blocks of life". I haven't since done anything like that, but just reading about the material in a theoretical sense is still exciting to me.

For this reason, I have read through the Rhodium archives a few times. There are some cool resources therein. There are other similar forums online that may have the information you're looking for.

If we start organizing as a collective for the purpose of propagating synthesis and chemistry information, we could get in trouble. It's all fun and games I feel, when we discuss our drug use and acknowledge it. I don't think what we do here would ever be enough to roust the pigs from their sty. If we were the intellectual catalyst for multiple drug production operations throughout the world, I think some people might get pissed and potentially go out of their way to give us shit.

We already know that conservatives have a pretty well-inflated view of what it actually is we do here. We don't need to be giving them any more fodder.

My suggestion is to download a tor browser and check out the dark Web. Just browsing for fun, iv found quite a few guides to make meth and such. Also found some very well written guides for lsd.

Ahhh ok thanks. Ya rhodiums great. I remember watching a video of cops hassling alexander shuligin for having hydrochloric acid ! Ya i was talking more like synthesis of dopamine, making proteins, making lipids rather than actual making drugs but it sucks anything in a beaker is automatically seen by the majority as just tryn to make meth because they saw something that bubbled in breaking bad

I'm sure you could also find stuff like that if you looked hard enough. I just assumed you meant drugs since, yknow, this is a drug forum

Ahhh ok thanks. Ya rhodiums great. I remember watching a video of cops hassling alexander shuligin for having hydrochloric acid ! Ya i was talking more like synthesis of dopamine, making proteins, making lipids rather than actual making drugs but it sucks anything in a beaker is automatically seen by the majority as just tryn to make meth because they saw something that bubbled in breaking bad

If youre just wanting to do synthesis for fun, you might look for organic chemistry teaching lab protocols. They're usually fun experiments and not nearly as tedious as what you might see in a research setting.

I remember making some really pretty crystals in my organic chemistry labs. Phenytoin is a "drug" that's pretty easy to synthesize. It's not a recreational drug by any means, but it might be fun if you're just interested in doing some chemistry :)

Removed link

I removed your link as the OP clearly states he doesnt wish to create illegal compounds also this is a harm reduction site it would be advisable to avoid linking such material.PM me if you feel otherwise however, I just feel google is best for direct links. I mean no offense :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i know im bump an old thread... but want to add...
I love organic chemstry discussions, here is not the place.
I was studying for biochem engineer, few years ago and in january im starting from zero as pharmaceutical chemical biologist professional studies.
There are even people outside professional, formal, or "educative" circles, involved in the discussion, most of them have a solid basic understanding of the most common methods and reactions of the oranic chemstry. If you understand organic chemstry basics and have acess to put it in practice, you are generally a student, or can be a nice hobby if you have the money and like to learn about chemstry, you cant learn to "cook" becouse you will be busted in seconds, in my country the mafia controls the ilegal production, so its better to get that topics in the scientific places, not here in bluelight...