European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Is there a food thread?

Marmz

Bluelighter
If so, can yer merge this please 'staff', ;p (I looked for one but couldn't find it, honest guv).

Eh, signing off for the night after this post before I embarrass myself further ...

So, tonight Mathew, I'm currently indulging in my Valentines 'intimate dinner fer one' with a bag of ASDA mixed lettuce*, 4 slices of wholemeal bread and a tube of primular cheese and chive squeezy cheese.

Seriously, come get me fellas, I'm all yours ; p <3

* and I had to look up the spelling of lettuce and all, cuz I thought it had an 'i' in it!

[edit]

I also have a carton of Pimento olives with Iberico cheese

I fucking love olives and a salad haha. I had mince and tatties I made for me and the man 😆 I am munchied just now lol

he fuckin loves olives and salad, shet. They're nice, add some cheese to that and a bit of salami you're off with one fuckin solid breakfast. It goes great with omlettes and yeah there's food thread all around the forum, there's one in the lounge if u can't find any in the above social sub-categories.

Making Peri peri chicken with homemade chips tonight. And tomorrow having a go at Chocolate banana pancakes 😍

Scotland 😂 so not a traditional dish here but one of my absolute favourites. That and chilli. I marinate it in the oven with peppers and onion.

big up tha 'metoo' olive crew <3

And, successfully consider me syphoned off to tha Lounge nosh thread when I'm in a nosh posting mood in the future

Actually none of you should be eating meat, excep fish as they're really stupid and don't count. Also, you should only eat a purely paleo diet and cook absolutely nothing, otherwise you're contributing to not only the destruction of yourself, but ultimately the planet.

... Only joking, how fucking annoying are those people? Bout worse than people trying to force a diet down your neck.

I absolutely adore salad and I grow some + veg and herbs, including some quite 'exotic' stuff (I mean I'm not being green fingered, half of it perishes through sheer neglect or lack of planting in time, but I get enough to supplement my salads all year round), and make them absolutely delish because of it.

I just find it weird that there is some much in the way of often indigenous salad/veg/herbs available to us that seem rarely considered in the cultural pallet whatever you call it. It's like many of the older generations sort of forgot about vegetables, salads and herbs and the vast amount of ancient, designed, British food that is available, usually having a sort of childish "urgh that's icky" kind of attitude.

My recommendations for a good salad:
Lots of mint leaves
Lots of apple mint leaves <3
Mustard leaves: very spicey, especially certain types. Dull salad leaves no more.
Dill: plant one and it grows year after year surviving the winter and growing meters into the year (just chop it back).
Chives: Plant some and you can just cut them to the bottom and they come back, zero maintenance. The purple flowers can be used in salad and have a nice flavour and give contrast.
Chilly is essential.
Pepper seeds can be sprinkled on salad for texture and nutrition. Most people throw them out.
Seeds: spray them in oil and let it soak in a bit to soften the crunch, but imo they are essential to texture.
Flaked/whole almonds: as above
Sorrel: grows back year after year, tastes like lemon spinach.
Yarrow: absolutely lush, goes very well with mint.
Chinese chives: taste garlicy
Welsh onions: more palatable than raw onion in a salad, they're just bunches of big green leaves. sort of like spring onions but grow indefinitely in big bunches.
Amaranth: looks like this, tastes lush:
d73bbc7826c0bdfb1e7344729ba5a096.jpg

It's also really easy to make falafel (I tend to make it very, very spicy) and it can be used as a meat substitute or mixed with meat.

Marinated meat: speaks for itself. Just oik, herbs, mustard, a bit of sauce, salt. You don't have to leave it over night or any of that shit.

I really really love salad. People who say it's crap have never had a decent one.

It's friday so be cooking a lamb chop curry cooked slow takes about 4 to 5 hours. It's one good thing I have left of my dad he taught us, brothers, how to cook it the original meat is goat but my Punjabi had no goat left so lamb chops it is. Always has to be meat on the bone because the bone is where you get the good gravy part of curry. Will have rotis and a yougurt with cucumber onion and corriander raita with it the only variation i am taking from a traditional punjabi curry is i use scotch bonnet chilis instead of green finger chilis because scotch bonnet peppers have more flavor