• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is there a big risk of serotonin syndrome from candyflipping?

gonzohst

Bluelighter
Can combining LSD and MDMA result in any dangerous serotonin related issues? I read a few threads and saw that it could be possible to cause some harm, but how high does one have to dose to come close to any danger?

I was thinking of trying 200 mics of LSD and 150mg of MDMA for my first candyflip

I am not aware of it being an issue. Candyflipping can be extremely intense but I don't think it causes serotonin syndrome. What causes serotonin syndrome is releasers (like MDMA) mixed with reuptake inhibitors, other releasers, or things that increase serotonin. Classic psychedelics like LSD bind to serotonin receptor sites, they don't release or increase serotonin.

Please correct me someone if I'm wrong, I'm no neuroscientist.

Not more risky than taking MDMA by itself. Serotonin agonists don't cause serotonin syndrome when mixed with serotonin releasers.

That specific mix there is a little to non existent risk.
If you are taking MAOI's however then there is definitely a risk.
As previously stated serotonin agonists like LSD do not cause an increase in serotonin levels unlike MDMA or cocaine

I was even told that 5ht2a agonism is neuroprotective in the case of MDMA neurotoxicity but I'm not sure exactly why or how

There is no risk of serotonin syndrome unless you overdose the MDMA, as LSD is a serotonin agonist rather than a releaser or reuptake inhibitor, and isn't dangerous to mix with a releaser like MDMA.

That said, one thing that's worth bearing in mind is that sometimes other substances are passed off on blotter as LSD (as well as other substances being sold wrongly as MDMA) - so it is very important that you're sure that what you have is in fact LSD and MDMA if you want to be certain you're taking a safe combination.

The 25x-NBOMe series for example is very commonly found on blotters sold as "LSD" and they make seizures quite likely, cause vast spikes in blood pressure, and generally interact badly with other drugs, so combining them with MDMA could be dangerous or even fatal - so you don't want to end up with them instead of LSD for example. A test kit like Ehrlichs reagent test kit can ensure you have legitimate LSD, and if you can afford it, sending a hit of each blotter off for professional lab testing is even better and can additionally sometimes give you some extra info like the dosage of your hits. :)

If you have no access to any method of testing your blotter, then I would avoid combining it with anything if you aren't sure what it is - and stick to 1 hit or less, as sometimes the NBOMe blotters can be very high dosed, and I've seen just 2mg (which can be as little as 1.5-2 blotters in many cases, or less..) put friends of mine in hospital.

Hope this helps.

have been wanting to candyflip for some time now. Was thinking on trying to get both drugs to peak at the same time, any advice?

have been wanting to candyflip for some time now. Was thinking on trying to get both drugs to peak at the same time, any advice?

t= 00.00 ingest LSD
t= 03.00-3.30 ingest MDMA.
t=04.00 - 4.30 = 8o 8(

You could ingest the MDMA earlier as well, but this will cause the MDMA to wear off before the acid has really worn off.

I'd say: no not serotonin syndrome but yes instead serious chances of potent synergy that can lead to rolling very hard and tripping very hard. And that would include signs of having very stormy serotonin activity (among other things), with a higher chance of: - confusion, eyes rolling back into your head, hyperthermia, 'spiritual experiences', OOBEs, lapses of contact with reality. Not necessarily immediately dangerous (although I guess the synergy heightens the chances of standard risks involved with MDMA and LSD use), but still symptoms that are found on the further end of the spectrum so to speak. Those emoticons kinda cover it yes St3ve :D