• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is the vaporizer much more efficient than another smoking ?

prozapro

Greenlighter
I will have probably written medical MJ. The way she is. Will the vaporizer get more out of it than eg a pipe? How much more ?

It's a different type of high.

I find smoking flower in a joint to give you more of a "stony" and relaxed feeling, while vaping is more potent and for me, anxiety provoking.

Vaping is supposedly more efficient, though, but that doesn't make it better. I would try both if i were you.

Vaping is the healthier of the 2 options if that matters to you.
The difference is that you will not be burning the plant material, and therefore you will not be inhaling the byproducts, and the vapors are also much cooler.

Regarding effects, vaping will hit you a bit slower compared to pipes and bongs, and will be more efficient.

Salutations ProzaPro,

Will the vaporizer get more out of it than eg a pipe?

It's quite possible to get both the vaporizer and pipe as a single device: e.g. under the form of a vaporizing pipe! Then there's also e-Cigs (as in "vaping") besides popular "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" (as in mainstream "vaporizing"), though the later type may happen to systematically induce discomfort which would feel like some wasteful + unsatisfying experience IMO (YMMV)... More precisely, preliminary observation caused me to realize Inlet Water felt more accomodating in terms of human physiology variations, then self-moisturizing juice may be the next best option for guys who don't mind about it.

How much more?

There's are trade-offs to be made between quality and quantity. For example my use of a performant "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" as the HerbalAire table unit required ~300 mg just to obtain a proper sense of aroma/taste, while the level of extraction can be misleading simply because of an implicit "cheat" effect which results from an attempt to turn its whole bowl into "vapor". Eventually i came to consider this as a self-vilification vector once i understood the "fumet" from noble trichome glands was actually mixed with potential contaminants infusing through not-so-noble vegetal tissue, which ain't necessarily desirable. Etc, etc... In other words a boost of cloud opacity may even end up being perceived positively, depending on what we're after.

Personally i chose to customize the VaporGenie pipe until i managed to render it operable by practically ANYONE while it helps to avoid discomfort, except perhaps for those who don't breath anymore... One issue with it is that Inlet Water comes from clean-burning butane which itself involves trace contaminants from the associated fuel container and lighter (relatively to lubricants but not only). So, it's no big deal unless it's for chronic purist applications, while it can provide an experience of great value in exchange for a modest investment. Departure from VG's original ritual combined to a redesigned core allowed me to replace the not-so-clean yellow flames of a bic lighter with some improved (blue) dual-flames torching adapted for pulse mode, or what i call "Micro-Bursting" as it targets minute elements of the frosty trichome layer in absence of thermalization, on the basis of their mass/size... That's how 1 g approximately divides as 6 ~ 8 bowls each then generating 2 ~ 3 rewarding tokes per bowl, followed by 2 ~ 3 more which shifted from aroma/taste appreciation to complementary CBD-friendly extraction i might say.

?

M'well, it's a never-ending semi-DiY experiment and i invited DUPLICATION + PEER REVIEW years ago...

To conclude i'd recommend to avoid all forms of vilification by aiming for "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation", in respectful consideration of mother Nature's precious gift and that's trichome glands delivering noble substances which patiently collected at the site of genesis on a molecular basis, hence there can be no equivalent filtration at such unbeatable cost IMHO!

On another hand we live in a world where "tumbled" mari-caca has a significant part of its trichomes removed anyway, so it's still likely others will prefer the artificially boosted opacity of an ovenizer. It would depend how one defines vilification i guess...

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Agree that vaping can be more anxiety provoking at times. It's a purer, "punchier" feel in my opinion.

Quite possibly it's this way for anxious smokers confused enough to fail in discriminating multiple self-filification vectors:

Agree that vaping can be more anxiety provoking at times. It's a purer, "punchier" feel in my opinion.

Vaping, depending on the temperature used and other details, might extract less CBD than smoking.
THC boiling point is 130C and CBD's is 180C.

Salutations Phobos,

THC boiling point is 130C and CBD's is 180C.

I'm not too sure what that means in absence of thermalization but i'm certainly curious to explore similar assumptions using 2-Heater scenarios similar to the Sublimator of Enrico Bouchard. Personally i'd even push the idea to a point where "Release", "Transport" and "Activation" no longer occur as a single process. E.G. with separate control over each step...

Good day, have fun!! ☮

What I meant is that by using a vaporizer it is possible to extract more or less of the CBD, thus changing the effect profile of a given cannabis strain.

Hi again Phobos,

The customized VG pipe does give me the impression its cannabinoïds profile differs from what i used to get from the HerbalAire, which is slow 'n steady. But instead of seeking deep activation as from my table ovenizer it still felt OKay if pulse mode resulted in less activation and more precursors, as long as a tiny bowl could also offer a reasonable amount of aroma/taste appreciation as well. The trade-off was that i no longer worry with "T-Breaks" while benefits are felt over a longer period that measures in days instead of hours. Having a pair of tops with different behaviours i alternate frequently to break monotony while increasing my chances to access a larger diversity of noble molecules. At my age a transition to this present ritual from some paradoxal obcession for the ultimate buzz progressively installed kind of naturally, though once in a while i do miss having a cold nose just by smelling potent resin. Anyway the HA machine makes me miserable in no time these days, so i feel lucky to have any alternative at all.

Although the old tokeu of my smoker days prevented burns and leaks it still had me feel like i was rushed by the lack of time, which is the opposite of what i got now. If the body could manage with it and my need to buzz were too great i'd just respect cannabis for what it is and try LSD instead, as i recall i calmed that sort of urge for a long while, bringing peace into chaos each time. That was a long time ago and it passed eventually...

The pipe toking habit may be based on "Micro-Bursting", it's better appreciated in my rocking chair while contemplative. I may have caused a shift of the THC/CBD ratio where THCa/THCv leaves a bowl 1st, followed by a tiny amount of activated CBD simply because it remained longer inside and hence got heating somewhat longer. That's one good reason to think of sampling analysis as suggested previously, because i'm curious enough to wish i knew.

The idea Bouchard's 2-Heater scenario inspired me the Near-Symetrical Reversible LAVACapsule concept where both energy sources would combine to explore processes in sequence, with more focus on THC/CBD ratio variation using nuggets from a same batch, only that's such lengthy ride under the circumstances and i ain't even played with induction so far.

Here's how i envision this type of experiment nonetheless, starting with an external description:

Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - About Mass Ratios (2019-Jul-7) [480x350] .PNG

My LAVACapsule was meant to have 2 slightly different Hybrid Core, fresh air could enter via one side and exit at the other end after passing through Instead a 2-Heaters application would imply that fresh air enters from both ends and converge towards a central collector symbolized by black dots on some middle Bowl Ring that remains hypothetical so far.

Now this is the magnetic part inside:

Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - Susceptor to Flux Concentrator Mass Ratio (2019-Jul-18) [300x300] .PNG

It's "Bi-Energy" compatible to a point where "Plan-B" and "Plan-B" would conveniently co-exist during a very same toke, to keep the benefit of Inlet Water. Controlled "Hot-Spotting" would target both 17-Holes Metal Discs, the large mass difference being exploited to concentrate magnetic flux while also delaying temperature raise in that special type of "Bowl Ring"... The SiC Foam pellet illustrated below would ensure the Heat Charge is conserved until ready to inhale, with 2 pairs of convective/radiative vectors changing direction at a 90 degrees angle if "fumet" is to be collected at the center, or using only 1 Hybrid Core (Tc1) to perform "Release" + "Transport" while futher "Activation" occurs when the cannabic cloud reaches my 2nd Hybrid Core now working as a post-vaporization self-cleaning filter (Tc2) i figure:

Egzoset's LAVA Bi-Energy Near-Symetrical Capsule in Reversible Mode (2018-Jul-4) [300x274] .PNG

Take note that separate containment of the central collector then P2 disables these 2 optional features, leaving a reversible capsule that heat from the bottom then re-heats before a fumet goes through its bottom. With TC2 controlling the amount of energy made available for post-re-vaporization and possibly deep activation as well.

Of course i must admit there's a lot more in my plate than i planned initially. For example food-safe Curie alloys in suitable temperature ranges have to be found, then mass adjustments would be required to keep it safe for distracted fingers, etc. The to-do list on my mind tells me that's too much challenge for a single man, hence my desire to pass the flag, with plenty of new adventures awaiting intrepid minds with plenty of time, energy and resources to spend over some original cause.

;)

Ultimately optical probing combined to chemical analysis should provide useful information as to how cannabinoïd ratios can be modulated instead of depending on genetic selection alone. My hope being that part of this intuition makes sense at all.

Good day, have fun!! ☮