• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is the term "Black Market" socially unacceptable?

assclass

Ex-Bluelighter
Given 2020, I am unsure if it is socially or legally acceptable to use the term "Black Market".

I dont exactly know what you mean by 'socially unacceptable' - I mean, you wouldnt be shouting the term from the roof-tops. Not many people use the term to be honest. One doesnt announce 'I'm going out to buy my Heroin from the local Black Market - I'll be back in an hour or eight" even though that's precisely what they're doing.

You'll turn certain heads if they heard you mentioning that term though, so if thats what you mean then yes - its both socially and legally unacceptable to use the term.

Goods are called either market, grey market, or black market goods, it has nothing to do with race, its about trademarks or contraband.

SInce it clearly refers to something like 'in darkness', 'concealed', ' in secret', 'undercover' or 'obscured from view' I think we are still PC-ok - but the way things are going I'm sure some of the woke folk will take offence anyway.

Personally 99 % of the people I meet in the black market are white or asian so a racial connection hard to make - might be different in other locations.

its called the black market because it is not seen... not because of black people... wtf...

its referencing light levels not skin color

holy fucking shit

should I start a movement called BLACK MARKET MATTERS?

you know what the next time I see black tar heroin I'm going to go on a fucking political social justice warrior rampage.... then watch the mexican mafia kill me

I'm also very, very offended and if I ever become a mod I'd slam the ban hammer for even mentioning Voldemort by name. Watch out, it may happen!

I am inferring some people feel we need to refer to the illegal market in a politically correct way now? Are you kidding me?

I'm all for people being able to feel pleasant but some things simply exist in a rougher context where hurt feelings are the least of anyone's worries.

Oh and "Grandfathered" being changed to "Legacy Status" gave me a chuckle

I feel like the current PC trend is for people who want to feel good about themselves and feel like they're helping the world, without actually having to do anything (at least anything truly useful).
There are some specific cases where it's justified, but otherwise it has become a massive circle jerk IMO.

I am partial to sanity check -> quick check, confidence check, coherence check. Lest we offend those whom are insane.

All this hating and instigating,
segregation and altercation,
alienating me from my nation.