• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is the "pupil test" an OK way of eyeballing, so to speak, your fentanyl dose?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
Got a few chunky yellow rocks that look like anything but opioids. I remember when getting highly pure actual H was common...but I digress. My pupils shrink only under the influence of opioids and benzos. Whatever this is, if I smoke tiny bits off of foil and suck thru a straw - then check my pupils afterward? Is this a reasonable way of ensuring I'm not about to die?

I have a very high opiate/benzo tolerance, currently taking 160 mg methadone (recently down to 155) but started out on 220. Even before, I had knee surgery once, and the nurse, doctor or whomever it was had to keep giving me shot after shot of hydromorphone that it was getting embarrassing. "you're still lucid, talking, not slurring, so some people just need more than others" she said.

This is far from ideal. But is it possible to go straight from relatively small-pupiled to death with nothing in between, with just one more smoked bump? I have always been extremely careful - starting with the lowest amount of any substance, but especially a new one. Because of that, I have ever OD'ed once after 15 years if using (no feeling shitty, blacking out, or dying of course). I definitely feel the opioid buzz now so there's def. a mu agonist in there. My guess (and based on public warnings) is that it contains Fentanyl, Etizolam, caffeine, and some other drug caked in there, based on personal experience and police reports. I did just the toniest crumb. I can see how dangerous it is if someone smoked a whole rock - they would be dead. I'm sure there's either benzos or etizolam in there as well, accounting for so many OD's. I happen to be heavily addicted to eti right now too, so hopefully that will be ok.

But the question remains, can you stop breathing suddenly without pinpoint pupils? Mine get smaller with each tiny bump I smoke. What's the safest way to use this?

To a point (no pun intended) degree of miosis has a pretty direct relationship with degree of narcosis, but not necessarily respiratory depression (especially if benzos or alcohol is involved). Additionally, some opioids depress breathing more so than others so again this test fails in this regard depending on the opioid. Fentanyl actually causes quite a bit less respiratory depression than heroin or morphine in terms of equianalgesic effect but tends to be more dangerous on the street due to sheer potency

Not good test to determine if you have had enough.

That said, on a personal note, if ive taken a narcotic of an unknown strength (like most recently, a batch of poppy seed tea) and my pupils aren't pinned i know i haven't dosed high enough. But this is playing with fire and again unreliable. I used to have an incredible tolerance (once having a 20mg IV fentanyl habit ontop of a 380mg/day methadone dose and benzos) so even nowadays though I'm not dependent on opioids, when i take something i have a pretty "high" standard.

But no, your approach is not safe.

Sure im still alive, but for everyone one of me are many, many tragedies.

Please help if you can, I woud really appreciate it. Any safe way to take this substance wouldbe great.

High five on the optical puns. Thank you so much for contacting me ❤️ You really have a way of seeing through a situation with expert clarity. Without looking back, you enlightened me with your 20/20 hindsight.

😁

seriously though, I know this is hardly a scientific way of judging this. It’s just interesting to think about if you have no other way of knowing for sure. I live alone. That makes the Naloxone I have pretty much useless. After all, even if I had so much gent that I started to feel dizzy and got a huge rush, I’m not likely to use Naloxone unless I TRULY know I’m about to die instead of just getting a huge rush. Therefore I would not put myself in withdrawal hell of the worst possible degree all at once and less I think I’m going to die, right? Same goes for calling emergency services.

I think that the best way to handle using alone is the lifeguard app on your phone. You register, sign in before you’re about to use - especially a new drug, unknown drugs, etc. You’re than expected to update them after you’re done using. If they don’t hear the expected update, you got a shrill warning in your ears for a minute or so. If there still no reply, They automatically contact your local emergency services. Excellent idea. If your brain is really deprived of oxygen for that long however-any more than five minutes-you’re pretty much fucked anyway long term. There would be some degree of brain damage but you would be alive. I guess it depends on the exact app and how soon paramedics can get to you.

The real answer is that you shouldn't be smoking fentanyl ontop of methadone.

Yet i did the same thing, and worse (by injecting it). But eventually i stopped.

You're asking: what's the safest way to play with fire?

The safest way would be to perhaps dissolve it in water to eliminate hotspots and use as a nasal spray but that has a different set of dangers due to risk of blood level accumulation from the intranasal ROA (over smoking, which can be more fine tuned, if you're lucky).

Actually, I have not had a dose of methadone since Tuesday morning. That was the reason I bought this, otherwise I never would. In general, I just want to get to a normal life and get off all the shit Period with a high enough tolerance though, I can see why you would do that but I absolutely refuse to inject anymore. That was the only way I took my age but this was back when H where is actually more or less what it was supposed to be. At least the active ingredient was. I get taken advantage a lot for total amount in purity. Are you saying that every rock I do brings me closer to blacking out? Because to be honest I feel the opposite; I got quite the rush at first when I used a decent enough amount, finally. Now I don’t really feel much of anything except the taste of it.

But you raise an interesting point. If I were to take one of the larger rocks and crash it to a powder, dissolve in water and then use a syringe to transfer it to an old unused bottle of nasal spray, would that work as in taking a spray whenever I felt withdrawal setting in? The only thing is, if this doesn’t work or it’s too weak, I’ve wasted my entire supply. It’s very strong when smoked. I have always been both careful and paranoid. Not as careful as people who do things like test their supply and then do volumetric delusions, but I certainly start with the smallest possible amount and work out from there. But as a nasal spray I’m not so sure. How does it compare to smoking? Thank you for so many of your answers and help exclamation

Actually, I have not had a dose of methadone since Tuesday morning. That was the reason I bought this, otherwise I never would. In general, I just want to get to a normal life and get off all the shit Period with a high enough tolerance though, I can see why you would do that but I absolutely refuse to inject anymore. That was the only way I took my age but this was back when H where is actually more or less what it was supposed to be. At least the active ingredient was. I get taken advantage a lot for total amount in purity. Are you saying that every rock I do brings me closer to blacking out? Because to be honest I feel the opposite; I got quite the rush at first when I used a decent enough amount, finally. Now I don’t really feel much of anything except the taste of it.

But you raise an interesting point. If I were to take one of the larger rocks and crash it to a powder, dissolve in water and then use a syringe to transfer it to an old unused bottle of nasal spray, would that work as in taking a spray whenever I felt withdrawal setting in? The only thing is, if this doesn’t work or it’s too weak, I’ve wasted my entire supply. It’s very strong when smoked. I have always been both careful and paranoid. Not as careful as people who do things like test their supply and then do volumetric delusions, but I certainly start with the smallest possible amount and work out from there. But as a nasal spray I’m not so sure. How does it compare to smoking? Thank you for so many of your answers and help exclamation
Sorry for the mistakes. I dictated that all on my phone. Age = H

I don't know what fentanyl nasal spray is like because ive never tried it. I've only smoked, eaten or injected fentanyl intravenously.

That said, fentanyl nasal sprays should work well and is probably the best way to administer it. Once you have a desired concentration and a feel for what one or two sprays does you can custom tailor the amount. It also helps account for the hotspots (which is what usually kills you when it comes to street fentanyl). The paradox is that fentanyl is technically safer than heroin but due to the way in which it is sold on the street and its extreme potency, it results in more accidental overdoses.

You're fighting a losing battle here though and I'd reevaluate the whole thing.

And the 20mg of fentanyl i was using was pure pharmaceutical so im not sure what that would equate to in terms of street fentanyl but it would probably be a good quantity.

Somehow i never overdosed on opioids, even in concert with substantial benzos use. But i was the exception. Oddly enough i wound up seriously overdosing a few years later on etaqualone of all things (a "quaalude" analog), which by the way, i smoked. I stopped breathing and then my heart stopped -- I woke up from a coma 6 days later in an ICU. Didn't see that coming 🤔

Yeah I’ve seen something similar on an RC site. Really sorry about what happened to you.

I’ve always been very careful as well. Used heroine from different sources from around 2009 to 2014 and never OD once. Like I said earlier, I’m talking never even just feeling lousy or throw up from having too much.

yet after 8 to 9 years of methadone, this is just nuts. I have chunks here that are around the size of pebbles. Yet I will only smoke around the size of a grain or two of sand. Still, inhaling the smoke is giving me crazy rashes I haven’t felt in years, and a pretty nice after effect too. Does that just mean it’s really pure? Or that I am basically frying my methadone tolerance? I would still never use one of the rocks. Nor would I IV. Even though I have rigs around from Naloxone and other RC sites I’ve ordered from for testosterone, the high from smoking is just as good or at least seems like it, as some of the best H I ever IVed. If you have any insight to this, that would be greatly appreciated. I’m getting a bit concerned of course, and I am also alarmed that my methadone will no longer work. However, if my tolerance doesn’t go up like a rocket, I’ve got like 50 doses here from 50 bucks worth of street fentanyl.

again, thank you so much for your help and insight. I still do want to get clean. It might be harder now that I know this exists. I’ve been going down on my methadone dose by 5 mg every two weeks. I started on 220 about eight years ago but only started coming down from 180 to 155 about six weeks ago or so. May be a bit longer.

This is sort of a bingeing night for me. Aside from recently stupidly addicting myself to Etizolam, I haven’t done anything like this since 2014. I bought 120 more of the pills so I can try to taper safely. Unfortunately, I seem to have no self-control when it comes to drugs. Been alternating the fent with a small amount of crack too ($40) worth. That drug is only fun sometimes and only when I’m not anxious. Haven’t taken any ETI in the last few hours because that’s just to recklessly dangerous IMO. Often I don’t even like it and it just compels me to keep doing it over and over until it’s gone. Opiates on the other hand…But for fentanyl, I always heard it had a little euphoric value. Unless this is mostly heroin, I cannot see that. Is IV really that much better than smoking?

I’m pretty sure I’ve always had high tolerance. I omce injected 32 mg of Dilaudid pills at once from a spoon.(the triangular white ones. Loved those so much, but very quick half life and WD of course was brutal). Do they still even make those??!

Of course I had a tolerance then when I did that, but still that’s just nuts. Oh, I also get a very opiate-like rush whenever I use my regular nicotine Vape which I have normal e-liquid which is 12 mg per mL. I’ve never understood why that is, how that happens. Nowhere near the same feeling as smoking fentanyl of course, but I would say it’s up there with maybe taking a few Percs temporarily. Maybe an OC 10 for a few seconds. It’s pretty amazing.
It’s definitely an opiate feeling and not a nicotine one and it only happens when there’s opiates already in my system. If I’m going through withdrawal, nothing at all if anything, it just tastes gross and I don’t want any.

Have you tried drugs like Tianeptine? I’ve been thinking of ordering some from that site. I’ve also got 3-FPM but I haven’t used it yet, really. I took about 10 mg orally to start, but never noticed anything. Same with yohimbine but I can’t because I’m on clonidine and it would cancel it’s a fact considering it’s an antagonist at the adrenergic alpha receptor unlike Clonidine which is an agonist. My blood pressure would skyrocket and it could be very dangerous. I also have Modafinil but again, never taken more than one and notice little if anything.

But Tianeptine, A good mu agonist antidepressant that also treats anxiety and even IBS? Sounds too good to be true. Since I live up north in the same country is that site, I never have to worry about customs seizing anything either.

Tianeptine is likely a bad idea for somebody already with opioid dependence especially if the goal is to get clean. It can be quite addictive for some of us where dosing and tolerance both escalate quickly. Withdrawals from it can be pretty damn horrible. That said, not everyone thinks it's all the great - some just find it kinda meh but those who like it are at risk for developing quite an addiction to it.

if you do use it and manage to stick to therapeutic dosing (like 12.5mg three times a day) then addiction and withdrawals are not an issue but for someone predisposed to opioid problems this can risky due to temptations.