• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is the proper place to talk about opioids and heroin?

CrystallineDream

Greenlighter
Hiya!

I'm a brand new member here... Is this the proper place to talk about opioids and heroin? Also, is it permitted for us to talk about our own use of illegal substances? And, what does SWIM stand for? Lastly, are there any major rules I should know about that could otherwise get me kicked off the forums if I'm not aware of them?

Thanks,

--Natalie, CCH, R.M.

I see we can't talk about the prices of illegal substances. Does anyone know of a forum without this rule and/or with very little rules at all? Some of the subjects I want to talk about aren't permitted here it appears... I'm still trying to find out what the heck SWIM stands for though by the way, lol...

Welcome to Bluelight :)
SWIM stands for "Someone Who Is not Me" but we don't use it, as it offers no legal protection.

I'm semi new to, Crystalline. Apart from certain rules (which are in place to protect you), I've found this forum interesting and useful. There's an interesting mixture of members, mega forums, info on every type of drug, even a shrine for past members who've passed on. I read for 3 weeks before joining.

Just because you can't discuss pricing doesn't mean it's not worth the stay.

SWIM is the most irritating term on the planet....everyone knows it's the OP, and it doesn't offer any protection.

I see we can't talk about the prices of illegal substances. Does anyone know of a forum without this rule and/or with very little rules at all? Some of the subjects I want to talk about aren't permitted here it appears... I'm still trying to find out what the heck SWIM stands for though by the way, lol...

Check out reddit, it's less ruley rules than here.

SWIM= Someone Who Isn't Me

As someone pointed out everyone even LEO knows it is the person using it and seeing SWIM constantly throughout the past is quite annoying. It won't get you kicked off, but very disliked.

Cool. Awesome! And thank you all so much for all your help :)
You all have been incredibly helpful and informative!