• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is the knowledge of good and evil, good or evil?

I have asked myself for the longest of times what is the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil:
I am afraid it is (IMO) judgment; which condemns the judge and leaves one in a world of hurt and misery.
Just opining and dustin' out the mem-brain for a second.
Peace

Sound reasoning.

I understand the situation but fail to see the problem.

Do you think a healthy human being does not judge many things daily?

Yes we all do, and yes, of course, every judgement condemns the judge.

That is why Yahweh is guilty of doing evil with his first judgement as a judge of man, by demanding that Jesus be sacrificed. That was even before man could sin.

Regards
DL

by a psychic one

By a psychic realm that should be seen as irrelevant to us, as we cannot mimic it's laws and rules and we have no proof of it's existence.

You might have meant divine supernatural realm.

A psychic real does exist to me, knowing telepathy is real, but it is natural and not supernatural or miracle working.

If it was, I would have tried to take advantage.

Regards
DL

Do you think a healthy human being does not judge many things daily?
To put it bluntly: No.
Healthy people do not judge, IMO, they are just playing a role of sorts in the arena of some others production..............................
Best always,
Ptah

Edit: Still guilty of judgements just seems I have learned mercy and am more lenient in my punishments.

Last edited:
There are different meanings of psychic. One is of something opposed to the physical, like having a psychic bond with somebody as opposed to a purely physical connection

I don't agree that good and evil are dualities that harmonize or whatever. That'd imply that everybody or thing has these qualities and I don't see any evidence for that

Good is humility. You don't have to be prideful/evil to see that

You might have meant divine supernatural realm.... it is natural and not supernatural or miracle working.
If it was, I would have tried to take advantage.
Ahhh, but do we not partake of all realms and/or ideas/ideals each and every seond of our existence? I would hope so but know that this is blasphemy and I should be burned or X-ified. Let 'em try it. LOL

Love,
Ptah

This is r/atheism tier cringe. Why is Christianity the only religion you endlessly spam threads about?

Gnostics can use any kind of symbolism, I think, Gnostic Christians use Christian symbols to practice Gnosticism. Although some others may say Jesus was really a Gnostic and Christians misappropriated Jesus. IDK I haven't read much other than wiki warrior it and what I read here.

Ahhh, but do we not partake of all realms and/or ideas/ideals each and every seond of our existence? I would hope so but know that this is blasphemy and I should be burned or X-ified. Let 'em try it. LOL

Love,
Ptah

You cannot partake of the imaginary, except in imaginary ways.

Regards
DL

This is r/atheism tier cringe. Why is Christianity the only religion you endlessly spam threads about?

Which religion does the most harm to mankind if not the Abrahamic cults?

Why do you respect lying preachers and their genocidal prick of a god?

Regards
DL

Gnostics can use any kind of symbolism, I think, Gnostic Christians use Christian symbols to practice Gnosticism. Although some others may say Jesus was really a Gnostic and Christians misappropriated Jesus. IDK I haven't read much other than wiki warrior it and what I read here.

Gnostic Christians see Yahweh as evil while Christians see him as good.

What do you see? A worthy god or something less?

Regard
DL

Which religion does the most harm to mankind if not the Abrahamic cults?

Why do you respect lying preachers and their genocidal prick of a god?

Regards
DL

Ok... so make a thread dealing with Islam or Judaism then. I've made it clear in multiple threads on here over the years that I am not religious at all, and I'm not even well versed on what gnosticism is so maybe you could school me on the subject. All these counterpoints to Christian scripture you make could be consolidated into one thread; it's just mildly annoying. And I don't acknowledge the xtian deity as good or evil, because he/she/it most likely doesn't exist in the first place.

Is the knowledge of good and evil, good or evil?

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce, or condemned to death if he educated himself. .

Regards
DL
Knowing what's good and bad is a survival trait that allows us to pass down successful techniques of staying alive to our descendants. In many ways "good" and "bad" is subjective.

Killing someone in some cases is necessary, if someone breaks into your house and is swinging a hammer around, it's justified to defend your belongings and family by killing him, although you have the opportunity to call the feds. However killing someone out of spite is usually seen as negative, because humans are empathetic and killing someone for a poor reason is unjustified.

Some things like rape I don't think can be justified as you're forcing (from a man's point of view) a woman to have sex with you, and potentially give birth to your kid/kids, which causes distress for the woman and a poor social structure for the kids.

Read the Tao Te Ching. This universe is one of duality. Good, bad. Dark, Light. Right, Wrong. Up, Down....

Knowing good and evil is not a bad or good thing. Finding balance, ying and yang, is the key to happiness and is "The Way".

I truly believe everyone should read the Tao Te Ching. It's the most true, wise book ever written in history. Even if you are or are not religious, everyone should read it.

There are actually a lot of key similarities between the Tao Te Ching and the Bible.

Ok... so make a thread dealing with Islam or Judaism then. I've made it clear in multiple threads on here over the years that I am not religious at all, and I'm not even well versed on what gnosticism is so maybe you could school me on the subject. All these counterpoints to Christian scripture you make could be consolidated into one thread; it's just mildly annoying. And I don't acknowledge the xtian deity as good or evil, because he/she/it most likely doesn't exist in the first place.

God's existence does make no difference when judging moral issues.

They are moral or not. Christian moral cowards call evil good. They cannot condemn their genocidal god for his great sins.

Regards
DL

Knowing what's good and bad is a survival trait that allows us to pass down successful techniques of staying alive to our descendants. In many ways "good" and "bad" is subjective.

Killing someone in some cases is necessary, if someone breaks into your house and is swinging a hammer around, it's justified to defend your belongings and family by killing him, although you have the opportunity to call the feds. However killing someone out of spite is usually seen as negative, because humans are empathetic and killing someone for a poor reason is unjustified.

Some things like rape I don't think can be justified as you're forcing (from a man's point of view) a woman to have sex with you, and potentially give birth to your kid/kids, which causes distress for the woman and a poor social structure for the kids.

If the knowledge is good for survival, why would a god deny us that knowledge?

Did Yahweh not want A & E to survive?

Regards
DL

Read the Tao Te Ching. This universe is one of duality. Good, bad. Dark, Light. Right, Wrong. Up, Down....

Knowing good and evil is not a bad or good thing. Finding balance, ying and yang, is the key to happiness and is "The Way".

I truly believe everyone should read the Tao Te Ching. It's the most true, wise book ever written in history. Even if you are or are not religious, everyone should read it.

There are actually a lot of key similarities between the Tao Te Ching and the Bible.

All religions are great for the in group.

The way most religions deal with out groups is immoral. One need only look at their homophobic and misogynous teachings.

Not to mention that in the fascist religions we are talking about, have gods whose goal is world dominance and promises to kill all detractors when he returns.

Christians love to see those murders coming up.

Regards
DL

If the knowledge is good for survival, why would a god deny us that knowledge?

Did Yahweh not want A & E to survive?

Regards
DL
We will never come to a conclusion as I don't have a hebraic world view and will never worship a god of some tribe that was borrowed from the Summerians or Babylonians.

The God of the Hebrews is a fucking cunt who will punish people for not putting trust in a completely invisible force and will allow his people to genocide other ethnic groups because they don't believe in him. Maybe, he's just a dick, maybe, he doesn't exist; as he is the God of Israel, and the Jewish person can use their false god to justify ethnic cleansing to expand their boarders?

You should forget about God and come back down to reality and realise what's spiritually real is HERE - nature.

Here's the purpose of your life: to have children. That's it, to pass down your successful traits combined with the successful traits of another partner.

From a spiritual point of view, the Garden of Eden was probably on Earth but when the canopy existed, before the Flood it could've been easy to see Heaven and communicate with God and his angels

The problem is that demons came about prior to humans so we already don't have a good idea of what perfection was supposed to be, as Satan himself could appear before Adam. Not like images we are used to seeing nowadays but an actual fleshly being who talked to Adam

So we don't have a good idea of what constituted good because evil already existed in another being that came before us. Who's to say we weren't tainted by evil when Adam was created?

You should forget about God and come back down to reality and realise what's spiritually real is HERE - nature.

You are telling me to forget about what you then promote.

I have no need to come back as I am in reality already.

I use logos, not mythos. I am a Gnostic Christian. Not a lesser thinker.

All Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenists and naturalist. That is why some say that we are the only good Christians.

We, like all esoteric/shamanist religions, follow the esoteric teachings of Jesus that the church did not take out of the bible. Rome missed a few tidbits of the real teachings.

I will not forget about god because he is me.

You will say the same unless you have some other god.

Regards
DL