• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is the knowledge of good and evil, good or evil?

I see a sower whose angels will bring in the harvest at the end of days. 16th SOT.

Evil then.

Good.

The needs of the many should always outweigh the needs of the few who would follow a genocidal Yahweh.

Regards
DL

From a spiritual point of view, the Garden of Eden was probably on Earth but when the canopy existed, before the Flood it could've been easy to see Heaven and communicate with God and his angels

The problem is that demons came about prior to humans so we already don't have a good idea of what perfection was supposed to be, as Satan himself could appear before Adam. Not like images we are used to seeing nowadays but an actual fleshly being who talked to Adam

So we don't have a good idea of what constituted good because evil already existed in another being that came before us. Who's to say we weren't tainted by evil when Adam was created?

What evil do you see Adam doing?

Would you do otherwise and never reproduce?

Regards
DL

What evil do you see Adam doing?

Would you do otherwise and never reproduce?

Regards
DL
Well I wouldn't consider myself the same type of man or even human. After all he was born a man and not a newborn, which is a lot different from people now. But I'm saying what measure do you go by as far as good nature when evil can influence and even came about before humans?

I think it could be argued that humans aren't good at all, but rather humans are neutral and don't even have the faculties to conjure good or evil elements; even though they might think they can

You are telling me to forget about what you then promote.

I have no need to come back as I am in reality already.

I use logos, not mythos. I am a Gnostic Christian. Not a lesser thinker.

All Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenists and naturalist. That is why some say that we are the only good Christians.

We, like all esoteric/shamanist religions, follow the esoteric teachings of Jesus that the church did not take out of the bible. Rome missed a few tidbits of the real teachings.

I will not forget about god because he is me.

You will say the same unless you have some other god.

Regards
DL
I have no Father or Bread-Keeper (Lord) which I have to bend down on my knees and whisper my wants to; I get them myself. I'd only fast to build discipline not to prostrate myself.

Your belief system is a mixture of ancient Greek philosophy and a reworking of the God of Israel, Greek philosophy will have some similarities to my belief system, as it's soil was pre-Christian Europe.

I feel the "Good" God incarnate should have made his teachings a bit more exoteric, maybe that would have cleared some 2000 years of Christian theology up as well as some killings and unite the Church?

Mythos tends to be less confusing when you see them as lessons rather than fanciful stories. Yeshua should have denied that silly genesis story when "God" in Hebrew is referred to in the plural...

No one on Earth is God.

I don't see why Hashem, the creator in Biblical Hebrew wouldn't exist. The idea that a deity wields control over peoples' lives is meaningless though. That's when things unravel while not making any sense. Notice too how there are victors who save people from suffering and destruction

Basically it's a bunch of allegories because the world is chaotic. Why would God allow chaos?

Well I wouldn't consider myself the same type of man or even human. After all he was born a man and not a newborn, which is a lot different from people now. But I'm saying what measure do you go by as far as good nature when evil can influence and even came about before humans?

I think it could be argued that humans aren't good at all, but rather humans are neutral and don't even have the faculties to conjure good or evil elements; even though they might think they can

You are not looking at reality.

We, collectively, are tribal by nature. We cannot be more evil than good.

Regards
DL

No one on Earth is God.

Not the supernatural god for sure.

You should remember that the god label was also given or taken by emperors and their sons were labelled sons of the gods.

We have no real clue as to how to define the supernatural fantasy Yahweh that Christianity idol worships in spite of his genocidal and satanic ways.

Regards
DL

You are not looking at reality.

We, collectively, are tribal by nature. We cannot be more evil than good.

Regards
DL
Is that reality though? Sure I'd be a tribalist if I had to be, but by nature I'm not and I know about it

Is that reality though? Sure I'd be a tribalist if I had to be, but by nature I'm not and I know about it

By nature, we must all begin as tribal, as we rely on the tribe for our first few tears of life.

Who do you know that can live without others?

Regards
DL

Hermits live without others but you might call them tribalists. I would too

Comparing myself to a tribalist is futile as well because I wasn't born into a tribe. Although my ancestors, the ones I actually have written records of before Christianity showed up belonged to a feudal society I still wouldn't call them tribal

Tribes are something from much further back in time and they had names. For this reason, saying that one is tribal or is a tribalist is misleading. One can't simply dismiss the past and suddenly believe they belong to a tribe; even if there's such a thing as say identifying which tribe you descend from in Israel

Maybe I'm just being picky with my terminology but I don't want to trivialize history by saying that everybody is the same. Let's say there's a group of people that never became a tribe due to isolation, we shouldn't call them a tribe in my opinion

This almost reminds me of when people use the word gang for a group or gang mentality when in fact that group clearly isn't a criminal outfit. I know that isn't the same thing but it makes me think of that and how people can overuse certain terms. Perhaps they think they can get rid of the original meaning of a term, but that's just foolishness to me

Hermits live without others but you might call them tribalists. I would too

Comparing myself to a tribalist is futile as well because I wasn't born into a tribe. Although my ancestors, the ones I actually have written records of before Christianity showed up belonged to a feudal society I still wouldn't call them tribal

Tribes are something from much further back in time and they had names. For this reason, saying that one is tribal or is a tribalist is misleading. One can't simply dismiss the past and suddenly believe they belong to a tribe; even if there's such a thing as say identifying which tribe you descend from in Israel

Maybe I'm just being picky with my terminology but I don't want to trivialize history by saying that everybody is the same. Let's say there's a group of people that never became a tribe due to isolation, we shouldn't call them a tribe in my opinion

This almost reminds me of when people use the word gang for a group or gang mentality when in fact that group clearly isn't a criminal outfit. I know that isn't the same thing but it makes me think of that and how people can overuse certain terms. Perhaps they think they can get rid of the original meaning of a term, but that's just foolishness to me

Group, gang, tribe, religion or political party, they are all tribes. They all follow shared ideologies for their groups and are basically the same thing.

Regards
DL

Group, gang, tribe, religion or political party, they are all tribes. They all follow shared ideologies for their groups and are basically the same thing.

Regards
DL
How I understand it, a tribe is a group of people with familial ties. This is mainly what bonds them, but also shared language, religion and certain customs related to trading and bartering with other tribes. To make it more complicated, they might even wear unique clothing and be enemies with certain other tribes

Those other types of groups are more like a result of politics, even though they come about organically

Last edited:
How I understand it, a tribe is a group of people with familial ties. This is mainly what bonds them, but also shared language, religion and certain customs related to trading and bartering with other tribes. To make it more complicated, they might even wear unique clothing and be enemies with certain other tribes

Those other types of groups are more like a result of politics, even though they come about organically

I define tribe/gang/group more broadly. Esoteric thinking broadens or opens the vocabulary use and definitions so as to KISS.

Regards
DL

OP's entire purpose is attack, demean, and undermine persons based on their Judeo-Christian beliefs. Read the posts, that's what Gnostic Christianity is, a method developed to undermine and ridicule Christians and their churches. Its a philosophy of religious bigotry and hatred directed at Christians.

OP's entire purpose is attack, demean, and undermine persons based on their Judeo-Christian beliefs. Read the posts, that's what Gnostic Christianity is, a method developed to undermine and ridicule Christians and their churches. Its a philosophy of religious bigotry and hatred directed at Christians.

Exactly what all moral people will do. Are you that?

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

Exactly what all moral people will do. Are you that?

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds.
Why put Jews on a pedestal here? They've had slaves and fought in wars. At least Jews are mostly free from criticism because of consistency, but to say that any religion is sane would be giving it undue credit

People can be nice and have a good moral foundation but if it's based on religion they're still fundamentally wrong, so it's moot. Works and deeds is Judaism. Christianity holds that one doesn't need to perform deeds or rituals to ascend into Heaven, but to show acts of kindness and humility

Why put Jews on a pedestal here? They've had slaves and fought in wars. At least Jews are mostly free from criticism because of consistency, but to say that any religion is sane would be giving it undue credit

People can be nice and have a good moral foundation but if it's based on religion they're still fundamentally wrong, so it's moot. Works and deeds is Judaism. Christianity holds that one doesn't need to perform deeds or rituals to ascend into Heaven, but to show acts of kindness and humility

Humility is overrated and used by those unsure of their positions. have you noted that bible god has none?

If I or anyone is that unsure of their position and cannot argue it well, best to just shut up.

Who put Jews on a pedestal?

I give their esoteric branch points for intelligence, but their right wing is as loony as all the extreme right wingers.

I like the non-theistic Jews but not the literalist fools. I also give them point for balking at Yahweh for ordering them to kill and murder as well.

They are not the moral cowards that Christians and Muslim genocidal god lovers are.

Regards
DL