Is texting about drugs really a bad idea?

If you're being investigated then they are a great tool for the investigator because they are stored with the telco for up to four months :\

If you're not being investigated then they won't get you dicked, problem is you won't know when you are being investigated.

the thing about text messages, and this is true because i've had to deal with it in court, is they cops have to PROVE BEYOND A DOUBT that YOU sent the text. you can say joe blow friend picked up your phone and sent the texts. never put "hey this is herowinn3r i need some dope man! i got dope i will sell you for money, too! lets do a dope deal!".

just leave your name out and you'll be okay if you have a good lawyer and KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

My cousin's father suspected him of doing drugs a while back, he went to the carrier and asked for his text records, and they gave them to him from a whole year back. Now that's fuckin scary man.

i think i would commit suicide if this happened to me. i would be in such deep shit.

I mean, we've had a billion threads about this topic--so at this point I'll venture: if you're worried about it, just don't do it. :\

I think it is important to remember the time (which was not actually that long ago and believe it or not was in my lifetime) when we didn't have computers or mobile phones available to the masses. In this prehistoric period we used things like diaries which could be left of the train just like a phone. The 'data' from such a device is much more easily retrieved, so these risks are not new.

I used to work for Sprint, so I can't attest for others companies, but there isn't a log of text messages saved anywhere, all that is stored is the date/time and the number of characters in the text
echelon/USAUKAUS/signals intelligence, are you familiar with them?

they actaully do log massive amounts of anything they pick up. granted, they aint for the police. Only perhaps if your mob boss will it shared with the police. But there are records compiled by such organs as the CSE, NSA, mi5, ect.

Yes, texting is a bad idea. I occasionally texted when I sold as a young guy... When I got busted 2 of my friends almost met up with the police after exchanging some texts. I was behind bars and the fuckers were texting my friends trying to set shit up. Thankfully, the piggys said something out of the norm of what I would say and they caught on.

haha this is a great question. This has crossed my mind before after scoring countless times via text messaging. I agree that it wouldn't be wise if you were a big-time dealer to use text messaging. No doubt, the smart dealers know this already. But for someone like myself, your average joe blow who texts to find blow and other good stuff, then it's something not to be worried about. Also, if one is on probation/parole then certainly you want to keep ALL text messages as clean as possible.