• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is taking Syrian Rue extract after phenibut safe?

+96+

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelight :)

I took a 1.1g phenibut dose this morning without taking into consideration that I had some syrian rue extract I wanted to sample. Is this a safe combo? Are there any interactions between the two?

I'm going to err on the side of caution since things like alcohol and barbiturates are not safe, right? Will the long duration of phenibut be a factor?

A sincere thank you for your time and help!

Yes, Syrian Rue contains Harmala alkaloids and they are MAOI, MonoAminoOxidaseInhibitors, meaning it will temporarily stop your body from breaking down monoamines, such as dopamine, norepinephrine, histamine, serotonine and melatonin to name the main ones.

According to russian studies on Phenibut, it releases dopamine, especially in amounts you've taken (1.1G). Also considering quite a long half-life of Phenibut, I'd be careful with taking Syrian Rue.

But it will all heavily depend on amount of Rue you are taking and your previous experiences with MAOI. That being said I've combined 500mg of Phenibut (taken in the morning) with 150mg of Harmaline (extract from harmala seeds, taken about 5 hours after Phenibut) and other psychedelics and the experience was safe and sound. YMMV.

Also, I'd recommend to take your rue on empty stomach (or as empty as possible) to avoid nausea. ;)