• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is taking a xanax every now and then any worse than how people take phenibut semi reg

Deioflaje

Greenlighter
I know that you never want to get dependent on either so in that case isn't it just the same as the withdrawals to either are horrendous. Although they say the withdrawal from benzoes is worse but if you are never taking them daily then should it be any more of a concern than how many take phenibut once on a semi regualr basis?

For benzoes I would not want to take more than once a week to be safe but the odd time I want to kick back and or if I try a bit of speed again and wanna sleep?

Note I have had the odd benzo in the past and didn't have any issue with wanting to take them more often. Quite the opposite actually. I was so scared of the nightmare withdrawals I had read about that I would most times not even finish what I had bought and ended up throwing them away. I was even anxious when I took them thinking it could be a slippery slope to destruction.

I did have a gram of diazepam before that when I was more careless and didn't think about withdrawals or the consequences of taking such things and even then I wasn't compellled to take often. I would just take it and think not much of it at all and just keep it for comedowns - since I bought it specifically for that when I took MDMA but was experimenting with it on other days just because and didn't have any urge to take it more.

What I hated about diaz is it lasted so long but otherwise the anxiolytic and sleep effect was very useful. When I took it for comedowns I would end up feeling zonked out for days after which was very inconvenient. So xanax I am interested to try since it is a shortened half life.

I have been through all the herbals and they either don't do shit, cause side effects I hate.

Kratom is always at my side though as first line of defence however it isn't that great as a straight sedative for sleep or general straight down sedation.

I have just been hunting for something safe to keep around for such occasions.

Ie of the other options such as GHB (risky) and F-phenibut (untestested) or regular phen (steep dependence curve), gabapentin (has some studies indicating it causes tumors) isn't xanax the safer option?

Last edited:
You're looking for an answer to a question that is entirely subjective. Is a cheeseburger better than an italian sub? Is red better than turquoise? Are blondes better than brunettes? Well, it depends upon who you ask. As you've implied here, an correctly at that, is these drugs are all very capable of provoking dependence and subsequent withdrawal. It must be noted here that withdrawal from Gabapentinoids:

Phenibut (OTC Supplement) - Gabapentin (Neurontin) - Pregabalin (Lyrica) - F-Phenibut (RC)

....is typically every bit as severe as withdrawal from Benzodiazepines, at least in terms of the psychological impact. I cannot speak to how dangerous the withdrawal syndrome is, but suffice to say it is a difficult experience.

Also, as you've stated, some of these drugs are relatively new and/or untested. For this reason, we cannot make anything like a definitive statement upon the safety of said drugs. Gabapentin has been in use for decades and we are still learning about it. So, yes, Benzodiazepines, including Alprazolam (Xanax) have been tried, tested and approved. Benzodiazepines, actually, are a remarkable improvement upon their ancestors the Barbiturates. If used in the fashion that you're describing, they are harmless.

The most dangerous aspect of Benzodiazepines is when they're combined with other CNS depressants or when withdrawing from a significant habit. Otherwise, have at it. If you're wondering what is "better", that's not something that we can really quantify.

One thing I can add is that reg Phenibut can leave you in a daze for 24-36 hours if the dose is too high on initial exposure. The first time I took it the measuring spoon fell out of the envelope and I couldn't find it, there was no dosing info on the container other than take one measured dose with included spoon, so I used 1/3 teaspoon and then slept for 22 hours with a hangover. It also left a mild haze in my vision after the first couple doses when waking after sleep, seems best to abstain like once every couple days. Gabapentin is great, it can be a sedative or cause paradoxical excitement, usually dependent on dose but also builds a quick tolerance. Rotating benzos at conservative doses might be your best bet if you tolerate the Phenibut poorly.

Last edited:
What of this research I am just reading about that benzo use increases risk of alzheimers and dementia?

Is that anything to be concerned of if only taking them sporadically.

I've just started taking Phenibut to help with concentration/focus for my work, so I'm surprised to read people say it acts as a sedative. Sedation is the last thing I want during the day time

I'm starting off with only 250mg and will work my way up

My experience was pure stupidity, but conservative doses are subtle and paradoxical stimulation is not unheard of. Just know it's only supposed to be used 3 x a week and dependence is real with everyday use.

I've just started taking Phenibut to help with concentration/focus for my work, so I'm surprised to read people say it acts as a sedative. Sedation is the last thing I want during the day time

I'm starting off with only 250mg and will work my way up
a GABA analogue with the chance of sedation? Every drug works different for each person. Always start low.

BTW, relaxing certain things allows you to repurpose energy and have more of it for things like focus.

a GABA analogue with the chance of sedation? Every drug works different for each person. Always start low.

BTW, relaxing certain things allows you to repurpose energy and have more of it for things like focus.

they market Phenibut as a nootropic/smart drug, a sort of natural alternative to things like Modafinil

they market Phenibut as a nootropic/smart drug, a sort of natural alternative to things like Modafinil

Modafinil is a weak DRI-dopamine reuptake inhibitor, a weak stimulant if you will. Phenibut is a GABA analogue, which is an inhibitory NT. Apples & Oranges

^yeah, not really the same at all. But I could see low doses of phenibut being an effective study aid in its way, so perhaps similar in that sense.

I can’t study on drugs though. Well, low doses of opioids sure, but anything else makes it next to impossible to really learn much for me.

Interesting^^. I study on the regular perscribed amphetamines, but gaba related medication helps.

Now I am referring to the combination of amps and gabageric medication.

I am interested in modafinal as a study aid.

Before I forget the point, low dose gabagerics IMO, can help you study.

Here is another point. Amphetamine puts me to sleep at certain dosages.

Drugs can have paradoxical reactions.

Can't argue with that. I stay up for a day and a half with a few mg of xanax every 6 hours and I don't mean trying to stay up.

I could see the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts. Synergism can be serendipitous for sure.

IME the nootropic/ focus enhancing effect of Phenibut comes after an acclimation period of say a week or so, not daily use of course.

If by semiregular use you mean like once a week I would say no. As long as your doses are reasonable you aren't going to build any kind of dependency or do any long term damage from using these drugs as intended.

I agree that most kratom strains are not the best for sleep, but I have managed to find a few that work really well for winding down and quieting the mind, which in turn often leads to sleep. They were all red vein strains and balis.

Out of the options you listed I would for sure go with xanax, assuming you take a reasonable dose and only once, maybe twice a week.

xanax is addictive like a bad joke. if those other drugs are as addictive, then they?re all stupid addictive. a few times a year might be ok. once a week is a foolish gamble. while you might quit before you end up with a habit, that?s hanging around in extremely high risk territory.

I would think twice before taking phenibuit daily. I wouldn't mess with that stuff. Maybe once a month at the most.

Xanax is the most abusable commonly encountered benzodiazepine due to its fast onset of action, high potency, and short half life. It is also a terrible drug to mix with opiates and is liable to cause blackouts. However, 1 or 2 mg of alprazolam (Xanax palindrome Xanax) taken--with no other downers!--every once in a while for sleep, anxiolysis, or to take the edge off a bad trip or tweek session won't usually kill you. I have noticed though that people with anxiety are highly prone to benzodiazepine addiction, which is hellacious when pushed far enough.

I just feel out of all the other drugs listed (phenibut, gabapentin, f-phenibut, pregbalin), we know the most about Xanax. It has been trialed and it is the most predictable in its affects. Not knowing anything about OP's tendencies towards drugs in general, addictive or not this is the best choice for accomplishing what he wants to do. No way is he going to build a tolerance/dependency or do any damage to himself whatsoever if he takes .5 to 1 mg one night out of a week. That's more than enough time for his brain to reset. And although benzos are the most addictive drug you can find to the body and mind, they are also actually extremely safe. It is difficult to overdose on them without mixing with another downer.