• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Speed And Alcohol Bad?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I often mix low doses of amphetamine salts (10-20 milligrams) with alcohol. I find that it prevents the really stupid acts of drunkenness (which I have quite a few notable incidents of such lol). I also find that the combo is a productive one. I often do research and learn about things that I otherwise wouldn't on either alone. I find that it really mixes the anxiolytic and disinhibitive effects of booze with the productive get shit done kind of mindset that addy causes. And I have done this quite a lot. I really enjoy it to be honest. Especially since I have a script for addy that my doctor is probably going to be raising soon, as this was kinda my call that believe it or not I was hedging on. But now, hell no....... I really need a dose increase as this stuff is benefiting me tremendously and I will certainly get one as my doc gave me a low dose to check if I was ok with the med in general and would raise my dose. And oddly enough I drank a lot before, but the stuff really seems to synergize quite well with alcohol which I took habitually prior to taking this stuff. While I realize this is likely bad HR advice, for me at least, the mix is like an elixir of creativity and being able to create numerous "drafts" of my work that I can refine in a sober state. I would go as far as to say that combining the two has been beneficial to me, and I have done it many times. While I realize that in the medical profession, there is likely not many people who would say as their prescription, "get drunk before taking this pill"........ I have had really good results with just that personally.

Perhaps, I am an anomaly here....... and while I have had good results with this mixture, I do not encourage anyone to do the same. In fact, I will say that this type of experimentation is potentially dangerous as mixing powerful pharmaceuticals with alcohol can have dangerous results of course. OBVIOUSLY, to anyone reading this, never mix opiate pills with alcohol or benzos with alcohol as that's not an "elixir" for anything much other than death. I'm no pharmacist, but I know that falls into the category of life-threatening effects. I'm not talking about mixing two downers, merely the safety of mixing an upper with a downer as I really enjoy the mix of the two. In addition to often producing strong euphoria that I very much enjoy (that can surpass the addy alone), I find myself feeling really, really creative after taking the mix of the two. I understand you could give yourself alcohol poisoning from the mix, but is it dangerous if you take it with reasonable amounts of alcohol (e.g. far less than what would cause illness without the speed). If so, this is what I have often done with nothing other than great experiences and enjoyable times.

If one keeps both substances within safe dosing ranges (e.g. 10-20 milligrams of addy) and alcohol in reasonably safe doses for myself given daily and frequent experiences with it without taking addy, would there be any risk. If so, what risks specifically? Just curious. I'm not talking about it increasing tolerance as I drink no more than normally when taking the addy, just the same. But simply mix them with no different doses of addy than I'd take during the day while not drinking. And yes, I go to sleep like 4-5 hours later when the addy wears off when I do this.

Taken as a whole, your post gives me the impression that you already know what you need to know to answer your question, which isn't "is speed and alcohol bad", but rather, "here's what I'm doing, is there something I'm unaware of that could be dangerous".

As I said, you seem competent and know the inherent risks that may result from the use of either substance, and the mixture thereof, but want someone to say "yeah, all good", to which I'd say it seems you're being as safe as possible.

Yes the inherent danger is that of poisoning your body with alcohol unwittiningly. If you're not overdoing the alcohol you should be ok.

Yes the inherent danger is that of poisoning your body with alcohol unwittiningly. If you're not overdoing the alcohol you should be ok.

Very good point, overdoing it with the booze is likely the biggest worry, since the go fast will prevent you from feeling as drunk as you are. That said, we have no idea how much you drink normally, but I believe you can determine the safety of that based on your post.

Absolutely I about killed myself drinking whiskey on a meth binge, I was drunk at the end of it if that says anything, while actively smoking