• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is Shooting suboxone strips best ROA for DETOX

Queef Richards

Greenlighter
I'M AUSSIE SO YOU MIGHT NEED A TRANSLATOR. My friend asked me to post this so I quote him/her & I dunno where to put this (haven't figured site out yet).
"I'm trying to detox off a mini subby habit (and benzos too eventually, but got that sitch sorted - for now)
I got 4 x 8 mg suboxone strips 8/2 (8mg bupe/2mg naltrexone)
Should i shoot 'em (that's what i already been doing) or oral, or up the clacker? I wanna make it last (obviously) so i can decrease to nothing and i only got 4 x 8/2 to do it.
I been slamming (*shooting) about 4mgs every whenever (2-4 times a day) but pupils still huge (that's more my 200-1000mg diazepam habit - methinks)
does taking it proper like (oral) keep it in my system (i know u absorb waaay less) work any better/worse than any other ROA... Orally, my technique is i get stoned on green first (for dry mouth) then lie on back until mouth fills up with saliva (and goes a bit numb), generally about 20 mins - then swallow.
If i go up the clacker (bum) i use warm water/vaseline and a 3/5ml and lay on front on bed (put on some Barry White, then think of England) and slip er up/in and pull the trigger... that's quite nice (the come on - not sticking a huge fit up arse)... it takes about 10 mins but, and u kinda gotta do it with a empty bum (duh moment - i know)
or
(as usual) i just mix up in packet & wack it... but the legs aren't that good (imo). The thing with the subby is - i only got 4 x subbys left, and i then it's gonna have to be loperamide/clonidine/quinine, yada yada...
Anyway - if yr following me - what's the advise, because while i got 1000s of benzos, i really wanna quit the subby's (i'll quit the benzos but one thing at a time)... SO
IV/oral or anal? (is that a movie? - it should be)
thanks ppl"
my friend is a comedian (not that there's anything wrong with that) and says any info would be appreciated
fully sick mates

Shooting subs is very bad for you. I don't recommend it at all, please use a different ROA.

that's the best you got? .... hmmm. On what evidence? I couldn't care less about right & wrong. I'm trying to detox. The question is which lasts longer. That's the only thing i want answered

mate, shooting pharmaceutical film strips is incredibly bad for your health unless you're taking extreme precautions like using a micron filter. it's just not worth it.

and it's especially not worth it because suboxone works fine sublinigually (under the tongue). It has a pretty high bioavailability sublingually and a much longer half life compared to when IV'ed. when injected, suboxone's half life is only about 2-3 hours, but when taken sublingually, it's halflife is about 36 hours. so it will last much longer and you won't need to redose as often. your supply will last longer if you take them sublingually than if you shoot them.

i'm not sure which opiates you were using before suboxone, but a half life of 2-3 hours means it's about equal in duration to taking codeine, morphine, or Dilaudid, and about half the duration of drugs like Oxy, Vicodin

a half life of 36 hours means it has about the same duration as methadone for example. pretty much no other opiates last this long, that's why they are used for therapy.

^
that 3-4 hour figure is bullshit.

It still has a at the least 20 hour half-life injected , I was a subutex abuser 10 years ago and me and my girl would just inject 8-16 mg's every morning , the longest we could wait was till 12:00-ish , so that's still a 24 hour half-life.,

I shot a sub once. Worse ive ever felt in my entire life! I was only in withdrawal in for about six hours. It felt like it might had felt good for maybe 5 seconds and boom. Horrible feeling of death. Ten blankets on me and still freezing. If i were you i would just stop entirely. But I would use them how they were engineered to be used. Im sure that is the most effective.

DO NOT SHOOT SUBOXONE! The whole reason why naloxone is in Suboxone is to prevent you from getting high when you shoot it up. Naloxone has a very low BA (around 3% when taken orally but activates fully when injected. That's why Suboxone was created, because Subutex (which is Suboxone without the naloxone) was being abused and shot up. Not only will you feel nothing but will most likely put yourself in precipitated withdraw. At that point there is nothing you'll be able to do, no amount of opiates that will make it go away, because your receptors will be flooded with buprenorphine and naloxone which will kick off any opiates that were on there before.

I know the OP is 10 days old so it probably doesn't matter at this point but I don't even see how it's possible you were even able to get high from shooting up Suboxone. It's specifically formulated to prevent that. Just take the strip sublingually. Yeah you have to wait 30 min for it to hit and about 90 min for the peak effect but it will last for a few hours and keep off WD symptoms for at least a full 24 hours.

Oh and yes that half-life of 2-3 hours UnderFaz stated is complete bullshit! Buprenorphine is incredibly "sticky" on the opioid receptors. The ROA of a drug has no effect on its half-life. It only effects its bio-availability which is how fast it hits you and how much goes into your system. It still depletes from your system at the same rate.

And Kevikevc2d you went into precipitated WD because on top of everything I just stated before happening, you also didn't wait long enough after you used opiates. You're suppose to wait 16+ hours after your last opiate dose before taking Suboxone/Subutex.

Seriously how are half of you guys still alive?

Really need to be careful about misinformed people misinforming people.

*mic drop*

DO NOT SHOOT SUBOXONE! The whole reason why naloxone is in Suboxone is to prevent you from getting high when you shoot it up. Naloxone has a very low BA (around 3% when taken orally but activates fully when injected. That's why Suboxone was created, because Subutex (which is Suboxone without the naloxone) was being abused and shot up. Not only will you feel nothing but will most likely put yourself in precipitated withdraw. At that point there is nothing you'll be able to do, no amount of opiates that will make it go away, because your receptors will be flooded with buprenorphine and naloxone which will kick off any opiates that were on there before.

I know the OP is 10 days old so it probably doesn't matter at this point but I don't even see how it's possible you were even able to get high from shooting up Suboxone. It's specifically formulated to prevent that. Just take the strip sublingually. Yeah you have to wait 30 min for it to hit and about 90 min for the peak effect but it will last for a few hours and keep off WD symptoms for at least a full 24 hours.

Oh and yes that half-life of 2-3 hours UnderFaz stated is complete bullshit! Buprenorphine is incredibly "sticky" on the opioid receptors. The ROA of a drug has no effect on its half-life. It only effects its bio-availability which is how fast it hits you and how much goes into your system. It still depletes from your system at the same rate.

And Kevikevc2d you went into precipitated WD because on top of everything I just stated before happening, you also didn't wait long enough after you used opiates. You're suppose to wait 16+ hours after your last opiate dose before taking Suboxone/Subutex.

Seriously how are half of you guys still alive?

Really need to be careful about misinformed people misinforming people.

*mic drop*
Need to pick that mic back up & step away from it there bro. You are the one spreading misinformation! If you knew half as much as you're acting like you do. You would already know that buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity than nalnoxone therefore rendering the nalnoxone in Suboxone completely useless through any ROA.

The naloxone was added because subutex was at the end of it's patent & generics were starting to be produced. The only way for RB to keep the income flowing in from buprenorphine was to add a supposed anti abuse measure & make a big deal out of how much safer it was than subutex or generic buprenorphine only pills. They got the docs & the govt to believe their BS. Then Subutex is all of the sudden only prescribed in very specific situations, i.e. pregnant women, people allergic or hypersensitive to nalnoxone, etc.

Go forward a few yrs & the patent is up on suboxone. RB's next move was to end production of the pills & switch to producing the strips. Using claims of safety once again they got their patent extended once more. Hence no generic suboxone & millions in revenue staying with RB. Seeing a pattern here at all? Look up what was done with OxyContin to see a similar case of BS safety features being used to extend a patent & keeping generic versions from hitting the market.

Fact is the nalnoxone doesn't do anything in suboxone since it has a weaker binding affinity than bupe.

Generic suboxone does exist though. The pharmacy and doctors wouldn't tell me about it and I has to literally force the info out of them. They then offered me a subsidy through reckitt benser pharmaceuticals to make the price of the Suboxone cost as much as the generic. The generic is buprenorphine/naloxone just like the name brand.

I would absolutely suggest sublingual usage it only has 30% bioavailability but less is more with buprenorphine. You could have been using 4mgs sublingually every 24 hours and by now it would have been tolerable and a rapid one week taper with that, not enough time to accumulate a withdrawal from the buprenorphine itself would have left you in a better position. Many people use a rapid taper with suboxone to great effect, might be something to think about. You've been shooting 4mgs 4 times a day, that would equal 12-13mgs, 4 times a day (when you account for it being 70% higher concentrations with shooting it) which seems quite reckless. Also just shooting 1mg 4 times a day might still be able to hold you. Food for thought. Good luck sir.

To the original poster.... I've been reading bluelight forums for years, but finally just registered today so that I could reply to you. I have been looking for current threads about shooting suboxone strips and finally found this one. I am happy to know I'm not the only one out there ignoring all the advice about NOT shooting the strips. I also use all available ROAs for subs... I can't stand the taste of them. As soon as i put them in my mouth I start to gag and then throw up, so I figure it useless to do it SL because I'm just going to puke it out as soon as I put it in my mouth. In fact, even when using them IV, I still get that taste in my mouth for just a second and it makes me gag every time.

Anyway.... I've been shooting them for about 3 days now. The very first time I did it I got this very intense hot feeling come over me and I felt short of breath, but it lasted less than two minutes and it has not happened again. I should add here that prior to first doing this my last use of heroin had been about 28-32 hours prior. And, I think I did way too much in that first shot. I used about half of a film, and other than that first initial feeling, I didn't feel much. Since then, i have been using less, and I have found that dissolving about a quarter of a strip or less (so 1 - 2 mg bupe) into half cc of water gives me a very nice feeling. So my point here is that if you only have four strips left, I would probably shoot them, for the higher BA, but do much less. Like everyone always says on here, less is more with bupe, and now that I have been shooting it, I do believe that. I have tried them "up the clacker," as you put it, a few times, but again at a much higher dosage. Still, it works better for me than taking them sublingually, and will be my fallback ROA if any issues come up from shooting them.

I would love to hear from anyone else who is or has in the past IV'd suboxone strips. Any long term problems? I don't intend to shoot them for long term and i am blessed to have about 80 strips on hand right now. Honestly, I don't really know what my plan is.... my husband was killed about 3 weeks ago (totally not drug related at all, it was a very tragic accident that has left me heartbroken and wanting to die), and I obviously am struggling with extreme grief on top of my addiction.

So to the OP, I know its been a couple weeks, so you've probably already moved on past this, but thanks for your post that finally made me register!

So sorry for your loss chatelaine. Hope things starts looking up for you. I have been IV'ing strips & tec on and off for 3 years, sublingual or snorting when I am not IV'ing. It's difficult to find veins for me and when I do find a usable spot it doesn't last long (maybe 2-3 shots). I am not sure about long term problems because I think long term is more like 5-10 years IMO but I do believe the strips can make some veins turn hard-like but that may be with IV'ing anything too much. I am also like you and would like to hear more from recent suboxone/subutek IV users and experiences.

Pretty sure the best roa would bc sublingually, which is right up there with plugging it, with that substance

I have ived sub strips for 7 years on and off. Pros: immediate feeling cons: immediate withdraw if using opiates and loss of veins. Also just started using cotton a year ago. While strongly recommended... Not required

Last edited by a moderator: