• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Is Seroquel a good drug?

SneakyCosmos

Ex-Bluelighter
Ive been on it for the past two years. I dont know if its one of those meds that go un noticed or should i be feeling something. Never had a side affect. Anyone else familiar with this drug ?

Got friends that it works wonders for …. Gives me restless legs to the point I got holes in the wall around my bed and just makes everything worst

I know this sounds cliche but I am prescribed it for sleep because otherwise I don’t fall asleep naturally and will just stay awake all night and all day. I feel that it makes me feel rested and refreshed upon waking as opposed to experiencing interrupted sleep by waking up in the middle of the night. I suffer from severe depression that’s treatment-resistant.

200mg twice a day isn't common for depression. There is generally more going on in such cases 🤔. More so for severe treatment resistant depression, depression with psychotic symptoms, or "bipolar depression".

I once had a girlfriend in college who took 200mg a day, she was weird, not very bright, yet she did well in school because she worked extraordinary hard for it. She used flash cards, the whole deal. She's a lawyer now. She claimed to have bipolar disorder at the time, a diagnosis I disagreed with. But in retrospect she probably did have bipolar disorder as her dad clearly suffered from type I bipolar disorder. My theory at the time was that her diagnosis came about by being sort of projected at her by her father. Meaning she was coached into a set of symptoms. In other words she never really felt those symptoms organically, but out of his own sickness and hyperawareness of his own disorder, sort of provoked it out of her, as if always trying to see his disease in her. Of course she very might have very well had it.

I remember staying over there one night, it was like the second time I went there. She lived at home and was i think 22 years old at the time. Her parents knew i was there. He later brought up some sleeping pills on a little dish, somehow he knew i couldn't sleep. At 3am i hear a hair dryer go on for hours, she said "oh thats just my dad".

Its funny, he kind of looked like me. But she was very attractive, tall almost my height, curly blond giant green eyes, and was one of those weird cases where she wasn't fully aware of how pretty she was. Maybe that's a side-effect of seroquel 🤯

For more, check my upcoming novel: "Negrogesic: The fast life of a bluelight moderator"

Ive been on it for the past two years. I dont know if its one of those meds that go un noticed or should i be feeling something. Never had a side affect. Anyone else familiar with this drug ?
I’d say if you found something that works for you great , I was givin 50 mg twice a day but I couldn’t take my day dose and be alert and function safely at work so I only took it at night , ( it’s a very strong drug) I’d wake up with a slight seroquel hangover for about an hour before it fades, I’d get a solid nights sleep from taking it , my insurance company wanted me off of it because of possible weight issues that could arise and I think diabetes was mentioned,

I utilised it as a sleep aid for a couple of years at 50mg IIRC, worked great for a period but slowly lost its effect in helping with my sleep patterns.

It has some very serious potential side effects, especially at higher dosage levels. If you are being prescribed Seroquel at that dosage level, then it must be for a comorbid condition of depression and bipolar.

If you don't have bipolar then I would seriously review using dosages at that level for depression. Be EXTREMELY careful utilising other recreational drugs in conjunction with Seroquel at those dosage levels, as major interactions can occur with certain substances.

LL

Seroquel I would only use at night. I would wake up still feeling tired, and recreational drugs wouldn’t work to their full potential. But I was on a higher dose of the stuff. I stopped using it because of all the negative side effects including weight gain.

It's not really a question of good or bad. It's a question of the role that it plays in your life. I know people for whom it has been relatively effective for their indications without producing severe, heavy side effects, which I supposed is the mark of a "good drug".

This is such a broad and open ended question. Not only do we not know you well enough, we don't know why wou're taking it, how much you're taking, your previous experience with it and so on. All I can say is that above. It's not a "drug of abuse". It's a useful sleeping pill and it's not a heavy, heavy antipsychotic like the kind used to essentially numb Psychotic episodes, but like I said, low dose usage of drugs like Quetiapine (Seroquel) is a copletely different animal from high dosage, consistent usage.

There are literal psychotics using high dosages to prevent them from raping and killing, meanwhile, my grandmother takes a small dose at night to help her get to sleep. Read between the lines and use your brain.

For whatever reason these atypical antipsychotics/antidepressants with high affinity for the H1 receptor do not sedate me. Having been prescribed Amitriptyline/Mirtzapine/Olanzapine/Quetiapine/Risperidone/Aripirazole.

I guess Protracted benzo withdrawal related insomnia trumps all sedating medications...

shrinks your brain anywhere between 0.1 % and 2% every year.. no thanks

seroquel is the go to drug if you need to get through prison sentence or psychiatric hospital .. you can sleep your way through everything

Seroquel I would only use at night. I would wake up still feeling tired, and recreational drugs wouldn’t work to their full potential. But I was on a higher dose of the stuff. I stopped using it because of all the negative side effects including weight gain.
the weight gain on all these anti-psychotics are horrendous

shrinks your brain anywhere between 0.2 % and 2% every year.. no thanks
wonder what % of the brain shrinks back in horror and toxicity from out industrial revolution? Those fumes as one is cruisin down 95 doin 95 is so full of the best of the worst I couldn't and wouldn't even try at the numbers... surly this has been done ad nausea.
Again here I go with the killing ourselves to live... ozzy had some thoughts maybe not on the same level as marley but ozzy rulz. ;) It all fits together somehow and/or someone is hiding a few finishing pieces.
Who did it...?
Buck up and take yer meds. (sounds rewarding to me lol i'll confess for a double shot of benz and thc oil (hash oil as the ol man says ha). :drama:

My only time taking seroquel was not fun at all. My body did want to breathe on its own so I had to consciously make an effort to keep breathing. Otherwise it just made me super tired and groggy. This was back when I was a teen and I am 100% sure the dose I took was way too high. It's definitely not a recreational thing. Taken at proper dose, I could see it working well for me to come down from stimulants.