• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is recreational use of codeine/ibuprofen tablets safer than codeine/paracetamol tablets?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I live in Ireland and unfortunately, pure codeine phosphate tablets are only available through a prescription. Don't want to fork out €60 to see a GP so my only options are Nurofen Plus which contains 12.8mg of codeine and 200mg of ibuprofen or Solpadeine which has 12.8mg of codeine and 500mg of paracetamol.

I've heard that paracetamol is 50-100x more toxic than ibuprofen. Not to say that ibuprofen is completely safe but if given the choice of which one to abuse, the latter is way better. I think I'd be dead if I abused Solpadeine tablets as the paracetamol would fry my liver and cause irreversible liver damage within a month. I think ibuprofen abuse can lead to gastric ulcers which isn't as bad but still can cause coma/death albeit in rare cases.

This question it's just wow. I mean, why don't u ask "Can I smoke green tea?" No, paracetamol it's not a benzo -- it's antibiotics.

No, paracetamol it's not a benzo -- it's antibiotics.

I'm not sure if I missed the sarcasm, but paracetamol possesses no antibiotic activity, it is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesic.

Paracetamol is generally hard on the liver, whereas Ibuprofen in large doses damages the kidneys. If you're going to use those tablets to get high, I highly recommend using the paracetamol variety and performing a cold water extraction to minimize the amount of paracetamol consumed. This is relatively straightforward, and prevents excess ingestion of it. The daily safe dosage for paracetamol is 4g, though I wouldn't recommend going past 2g a day if it's an every day type of thing.

You can perform a simple experiment to see the cold water extraction work. Weigh the amount of pills you're going to take. Perform the cold water extraction, and save the filtrate, and allow it to dry. Weigh the dry filtrate, and subtract it from the weight of the pills, that's the amount of paracetamol and binders that won't go into your system. I found the 8 mg Codeine / 325 mg of Paracetamol type pills commonly sold OTC in Canada to weigh something like 350mg each, so the vast amount of it is paracetamol, and only minimal binders. In the end, a proper cold water extraction removes very close to 95% of it.

I used to do the same with Aspirin and Codeine tablets, it was my main drug of choice for almost 8 years. I'm sure if I never performed cold water extractions, I would have bled to death from my stomach. Later in my career as on OTC Codeine junkie, I used to exclusively take it rectally, and avoiding any and all upset stomach problems, enjoying much faster onset of action.

If you have any issues with bleeding, then avoid ibuprofen or any NSAIDs at all costs. However, acetaminophen over 4,000 mg is very toxic to the liver and should never, ever be exceeded.

I live in Ireland and unfortunately, pure codeine phosphate tablets are only available through a prescription. Don't want to fork out €60 to see a GP so my only options are Nurofen Plus which contains 12.8mg of codeine and 200mg of ibuprofen or Solpadeine which has 12.8mg of codeine and 500mg of paracetamol.

I've heard that paracetamol is 50-100x more toxic than ibuprofen. Not to say that ibuprofen is completely safe but if given the choice of which one to abuse, the latter is way better. I think I'd be dead if I abused Solpadeine tablets as the paracetamol would fry my liver and cause irreversible liver damage within a month. I think ibuprofen abuse can lead to gastric ulcers which isn't as bad but still can cause coma/death albeit in rare cases.
shame you don't live Leicester id sell you mine I used to sell them for £20 a box at some point I just called them lean tablets instead of codeine yep great drug codeine is

Furthermore, don't bother with that branded stuff if you're going to go for an extraction. Just buy generic co-codamol - although they only contain 8mg of codeine, you'll save a shit ton of dosh...

I'm not sure if I missed the sarcasm, but paracetamol possesses no antibiotic activity, it is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesic.

Paracetamol is generally hard on the liver, whereas Ibuprofen in large doses damages the kidneys. If you're going to use those tablets to get high, I highly recommend using the paracetamol variety and performing a cold water extraction to minimize the amount of paracetamol consumed. This is relatively straightforward, and prevents excess ingestion of it. The daily safe dosage for paracetamol is 4g, though I wouldn't recommend going past 2g a day if it's an every day type of thing.

You can perform a simple experiment to see the cold water extraction work. Weigh the amount of pills you're going to take. Perform the cold water extraction, and save the filtrate, and allow it to dry. Weigh the dry filtrate, and subtract it from the weight of the pills, that's the amount of paracetamol and binders that won't go into your system. I found the 8 mg Codeine / 325 mg of Paracetamol type pills commonly sold OTC in Canada to weigh something like 350mg each, so the vast amount of it is paracetamol, and only minimal binders. In the end, a proper cold water extraction removes very close to 95% of it.

I used to do the same with Aspirin and Codeine tablets, it was my main drug of choice for almost 8 years. I'm sure if I never performed cold water extractions, I would have bled to death from my stomach. Later in my career as on OTC Codeine junkie, I used to exclusively take it rectally, and avoiding any and all upset stomach problems, enjoying much faster onset of action.

No, paracetamol is not an NSAID - neither is it an antibiotic. It is merely a mild analgesic...

Hey cowardescent. This is an interesting predicament. In most cases, you would probably want to take Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen. Although, both can cause damage to organs if taken in high doses or for extended periods of time.

Acetaminophen can and often does harm the liver, especially if you use Alcohol frequently or otherwise have liver/hepatic issues. Ibuprofen on the other hand can cause kidney disease. In short, you dont want to use either any more than is actually necessary.

The good news is that you can buy the Acetaminophen/Codeine product and separate the Codeine from the APAP using a very facile process known as the Cold Water Extraction. Anyone can do it. It is simple and known to be pretty effective.

Here is a link to our homegrown thread on the subject. It's easier than baking a cake.

[/URL]

Let us know if you have any questions. We can walk you through the process if you dont understand. I think if you intend to use these combination Codeine products going forward, you have to familiarize yourself with this method

My goodness people! Please please PLEASE learn to do the simple Cold Water Extraction (CWE) method of getting the most codeine out of your tablets without causing excessive damage to your stomach, liver and kidneys! As Keif Richards said, it's easier than baking a cake, so there's no excuse for not doing it.